San Diego docking

cheapskate2

Good morning folks

Could someone please advise me where HAL usually docks in San Diego? Is it Bayside just up from Anthonys Fish Grotto? We have senior friends who live in Carlsbad and would love to meet up with them if we docked in a convenience location. Thanks.

Good morning folks

Could someone please advise me where HAL usually docks in San Diego? Is it Bayside just up from Anthonys Fish Grotto? We have senior friends who live in Carlsbad and would love to meet up with them if we docked in a convenience location. Thanks.

Good morning folks

Good morning folks

The dock/terminal is right next to Anthony's.

Joanie

Good morning folks

800px-B-street-terminal.jpg

You're looking at San Diego's B-Street Cruise Terminal with the Carnival ship (right) having the prime position (it has an 'airport-style' sky bridge) on the north side of the terminal, and the Celebrity ship (center) having the secondary position on the south side of the building. The third ship (poss. NCL) is berthed at a temp. location. Anthony's Fish Grotto is just out of the picture, to the right.

Since 18 DEC 2010, after an upgrade including a new terminal building called the 'Port Pavilion', the Broadway Pier, adjacent the USS Midway carrier/museum, is now also being used as a cruise ship berth in San Diego, giving the port three full-time large cruise ship berths

DSC_3589_FIXED.jpg

HAL's Rotterdam using the Broadway Pier and it's new Port Pavilion for the first time on 22 DEC 10

The new terminal is just for overflow when the two main berths are being used. It's also designed for other public functions. It's a really small and tight dock. (compared to the main dock)

We went downtown yesterday to enjoy the hubbub of three ships in -- The Zaandam, Infinity and Carnival Spirit -- Sailed'em all! :)

Cheapskate 2: You might suggest that your Carlsbad friends take the Coaster train to San Diego. The Santa Fe Depot in San Diego is about two blocks from the San Diego Cruise Ship Terminal.

Copper10-8: your customary great pictures! Semper fi.

Cheapskate 2: You might suggest that your Carlsbad friends take the Coaster train to San Diego. The Santa Fe Depot in San Diego is about two blocks from the San Diego Cruise Ship Terminal.

Semper Fi Sir!

That is an excellent idea -- especially if they're not used to downtown driving and it gets crazy there with even with only one ship in.

Thanks to everyone who replied. When we last stayed in San Diego at the Holiday Inn, it was exciting to wake up in the morning to see several cruise liners had come in overnight - which is why I asked if HAL might use that docking. Our friends in Carlsbad are America and know SD well. We have used the Coaster ourselves and know how relaxing it is compared with fighting in traffic!

LOL~~I thought we were the only ones who did this ! :D

Pat

We do it a lot --- We run in to people sometimes. On Sunday we saw the captain of the Carnival Spirit returning from another assignment. He stopped and spoke to us for a few minutes. We had meet him a couple of times when we were on the Spirit in October. He remembered us - it was pretty cool! :D

Archived