Zip lining

vfb2girls

So hubby and I had a great experience when we zip lined in Roatan and since I am looking at booking another cruise would like to hear some recommendations for other ports that have zip lining.

Which zip did you do? We are going next winter and there are so many to pick from we don't know which one to choose!!!

Which zip did you do? We are going next winter and there are so many to pick from we don't know which one to choose!!!

http://www.ronystours.com/activities_rates.html#ss

if you scroll down on that link above it has the area for comparing the various ziplines. I found it amazing and it helped with our decision.

My question is-- how crowded are these so early in the morning?

I ziplined in Roatan thru South Shore Canopy and it was a blast. I picked it from reviews, the 13 lines and the fact that you could see the ocean while ziplining. Our friends watched from a station for free. You do go back and forth over the same area, but different platforms. My friend said she felt much safer on this as opposed to Jamaica. I went with a guide on some of the lines and did tricks.

The first time I ziplined in Jamaica thru Carnival (Chakkanab?). It was great. You zipline from platform to platform from one end all the way to the other. I thought they were a little safer than the above. No one got to do tricks but the employees. ;)

Just pick a reputable company and look at what it entails. (I was not interested in climbing a wall to get to zipline and I didn't want something small).

Have a great time!

We booked our zipline excursion through Island Marketing and it was fantastic! Probably one of the best excursions we have done. The guides were great, I have never laughed so hard as I did on this excursion, we had a blast. But now to find another place to zipline, Belize is out, we are trying to explore other ports and we have been to Belize. Not planning on going to St. Lucas but will see about Costa Rica.

I have to start this off by saying "I'm scared"!! But I am doing it! I have ziplining booked thru Victor Bodden - Roatan. Has anyone been thru this company? We are doing the zip-n-dip. I'd like to have all the details I can get. Can I wear flip flops or do I need to wear tennis shoes? Have you taken a camera with you? How do you slow down at the end of the line? Can you get stuck in the middle of the line?

Thanks for ANY info!:D

I have to start this off by saying "I'm scared"!! But I am doing it! I have ziplining booked thru Victor Bodden - Roatan. Has anyone been thru this company? We are doing the zip-n-dip. I'd like to have all the details I can get. Can I wear flip flops or do I need to wear tennis shoes? Have you taken a camera with you? How do you slow down at the end of the line? Can you get stuck in the middle of the line?

Thanks for ANY info!:D

I thought I would be scared also but I never was, I just loved it! I would wear closed toe shoes, this is what is recommended and one girl on our excursion wore flip flops and she slipped a couple of times on the steps going up to the patform and even ended up breaking a strap off her shoes. We took our camera but then ended up leaving it in the locer which was really stupid because we could of gotten pictures. We just ended up buying the copies that the guide took of us, I think it was 10 for them. As far as slwoing down, they will explained to you on how to use your back hand as a slowing device, you just tightened your grip but don't worry, the guides there are use to people flying in, I know on my last line I flew in pretty fast and the guide just laughed and asked me if I was having a good time. Just do it, like I said I enjoyed every second of it!

We have zip lined in the following ports:

Roatan

Jamaica

Cancun

Belize

Puerto Vallarta

Puerto Vallarta by far was the best!!!! We booked the Outdoor Adventure tour through Vallarta Adventures which included not only zip lining, but repelling, donkey rides, boat rides (saw whales), etc.... Quite the day!

http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/tours/outdoor-adventure

Have fun whereever you try it next!

We have zip lined in the following ports:

Roatan

Jamaica

Cancun

Belize

Puerto Vallarta

Puerto Vallarta by far was the best!!!! We booked the Outdoor Adventure tour through Vallarta Adventures which included not only zip lining, but repelling, donkey rides, boat rides (saw whales), etc.... Quite the day!

http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/tours/outdoor-adventure

Have fun whereever you try it next!

Where in Jamaica? For some reason my husband wants to go to Jamaica and I am not that excited to go.

vfb2girls - thanks for the help. I feel a little more sure of it. I'll pack my tennis shoes.

I know when I was afraid to parasail and finally did it, I was so excited after it was over that I wanted to do it again right then. lol

We were suppose to go para sailing in Cozumel but had to cancel since I was to sick to get off the ship that day. So that is why I really think I enjoyed the zip lining.

We did Canopy River Tours out of Puerto Vallarta. It was awesome. It is over a river canyon with heights over 600' off the bottom and several lines over a 1/4 mile in length. There are a few tough hikes, but just a few. Wife did Belize 2 cruises ago and stated the the practice lines at PV were like the main lines in Belize. Took a donkey ride from the canyon back to the top then a couple of margaritas at their little restaurant. They had some tequila tasting also. There were several people in the group that stated they had done many zip lines in different places and this was #1. Not sure if I can post pics from Face Book or not, I have some there.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150106341486261&set=a.10150103960286261.280506.568091260

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150106338046261&set=a.10150103960286261.280506.568091260

Well, if this works, I guess I can! :)

We booked through Chukka Carribean Adventures in Jamaica. Here is their link:

http://www.chukkacaribbean.com/jamaica.php

Have fun!

We will be in Ocho Rios in May and were thinking of booking the canopy tour through Carnival. Do you know if this is the same zipline they use? What was the time length of the excursion you took?

It has been a few years since we did this zipline and I do not remember for sure. You could contact Chukka and they would likely tell you whether they also are the operator for the cruise line tour and how long the exact tour takes.

Sorry I could not be of more help!

We did it in Belize and had a blast!!!!!!

So did I but when I got to the end point I asked where the stairs to go down were and was told I'd have to zip down. I couldn't get the brake to work so at top speed I went straight down--PLOP! Did you do this also?

It was great fun.

Archived