Laundry on POA?

I was wondering if there is laundry service on the Pride Of America? We will be leaving in 5 weeks and I am beginning to put together my packing list. Since we will be gone for a total of 12 days I am sure we will be wanting to do some laundry - and I am not a fan of doing my own on vacation, especially when the itinerary is as port intensive as ours. Suggestions? How much does it cost? If all else fails, does the POA have self service laundry rooms?

Hi Sunny

No self serve laundry anymore, sorry. And I think they were charging $5.00 for one pair of pants to be cleaned!

I can tell you we were gone for 11 days and I packed for 11 days but came home with quite a bit of clothes never worn!

Everything is so casual on the ship and the Islands. I rewore the same outfit for dinner 4 times as I was only in it for a few hours and did not spill on myself so why not! Plus we ate at four different places so who knew!

It is cool on the ship so I wore a light sweater each night with a cute blouse and capris. One night I wore a sundress.

I saw alot of women in what I would consider a swim suit coverup as their attire for dinner in the main dinning rooms

My husband wore the same kahakis each night with a Hawaiian shirt and was often over dressed. Plus I am real surprised he did not spill on his self as he usually does!

Yes there was a small group in sports coats and glitter dresses but that is not us so that is why we like NCL

On the islands we just wore shorts and tank tops or our swim suits.

We stayed our last night at Turtle Bay so I figured we needed to dress better but it was not the case, we were over dressed and all I had on was a skirt and blouse and my husband in dress shorts and a Hawaiian shirt!

Thank you, McMommy. Your advice is especially useful because we are staying at Turtle Bay Resort 3 nights precruise. We will be at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach one night post cruise. I will plan to do as you did and rewear clothes. I have done that on many cruises and it has worked well, so this will be no exception. However, I did take advantage of RCI's laundry service on a 10 night cruise once. It made it easy not to have to pack as much. Their service wasn't that expensive, though!:eek:

Archived