Cabo San Lucas & Puerto Vallarta, Gay friendly?

CrusingJoe

Hey CruisingJoe - my ex and I will be on the same cruise. When we get to PV he will be the first off the ship to the Blue Chairs resort. Me...I just go for the boat ride! We should meet up...!

Hey CruisingJoe - my ex and I will be on the same cruise. When we get to PV he will be the first off the ship to the Blue Chairs resort. Me...I just go for the boat ride! We should meet up...!

There should be a GLBT scheduled on our ship. I will have to look for it on the bulettin board or in the Princess Patter. The first two day are sea days so there should be something scheduled. In the past the GLBT/FOD is at the Oasis Bar on deck 16, or Outriggers Bar deck 14.

Joe

Edited by CrusingJoe

PV from what I could tell on my stop there a few years ago is pretty darn gay friendly. You've already been directed to the most popular resort, Blue Chairs. But PV also has some pretty good shopping downtown and on the whole seemed like a place I could return to just on regular vacation.

Personally I wasn't very impressed with Cabo, atleast the port area. But again that was one stop on a cruise a few years ago.

I've been to PV many times - land vacation as well as cruises and PV is a fairly major gay destination for the last several years. Several all gay hotels, gay beach and numerous gay bars and clubs. Unless you plan to do a ship's tours the only thing to do in PV that is gay is the beach. That's where you'll find the men. Anyway...once you arrive in PV just get a taxi and tell him you want to go the Blue Chairs. It's about a 30 minute cab ride. Once you arrive at the Blue chairs you will see a restaurant right at the beach and the Blue Chairs hotel right across the street. The Green Chairs are right next door to the Blue Chairs on the beach. I prefer the Green Chairs. They are separate beach concession vendors. Chairs, umbrellas, and waiters service are available at both location right on the beach as well a many local vendor selling their goods up and down the beach. The Blue chairs gay resort is open to the public and has it's famous roof top bar and oceans views. Just take the elevator to the roof top floor. From the beach you can walk up to the Oltas Altas street. They you'll find many restaurants, bars, shops, etc. Some are gay owed and most if not all are very gay friendly. Just Google gay Puerto Vallarta and there are several websites that will give you maps and places to go. Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship in time as traffic can be heavy.

Cabo...there isn't much gay life there. You can hang around the Marina, walk over to a modern shopping mall or just walk into town and look around.

have been to Vallarta at least 6 times. Its the Key West of Mexico!

Except when you get off the ship you will never know it.

Take a taxi as soon as you disembark and tell them either old town or blue chairs area. It is not walking distance.

dave

Hi bdjam, what time is your dinning? We are late. Maybe we should try to get the same table? Let me know.

Our gay group just got back from a cruise including both ports.

We heard a lot of negatives about the Blue Chairs so avoided it... most of us had seen it before, and we were not going to be there in the evening for the show anyway.

My group does an annual cruise, and far and away the best shore excursion we have ever done was in Puerto Vallarta, organized by GoGay Puerto Vallarta: http://www.gogaypuertovallarta.com/ Half of us did a beach party and half did a canopy zipline excursion, and everyone came back just raving about the experience! A highlight of the cruise that set a perfect tone, and at very fair prices.

Andrew and his partner are experienced, capable, friendly, and accomodating, and they are personally involved in every step. We've had some disappointments in years past, but these guys are professional and we would consider the next cruise back to PV just to let them take care of us for the day.

You will not be disappointed if you contact them to insure a good time in Puerto Vallarta. :)

Going on the Sapphire Princess April 30, 2011, spending 2 day and 1 over night in Cabo and 1 day in PV and wanted to know if anyone knows of any gay/gay friendly place to visit? What should I do!

My better half and I just had a great time in both ports! We were in Puerto Vallarta for 2 days and Cabo San Lucas for one.

Our first day in Puerto Vallarta was really awesome. We went out with a gay & lesbian tour company called Diana's Tours. Diana takes you out on a catamaran to Los Arcos (some people snorkeled) and to Las Animas Beach (beyond road service). The trip includes all meals and drinks and Diana and her team provide outstanding service. We finished out the day at Blue Chairs and she even gave us a drink coupon. Here's our little video of the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5jhncefCT8

For our second day in Puerto Vallarta and our day in Cabo, my girl and I ventured out on our own and found everyone to be lovely.

On Day 2 in Puerto Vallarta, we walked along the cobble-stone streets, admired the sand sculptures and art work, shopped for Huichol art at the Peyote People co-op, ate amazing seafood enchiladas at Agave Grill, and tasted fine tequilas.

In Cabo San Lucas, the two of us took a 15 minute cab ride ($25 USD) to the Cabo Dreams Resort for the day. We had contacted the concierge before we left on our cruise and he told us that an all-inclusive pass was available. We spent the day watching the waves crash and the whales splash under a palapa. The food and drinks were good and the views were amazing, especially $59 per person.

Videos:

Ports of Call: Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, San Diego - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIpRIr75hf4

Whales, Whales, Whales -

Photos:

Diana's Tours (Puerto Vallarta): http://www.flickr.com/photos/pierham/sets/72157626423255862/show/

Puerto Vallarta: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pierham/sets/72157626297864407/show/

Cabo San Lucas - Whales, Arches & Dreams Resort: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pierham/sets/72157626298601341/show/

• 4 months later...

We 'd certainly recommend taking the taxi from the ship to the far end of PV to Blue Chairs. We were there on NCL Star a few tears ago.....you rent a couple of blue chairs on the beach, order some drinks and enjoy all the beautiful views!!

• 7 years later...