So I've got to ask what the big brown ugly thing

kittychick78

is that I see in most 'first' pics of rooms? I'm a newbie--I'm booked for my first cruise next January on the Glory and I'm already addicted...I LOVE reading reviews on here, especially the ones with pics...but in almost every review I see the pics of the rooms and they all have this big brown plastic-y looking thing on the beds--WHAT IS THAT? And what do you do with it???

Thanks! :)

is that I see in most 'first' pics of rooms? I'm a newbie--I'm booked for my first cruise next January on the Glory and I'm already addicted...I LOVE reading reviews on here, especially the ones with pics...but in almost every review I see the pics of the rooms and they all have this big brown plastic-y looking thing on the beds--WHAT IS THAT? And what do you do with it???

It's a luggage mat. Keeps the bed from getting dirty while unpacking. You roll it up and stick it under the bed when you're done with it.

It is for your luggage which after being all through the ship and piled on top of other luggage will be nasty and dirty. Keeps the duvet clean. After you unpack and when the cabin steward comes in the first night for turndown he will put it away.

Yes, it's to protect the bed when you put your luggage up to unpack. Afterwards the cabin steward removes it (or puts it away somewhere).

As most have already said, the ugly brown mat is to protect the bedding from your suitcase. They will be on all the beds at embarkation. Most people take cabin shots the first day ... imagine taking cabin shots after about day three! :eek:

Have fun on the Glory ... we are looking to book *ahhh, dream* the fall itinerary up into Canada and New England. Hopefully, sooner than later.

OK, that's hilarious! I wondered the VERY SAME THING when I started looking at cabin pics. Too funny! I eventually figured it out. lol

I thought it was a yoga/exercise mat or a slip and slide.

Its not long enough to be a slip and slide. I had one of those.

As to why I put it away as soon as I see it instead of waiting for the cabin steward to do it. I dont want to sit on it even or see it longer than I have to.

Friends.....you're looking at the ugly brown thing all wrong!!! I LOVE seing the UGLY thing cuz when I see it, I know I am about to unpack for an entire week, and will be having a BLAST!! :D

Momof4boys,

Me too! I love seein' that beautiful brown mat!

I have no clue where they stow it though because it always seems to disappear after we unpack. :confused:

Friends.....you're looking at the ugly brown thing all wrong!!! I LOVE seing the UGLY thing cuz when I see it, I know I am about to unpack for an entire week, and will be having a BLAST!! :D

Momof4boys,

Me too! I love seein' that beautiful brown mat!

I have no clue where they stow it though because it always seems to disappear after we unpack. :confused:

I bet you two don't like seeing it on the last day of the cruise. That means you have to pack and go home.:D

Archived