Carnival Dream Western- Review with Pictures

Will&Hel

Thanks for an awesome review Will! Especially appreciated the info about Xanatunich. I'm always checking out the Dream and doing an excursion with Mayan ruins so this was good info.

By the way--Kings Speech--for me, all about Colin Firth!!

Karen

Thanks for an awesome review Will! Especially appreciated the info about Xanatunich. I'm always checking out the Dream and doing an excursion with Mayan ruins so this was good info.

By the way--Kings Speech--for me, all about Colin Firth!!

Karen

Was he in it?

Thank you, Thank you... We leave on July 9th on the same cruise. I was just talking to my hubby this AM about what excursions we wanted to do.. I know we will contact Victor Bodden and I am thinking the Mayan ruins in Belize too... We tens to do way more research before making up our minds.. I love heard personal experience from others to help us out. Your trip sounded amazing. I hope in July we have nice weather and not to many kids to run amuck...

Thank you, Thank you... We leave on July 9th on the same cruise. I was just talking to my hubby this AM about what excursions we wanted to do.. I know we will contact Victor Bodden and I am thinking the Mayan ruins in Belize too... We tens to do way more research before making up our minds.. I love heard personal experience from others to help us out. Your trip sounded amazing. I hope in July we have nice weather and not to many kids to run amuck...

My pleasure- any questions all too happy to help - here's another pic to help - my DW filming me from the beach as we sail off to the reef for snorkelling the 2nd largest reef after the Great Barrier reef. The snorkelling was arrange through Andrew, Victors guide, $20 each including gear

web.jpg?ver=13009000460001

So jealous

Thanks for the tip on Key West hotel, we fell in love with Key West on our recent cruise and the Duval looks a great place to stay - have put it in our file of places to remember

Where were the people on the ship, your pictures don't have many in them - maybe we need to cruise this time of year

So jealous

Thanks for the tip on Key West hotel, we fell in love with Key West on our recent cruise and the Duval looks a great place to stay - have put it in our file of places to remember

Where were the people on the ship, your pictures don't have many in them - maybe we need to cruise this time of year

Duval Inn was brilliant as for the people there was just the two of us:rolleyes:

Fantastic review, best i've read on CC, hell i'll even forgive you from being from Wiltshire ;) (big Tranmere fan :D)

We're on the 13th May Cruise too and have booked Nachi Cocom @ Cozumel Cave Tubing in Belize but not done anything about Roatan or Costa Maya, we like action, anymore recommendations.

Thanks

Fantastic review, best i've read on CC, hell i'll even forgive you from being from Wiltshire ;) (big Tranmere fan :D)

We're on the 13th May Cruise too and have booked Nachi Cocom @ Cozumel Cave Tubing in Belize but not done anything about Roatan or Costa Maya, we like action, anymore recommendations.

Thanks

I'd check out Victor Bodden- we had quite a sedate beach and reef snorkel day but he does do other stuff.

http://www.boddentours.com/index.htm

Can't help with Costa maya I'm afraid

By the way live in Wiltshire but from Yorkshire:D

Hey, Will! What a great review. Your pictures are awesome. I enjoyed meeting you and the others at the cocktail party. I hope our paths will cross again some day, perhaps on another cruise. Hugs!

Need help please. MIL & FIL are celebrating 60th anniversary onboard in 3 weeks. SIL has asked me to assist with making a door decoration for them. I have two questions.

1. Do you know the width of the cabin doors on CCL Dream?

2. What are the doors made out of. Have read some previous threads that said magnets did not work, and that the doors are fabric(?). Can you please help?

A big Thankyou

Thanks there are 1000 more photos :eek:

You'll love it have a great cruise- if you want a quiet drink found this bar on last day:

web.jpg?ver=13009519480001

Rendevouz Club Lounge on Deck 4 across from the Library

Thanks for the tip! I'm adding it to my extensive list that I've put together over the past 3 months. Although Carnival is the "party" boat, we really appreciate some quality quiet time--even on vacation.

What a fantastic review and pictorial!

I did the same tour in Belize that you did in 06 and it was an unforgettable journey for my family and I. My kids still talk about that day.

Incidentally, it rained while we were on the ruins with gusty wind, and our entire party of 6 went down those slippery limestone steps on our bums as well! Although during that portion I was scared beyond belief, terrified for my kids, (thoughts of us all rolling down to our deaths),:eek: I still wouldn't trade that experience.

Thanks for a great review:)

Great review and pics--thanks very much.

We had Bodden and x. Tour in Belize. We go Jan. 7, 2012 which is too long!

For costa Maya we booked beach break at mahahual thru island marketing which is same thing the cruise ships get, bit our kids are free--with carnival they are $75 a head!

Need help please. MIL & FIL are celebrating 60th anniversary onboard in 3 weeks. SIL has asked me to assist with making a door decoration for them. I have two questions.

1. Do you know the width of the cabin doors on CCL Dream?

2. What are the doors made out of. Have read some previous threads that said magnets did not work, and that the doors are fabric(?). Can you please help?

A big Thankyou

Sorry can't help but try Search for "Decorating Doors"

This one came up and many others or post Host Mach the question

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1357224&highlight=decorating+doors

Hey, Will! What a great review. Your pictures are awesome. I enjoyed meeting you and the others at the cocktail party. I hope our paths will cross again some day, perhaps on another cruise. Hugs!

thanks Teresa

Archived