Carnival Hashbrown Question

lnhoney

I know this is silly but when we went on our first cruise four years ago I was really looking forward to breakfast with hashbrowns every day. It was kind of a let down when I discovered they serve those round, deep fried, hockey puck size patties.:( We're going again in May and I am wondering if they started serving fresh made hashbrowns as opposed to the deep fried? Not expecting any but would be a nice treat.:)

I think they still serve the hocky pucks..at least on the Lido Deck buffet. I've never actually ordered the hashbrowns in the dining room, always get the Eggs Benedict....

we will be on the triumph the 14-21 of may...if I am cruising before you I will try to remember to let you know!

Sundsgn

We were soooo disappointed to find that Carnival had switched to the hockey puck hashbrowns sometime after our '99 cruise and that's what they served us on our '01 cruise. We haven't been on a Carnival cruise since then, but are giving them another try later this year. This is the first time I've heard anyone else discuss this one little change, but going the fast food route says volumes about the lowering standards of cruiselines.

• 13 years later...

We just got off Carnival Breeze on July 29, 2018. I usually hate the hash browns that are flat, like all the fast food places. They still had the flat hash browns on our cruise. I thought, “oh no” I hate these things. But, they were yummy to me and had an onion flavor to them. Not bland like at fast food restaurants. I’m wondering where I can buy them now.

• 6 months later...
On 8/8/2018 at 5:22 PM, comalqueen said:

We just got off Carnival Breeze on July 29, 2018. I usually hate the hash browns that are flat, like all the fast food places. They still had the flat hash browns on our cruise. I thought, “oh no” I hate these things. But, they were yummy to me and had an onion flavor to them. Not bland like at fast food restaurants. I’m wondering where I can buy them now.

I like Hockey Pucks... 😉

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2005 at 1:18 AM, sandytoesrose said:

We were soooo disappointed to find that Carnival had switched to the hockey puck hashbrowns sometime after our '99 cruise and that's what they served us on our '01 cruise. We haven't been on a Carnival cruise since then, but are giving them another try later this year. This is the first time I've heard anyone else discuss this one little change, but going the fast food route says volumes about the lowering standards of cruiselines.

Booking cruises on cheap mass market cruise lines and worrying about the quality of something as plebian as hash browns says volumes about the low standards of people.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...