Help finding Ginger Trips

brcris75

I wanted to get some Ginger Trips (heard about them on here, along with soooo much other great information!) but can't find them. Does anyone know where I might get some? I can get capsules at Walmart here, and will if it's all I can find, but would like to have the chewables for my 8 yr old. I figured my best bet to find them was through these posts!

Thanks so much!

Robbie

Robbie -- I found the ginger capsules at my local health food store -- 100 550mg capsules were $8.49. They did have the chewables, but she wasn't sure how they tasted, so I opted for the capsules, since swallowing them isn't a problem. So.....try your local health food store -- they should have them (I think that they even had a liquid form of the ginger).....

I found the capsules at our local health food store. I'm not a great pill swallower so I bought "crystalized ginger." It was with the dried fruit and looked sugar coated so I got some. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!:eek: That's the worst thing I've ever eaten in my life! Sure, it was sugar coated on the outside....but trust me, ginger is not sweet!

I hear you LAURARN....I found a recipe once for cheesecake that had crystallized ginger in it. I spent the better part of a afternoon making this and my mouth was watering. I bit into a good size hunk of the ginger.....it tasted like I had a mouthfull of black pepper! It is very spicy and hot. However, my mom has vertigo and when it flares up, she always eats that stuff because she says it works faster than the capsules. Kids eat the darndest things....maybe a child would like it?

Alright, I hate to be a dumb newbie, but what is the ginger for? I have several Aunties from England and grew up eating crystalized ginger - I love it! Anyway, is it a natural seasickness remedy? I'd really rather not take bonine or dramamine. I don't want to sleep away my short cruise!

Thanks!

D

Alright, I hate to be a dumb newbie, but what is the ginger for? I have several Aunties from England and grew up eating crystalized ginger - I love it! Anyway, is it a natural seasickness remedy? I'd really rather not take bonine or dramamine. I don't want to sleep away my short cruise!

Thanks!

D

Yes, ginger is a natural anti-nausea remedy... works great!!

Is the crystalized ginger just hot or does it have a nasty taste as well? Guess it would be kind of a personal taste thing anyway. My 8 year old loves hot foods and goes through hot sauce like you wouldn't believe. Puts it on everything! So he might like it!

Do you think the ginger altoids actually have enough ginger in them to help prevent sickness, or more just an artificial flavoring?

I'm going to go ahead and get some of the capsules to have on hand just in case.

Robbie

Please clarify, if you use ginger capsules, etc., do you not need to use any other kind of seasickness medicine at all? :confused: Trying to prepare! :eek: Thanks everybody!:D

I never have... I use ginger and ginger alone. Not sure if I WOULD get seasick, but I know I am prone to it and have been many times when younger... since then, anytime I think I MIGHT get nauseated, I take ginger... works like a charm! If you are worried, know that they have bonine on the ship, just in case...

Is the crystalized ginger just hot or does it have a nasty taste as well?

Guess it would be kind of a personal taste thing anyway.

It's an acquired taste. Personally, I'm with GoinCruisin regarding pickled ginger. I buy it at the local Japanese grocery in quarter pound tubs.

Do you think the ginger altoids actually have enough ginger in them to help prevent sickness, or more just an artificial flavoring?

Pregnant women take them for nausea, and "Oil of Ginger" is the second ingredient (after sugar).

These are strong. Curiously strong :p

IKEA has "Anna's Ginger Biscuits", these are actually thin crackers, a good ginger bite without being overpowering. Nothing like the mass-manufacture "ginger snaps".

Lastly, Jamaican ginger ale. The good stuff is so strong I find it difficult to finish a bottle in a single sitting.

Just a comment...I bought the Ginger Trips and took the jar with me on my last cruise. I did get naseous even though taking Bonine. So I thought I would open the jar of ginger. Well...the smell and taste of the tablets was awful and I could not swallow the tablet. Very, very strong. I am not saying the Ginger Trips did not work because I could not swallow the tablet. Good luck. P.S. The nausea did not and would not stop me from cruising again!!

Just a comment...I bought the Ginger Trips and took the jar with me on my last cruise. I did get naseous even though taking Bonine. So I thought I would open the jar of ginger. Well...the smell and taste of the tablets was awful and I could not swallow the tablet. Very, very strong. I am not saying the Ginger Trips did not work because I could not swallow the tablet. Good luck. P.S. The nausea did not and would not stop me from cruising again!!

Try regular ginger capsules... there is no smell, no taste...

Think I will just stick to the capsules. No smell or taste! :) We live in a rural area with no health food or specialty stores so would be hard to find them anyway. We're lucky to have good old Walmart! It's nice to know the ginger works. I have a high sensitivity to most meds and avoid anything that isn't absolutely a must. Knew I could count on you all for help!!!!

Thanks again!!

Archived