How long to tender?

rbrooks418

Hi, I'm arriving on Carnival Glory next Friday. Our ship is supposed to arrive at 9 am local time. I've set up a trip with Stingray Sailing that we are supposed to meet up with at 10:15. Do you think I will have any issues getting to the meeting place on time?

Thanks!

Randy

just got off the Glory, Sunday. The tender ride is less than 10 minutes. Do go to the lounge area early to get a low tender group number. It gets very crowded, so the earlier the better. Grand Cayman will be one hour behind ships time. Enjoy.

Hi, I'm arriving on Carnival Glory next Friday. Our ship is supposed to arrive at 9 am local time. I've set up a trip with Stingray Sailing that we are supposed to meet up with at 10:15. Do you think I will have any issues getting to the meeting place on time?

Thanks!

Randy

Absolutely not. Just went with Stingray Sailing last Thursday, Chip and Buster were great and were the highlight of our 7 day cruise...you will not be disappointed.

About tendering, the caper will have tendering info on the back for the day you are in Cayman. Be sure you note where to meet to get a tender number on the ship (ours was 5th floor midship at the future cruise desk). Be there 30 minutes early and they will give you a ticket to get on the tender. the actual process of tendering took about 15 minutes. Chip was waiting right at the gate and we went straight to his van. No problem. Just don't be lazy to get off the boat.

Kelley

Thank you so much for the responses! Sounds like I will have no problems as long as I get my tender tickets early. I'm excited about this excursion. I did a catamaran in Barbados two years ago with Cool Runnings and it was fantastic and the highlight of our Southern Caribbean cruise.

All these are great information regarding tendering service. Does this apply to Carnival Legend which I am on and will arrive on Grand Cayman in two weeks? I read that there are three cruise terminals. So, does anyone know which terminal we will be tender to? Thank you!

All these are great information regarding tendering service. Does this apply to Carnival Legend which I am on and will arrive on Grand Cayman in two weeks? I read that there are three cruise terminals. So, does anyone know which terminal we will be tender to? Thank you!

The tender drop off areas are all relatively close to each other.

The precise time of the tender will vary depending on where the ship is anchored. I have been to Cayman twice in the last 15 months. As others have said figure on the tender taking about 10 minutes from the time it leaves the ship and arrives at the tender drop off point.

Keith

FYI: I was on the Destiny recently...and they didn't do tendering tickets. Everyone just lined up a the steps and went. We were there 1/2 hour before "port" time listed, and were first in line. Don't know how packed it got for everyone else coming later.

Ask how your ship will coordinate tendering at the shore excursion desk onboard.

Peg

Archived