Anyone had their luggage taken to airport by cruise line?

Has anyone tried the program where the cruise line takes your luggage to the airport and checks it in for you? We thought about doing this on our most recent cruise but hesitated thinking there might be a problem. What has been your experience? We have another cruise scheduled and may try this if responce is positive. Thanks.

I have been told ( I haven't done it....yet) that it is US$20 per person to cover ticketing (you get your boarding passes as well!)

Correct, I remember it being $20 pp.

I guess we can't feel too badly about the tourney with how it all turned out.

I wish Southwest participated :( cause I would do it in a heartbeat!!!

We used the Luggage Valet service for our February Navigator of the Seas cruise and Southwest definitely participated because we flew Southwest (out of FLL). It was a very simple, positive experience. One that we would definitely repeat in the future. A nice perk of the program is that you can depart at your own leisure because you are essentially doing self-disembark but without having to lug your bags everywhere (i.e. we could take the stairs instead of having to wait forever for an elevator.) It was well worth the money to us!

Correct, I remember it being $20 pp.

I guess we can't feel too badly about the tourney with how it all turned out.[/quote]

1. The one that beat Duke (whoever beats Duke:D)

2. Butler - Living in Indy they're slowly converting me. Go Dawgs

3. Syracuse:(... there is always next year:rolleyes:

We did Luggage Valet last year in Seattle and it was FANTASTIC! It's $20 per person and that includes them printing your boarding pass and delivering your luggage to the airline to get checked on the plane. From the time we put our luggage out the last night, we didn't see it till we got to our home airport. Our flight wasn't until 10:30pm so we were able to see Seattle without hauling luggage everywhere. Keep in mind, they will charge you for the airline bag fees, if/as applicable.

Erika

We used it off the Allure on March 5 ot 6th. Flew Southwest from FLL to BUF. $20 per person. Well worth it. The airport was back up like crazy. We were able to walk right through to security. The ship did check in for us and provided our boarding passes.

Luggage Valet was the best $20 I ever spent. Unfortunately, RCCL discontinued the service in San Juan. I sincerely hope they bring it back.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Thats where I'm going!! Anyone have any Idea "who" discontinued it? I have heard it is very airline, airport security dependent... if the airline and airport dosent support it, RCCL has no choice. Who do I write to ???

We used luggage valet oue last 2 RCL trips. Well worth the $20.00. ea person. Put bags out night before after getting the airlines luggage tags and your boarding pass and then pick the bags up at your destination.

randr5153

We used it in Miami and it was great. One thing to watch, however....if you are eligible for free baggage (waiver of fees) be SURE to talk to Guest Services about it and show proof if you can. RCI charges the baggage fees at the same time it charges for the luggage valet service. We went back down to Guest Services to have it taken off and they said it had to be done by the airline at the airport. Once we got to the airport they said it had to be done at the time the valet service is booked, i.e., on the ship! I guess we could have disputed it on our credit card but it didn't seem worth the trouble for the small fee. Just something to be aware of....I guess not too many people are eligible for baggage fee waivers these days!

Has anyone tried the program where the cruise line takes your luggage to the airport and checks it in for you? We thought about doing this on our most recent cruise but hesitated thinking there might be a problem. What has been your experience? We have another cruise scheduled and may try this if responce is positive. Thanks.

My parents just did this when they were on the Jewel. They flew US Air and everything went fine. They were happy they paid the extra for the service.

Archived