CC and OCD - not a good combo!

jdcml

So thanks to research here on CC I found out about 4J's for our Dream cruise in October. Of course there is a very limited number of cabins but I was able to snag one. So the other 4 cabins in our group also paid for the upgrade to the Lido deck so that all the cabins could be close together. Nobody had any issue with it because I sold the advantages of being close to the pool...

Then of course I start monitoring fareviewer to make sure we can't get a better price...

And see all the threads about cove balconies... and how wonderful they are... and how everyone that has done it will always do it again and blah blah blah... Then there is the review today of the eastern route and her kids on the balcony as they sailed towards St Thomas :mad:

Now I see that (thanks to fareviewer) that an upgrade to the cove would only be about $400 for those with 4 in a cabin and just $250 for the cabins with 2 people. To me I'd rather cut back on excursions and save some $$ and spend the time at the beaches since those are only a few hours and the balcony is 7 days!

Now I need to come up with a way that being close to the pools is no longer an advantage and being closer to the MDR and shows is better - and of course the view too. Maybe you guys can start a bunch of threads about being so far up and forward causes too much motion sickness!

We don't have to have cabins together, but it would be nice. I feel a little guilty that everyone else booked Lido because I wanted the 4J (they could have gone anywhere but we booked first) and now I want to move again.

Thanks for nuttin everyone! :p I may have to set CC up on a blocked URL list because October 1 is a LONG way away and I could way over research this trip.

I don't sail till 11/26/11 and I too am on here all the time, which is one of the reasons I love to cruise.... I love the fact that you can chat, comment, complain (not that I believe I have), share and relate to others. I am so ready and addicted (I just wish I could cruise more often then every few years).

Have fun and no matter where you are you will make a memory..

Archived