muster/sailaway? help please

greendragon133

Hi everyone,

Could use a little help. I'm getting married on board the Ruby. I'm attempting to write an email to my 15 guests about where and when we should all meet on embarkation day, but I'm finding it hard to get the approximate times of the muster and sail away. Could anyone help with times or what usually occurs?

It's the Ruby Princess, leaving April 9th from Fort Lauderdale. Any info would be appreciated

Hi everyone,

Could use a little help. I'm getting married on board the Ruby. I'm attempting to write an email to my 15 guests about where and when we should all meet on embarkation day, but I'm finding it hard to get the approximate times of the muster and sail away. Could anyone help with times or what usually occurs?

It's the Ruby Princess, leaving April 9th from Fort Lauderdale. Any info would be appreciated

Muster is usually held about 30 minutes before sail-away. It doesn't take very long. If your cabins are all next to each other you may be at the same muster station. A good place to meet after you board will be one of the lounges or Horizon Court aft.

The ship cannot leave before the muster is complete. Then the ship waits for permission from the harbor master to leave. Most of the time, the ship will leave at the time specified on your itinerary. Ocassionally, it may be a bit earlier, or later. But it doesn't very by much. Plan your get together in a bar or public area after the muster drill and you will all be there to celebrate the sailaway. Congratulations and best wishes on your marriage. Our daughter is getting married in Sept. This is an exciting time for you and your beloved. Have a great cruise! ;)

before the ship sales. Make sure all in your party know this. This is due to Homeland Security. All of your party will be on board. There will be a Muster Drill. Then choose a place for all of you to meet, like the Horizon Court Aft after the Muster drill. It will work out perfectly. Take a deep breath, and exhale slowly. Smile!

Perhaps you could consider meeting on the deck for a few photos during sailaway after the Muster Drill. There are a lot of good vantage points and I am sure you will find someone happy to take a mass photo..

All of the above is good advice with the exception of the drill must be completed before you sail. Princess does this, but technically they have 24 hours from sailing to complete the muster drill.

The ship cannot leave before the muster is complete. Then the ship waits for permission from the harbor master to leave. Most of the time, the ship will leave at the time specified on your itinerary. Ocassionally, it may be a bit earlier, or later. But it doesn't very by much. Plan your get together in a bar or public area after the muster drill and you will all be there to celebrate the sailaway. Congratulations and best wishes on your marriage. Our daughter is getting married in Sept. This is an exciting time for you and your beloved. Have a great cruise! ;)
This is incorrect muster can be held up to 24 hrs after sail away.

Hi everyone,

This Wednesday my brother and wife left on the Golden Princess. Emergency drill alarms sounded at 3:15P and the instruction and announcements began at 3:30. It was concluded by 3:45 and the ship sailed just after 4:00PM when music started up around the pool area. This is pretty standard timing from other cruises I been on. Since the Ruby departs at 5PM then I would assume the muster drill would start at 4:15PM and concluded by 4:45PM. I would tell everyone once they put their life jacket back in their cabin just to head up the Lido Deck and meet at one of the bars.

Everybody must be on board at least 90 minutes before the scheduled sailing time - if your schedule says 5 pm, everybody must be on board by 3 or 3.30. I would aim for 4 pm for the first short meeting.

Muster drill is closer to the scheduled boarding time, usually before the ship sails, but may be shortly after. It takes 20-30 minutes, depends on the ship.

Do you all have dinner at the same time? This would be a good time, too.

First, congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I, too, am a Princess bride. Second, relax.... really, just relax. This will all come together and you will all find each other.

Muster is usually scheduled between 45 and 30 minutes before sailaway. Everyone should be on board before muster. In the past, we have always planned on meeting friends immediately after muster drill (i.e. at sailaway), as there has to be a muster drill, and Princess WILL hold it before you sail.

I suggest not meeting on LIDO midships, as that is where the big sailaway party will be. The aft bar, behind Horizon court is a great place, and if the weather isn't perfect you can always duck right inside the Horizon court.

Also, take a look at the deck plans for Ruby. You will see the Adagio lounge aft, on Deck 16(? - I think that's it). Just aft of the Adagio is an outdoor piazza which is also lovely and will provide great views at sailaway.

Hopefully you have a list of everyone's cabin numbers. The phones on board have voicemail, so although it might take a few minutes to leave messages on every single phone for people in your group, during the duration of the cruise you can use this to communicate. In addition, there is a mail box outside of every stateroom - you can drop a note in, or slide one under each door.

Finally, on Deck 5 - Plaza - midships - is the Piazza with the International Cafe, Vines wine bar and the internet cafe. No one is usually occupying Vines until after 5 in the evening, so that is a place where you could have everyone gather over the course of the cruise...and carryon from there.

Again, congratulations, every happiness, and above all relax and enjoy this. All will be well.:)

Ginger

Archived