PR: Crown Princess to Debut Line's First Roundtrip Caribbean Sailings from New York

Coral

[quote name='beckers']Yes that's what I found also, however I do not have pricing in my system to price any cruises yet.:eek:[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm anxiously awaiting. I figure from NY they will charge about $1800pp range for a mini suite. I'm also curious to see the port times. An overnight in Bermuda would be awesome.

Bill

[quote name='Laurab23']I'm thinking from NY the price will be quite steep. NY's port charges are very high which is what ups the price. Good ole'NY.Why did I live in New York State?

Laura[/QUOTE]

We cruised out of NYC on the old Pacific Princess to Bermuda in 2001. The price for a prominade deck cabin was $3,000 for 2. These cabins didn't even have balconies. So I figure the Crown Princess prices will be much higher, than if it originated in FLL.

Minette

Just for fun I checked INSIDE rates at online booking websites for our upcoming 8 night Carnival cruise from NYC... We paid $1150 pp for an inside when we booked in Sept.; as of today the price for cheapest inside category is an average of $1430 pp.

Therefore if Princess offers a mini-suite for approx. $1800 pp. that's a pretty good deal especially since that cruise is also 2 nights longer.

Well, lets keep our fingers crossed that when April 1st rolls around we don't all suffer from "sticker shock" :D

[quote name='herb']that's not bad! Right now an INSIDE on Carnival Legend 8 nite goes for about 1300 pp.[/QUOTE]

I was just guessing, or should I say hoping it was around $1800. I guess I should be thinking over 2K.

That's why I sometimes rather fly to Florida and board then have a 90 minute ride to NY. I can usually save money by flying down. Oh well!

I don't think the orders of the ports have been announced yet or even if they'll be the same week to week. If they plan on being in Bermuda on the weekend and the cruise leaves a different day of the week for each cruise???? :confused:

Bill

ughh! I was also basing my guess on a 7 day cruise when in fact it is a 9 day cruise. I guess the deposit amount is highre also on a longer cruise????

As a previous poster said i better get ready for sticker shock!! If this cruise is as popular as it seems it's going to be the prices will only go up once they go on sale.

Bill

I still have a funny feeling that these cruises will only happen from April -Oct of 2006 and then that's that. They are not making it sound as if this will be the itinerary for every April - October from now on.
Hopefully I'll be mistaken.

I can't imagine that Princess will use the Crown to sail from NYC in the winter. For the first and last few days of the cruise the pools would be useless as would MUTS. If they plan on using NYC in the winter and want a Grand class ship they might be smarter to sail the Star or Golden from NYC so that there is a covered pool that pax could use on the cold days. What do you guys think? I am guessing that they will move this ship to Fort Lauderdale in the winder months and maybe more the Star up to NYC if they use that port at all in the winter.

[quote name='TorontoTL']I can't imagine that Princess will use the Crown to sail from NYC in the winter. For the first and last few days of the cruise the pools would be useless as would MUTS. If they plan on using NYC in the winter and want a Grand class ship they might be smarter to sail the Star or Golden from NYC so that there is a covered pool that pax could use on the cold days. What do you guys think? I am guessing that they will move this ship to Fort Lauderdale in the winder months and maybe more the Star up to NYC if they use that port at all in the winter.[/QUOTE]

I also think they'll move the ship to FLL in the winter, but I don't think Princess will replace the ship in NYC.

Now if the Crown moves to FLL, what itinerary do you think she'll do?

Minette

[quote name='herb']

Therefore if Princess offers a mini-suite for approx. $1800 pp. that's a pretty good deal especially since that cruise is also 2 nights longer.

[/QUOTE]

The cruise is one night longer (9 day cruises) RCI Voyager out of Bayonne is extremely high. During July thru mid August their 9 day cruise for lowest inside is about 1,760 - 1,860 and their lowest balcony category is 2,250 - 2,325. Very hard to swallow:(

[quote name='roe2ship']The cruise is one night longer (9 day cruises) RCI Voyager out of Bayonne is extremely high. During July thru mid August their 9 day cruise for lowest inside is about 1,760 - 1,860 and their lowest balcony category is 2,250 - 2,325. Very hard to swallow:([/QUOTE]

I don't know if I'm ready to part with that kind of money. I was paying $1450pp this year for a mini suite including air on HAL July 23. That's quite a bit more pp just for an balcony cabin, plus I'd have to pay $24 a day to park my car for 9 days. I'll have to curb my enthusiam until the actual prices come out.

Bill

[quote name='S.S.Oceanlover']I don't know if I'm ready to part with that kind of money. I was paying $1450pp this year for a mini suite including air on HAL July 23. That's quite a bit more pp just for an balcony cabin, plus I'd have to pay $24 a day to park my car for 9 days. I'll have to curb my enthusiam until the actual prices come out.

Bill[/QUOTE]
Yes indeed. Overall, RCI prices are higher than Princess, but I have a strong feeling that the Crown Princess prices will also be steep. Cruises like everything else in New York and New Jersey........very expensive.

[quote name='herb']Just for fun I checked INSIDE rates at online booking websites for our upcoming 8 night Carnival cruise from NYC... We paid $1150 pp for an inside when we booked in Sept.; as of today the price for cheapest inside category is an average of $1430 pp.

Well, lets keep our fingers crossed that when April 1st rolls around we don't all suffer from "sticker shock" :D[/QUOTE]

I just did a quick pricing on Carnival.com. The cheapest inside cabin for June 14, 2005 on the Legend is $999. $1400 will get you a balcony.

The Princess cruise will be exactly one year later. Although I am sure it will be more expensive (being a premium cruise line and 1 day longer) However, I'm sure that for the same exact date, one year later, it's not going to be as bad as some are predicting. Wishful thinking....

I just checked too. You are correct for the 6/14 legend. Here in Philly school is still in session until the 16th. The 6/22 Legend cruise is $250 pp more for a balcony. Princess is priced comparibly to CCL so that's a plus.

Next year the CCL Legend should be up there, along with NCL Dawn, and I think another NCL ship next year, along with the Crown so like another poster said the competion will hopefully keep the prices in check.

Do inaugarul cruises bring in premium prices? Personally I'd rather wait a fewm sailings so the kinks can be worked out but a lot of people like them.

Bill

Hi,
As many of us, living in NE, I can't wait for Crown to sail from NY. Due to such an interest to this news, I bet the prices will start from $150 p.p. per day for inside. We will be going this coming September from Boston on Jewel Of the Sea to Bermuda and Caribbean on 10 days cruise, paying $130 p.p. per day for inside room. I guess we will know soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='S.S.Oceanlover']It is probably an Eastern that week. Looks like Western cruises will be :
6/23
7/2
7/29
8/25
9/30
Bill[/QUOTE]

Inaugural cruise 6/14/06 is Western; 6/23 is 1st Eastern. This per future cruises lady on Star Princess week b4 last. We plan to be on that 6/23 cruise, celebrate anniversary in Bermuda!

Archived