Oasis-Just Returned, ask me

Our family just returned from Oasis and I'm happy to answer any questions you have. Thanks to CC I "cut and pasted" four pages of hints, ideas, recommendations, etc. to bring along. All were helpful. Just a quick couple of words about the 3 most criticized items, in my research, on CC:

1. Cabin Size-We had a family balcony cabin and it was roomy, no complaints

2. Crowds-Same as any other cruise ship, no complaints

3. Doughnuts-Weren't the best, weren't the worst. My kids liked them, my husband and I ate a few.

BTW, what does the "D" stand for in DH, DS, DD, etc......?

Our family just returned from Oasis and I'm happy to answer any questions you have. Thanks to CC I "cut and pasted" four pages of hints, ideas, recommendations, etc. to bring along. All were helpful. Just a quick couple of words about the 3 most criticized items, in my research, on CC:

3. Doughnuts-Weren't the best, weren't the worst. My kids liked them, my husband and I ate a few.

OVerall, how would you rate your cruise? Was this your first?

The "D" stands for "Dear"

DH - Dear Husband

DW - Dear Wife

DD - Dear Daughter

DS - Dear Son

Our family just returned from Oasis and I'm happy to answer any questions you have.

Can you tell me where I left my car keys? I can't seem to find them.

:D:D:D:D:D

hahahaha!! I'm kidding!

I don't really have another question...how about...Did you have a great time?

Do you have copies of those 4 pages of hints and ideas...I am cruising on Oasis next month and would love to read it......thank you

Which itinerary did you do? If western, what was Falmouth like?

Did you do any specialty restaurants...reviews??

Can you tell me what nights were formal nights?

Favourite thing about the ship?

Dh (dear husband) and I are going in July to celebrate our 40ths...his is Aug., mine Nov. and can't wait! :D

OVerall, how would you rate your cruise? Was this your first?

The "D" stands for "Dear"

DH - Dear Husband

DW - Dear Wife

DD - Dear Daughter

DS - Dear Son

I would give it 9.9999 out of 10. Maybe it would get a 10 if the chairs on our balcony were more comfortable :)

We've cruised 1x with Carnival, 2 other times with Royal Caribbean, 2 times with Princess (just this past December.)

Can you tell me where I left my car keys? I can't seem to find them.

:D:D:D:D:D

hahahaha!! I'm kidding!

I don't really have another question...how about...Did you have a great time?

It was awesome. Once my DH recovers from financial shock, I'll see if I can talk him into Allure next year :)

Hung out on beach in Labadee, Zip Line was closed down due to high winds just as our group was getting ready to go.

Dunns River Falls Express tour in Falmouth. Falmouth is a disaster in my opinion, and it's a long ride to the excursions.

Stayed on ship on Cozumel. We've been there several times and our DS and DD decided to do private flow rider lessons instead of an excursion. It was a very nice day!

Dh (dear husband) and I are going in July to celebrate our 40ths...his is Aug., mine Nov. and can't wait! :D

Falmouth is a disaster. If you don't have an excursion, I would suggest staying on the ship. However, some cruisers and posters have enjoyed walking around "the port." I'm not a shopper, could see and hear the band from the ship and felt no need to explore Falmouth. I've never been to Jamaica, but according to CC, Falmouth is typical with regards to the poverty, flea market"ish" shopping, etc.

Didn't eat at specialty restaurants. I'm vegetarian so they don't really appeal to me. Found all food venues to be comparable to the food on our Princess cruise in December. Some was great, some was good and some was acceptable. I'm not as discriminating as other CC posters. I wouldn't complain about the food.

Formal nights, let me try to remember......Sunday and Thursday (at sea days)

Favorite thing about the ship......I don't know. There are SO many amazing things. My kids would probably say the flow rider. Honestly, I can't pick out one thing. Well, maybe......the neighborhoods and their diversity and uniqueness is awesome. I bought the "Live the Oasis" book and had a great time solving the clues and learning about the ship and discovering many things I would have just overlooked.

Sounds like you had the "family" ocean view balcony which I believe is quite a bit bigger than the regular one we had a few weeks ago. We were CRAMMED in that room, meself, DH, DD (13) and DS (11). We are not large people, either. It really didnt matter cause we were hardly ever in the room, but man it is TINY!!!! Have sailed Disney 3 times and it is true....even their inside staterooms are 25% larger hands down with much better clothes storage.

Glad you had fun! We thought Falmouth was a disaster also...it's Jamaica for goodness sakes so what we were expecting? You cant fix that country..and now you just drive further to the few decent excursions, pay lots more $$$ for the transfers (we asked and gas is $5 a gallon there), and you cannot explore on your own...bummer. What was RCCL thinking?

Bummer your zipline was cancelled. We all did it despite higher winds...they pulled everyone off who weighed more than 175 pounds and gave their $$$ back. We had a blast!....was a highlight for sure :)

Yeah, the financial shock is just that, eh? SHOCKING :) but worth it.

I bought the "Live the Oasis" book and had a great time solving the clues and learning about the ship and discovering many things I would have just overlooked.

what's this? How much is the book? and is it a scavenger hunt kind of thing?

I also will be on that cruise. Can't wait.

Sounds like you had the "family" ocean view balcony which I believe is quite a bit bigger than the regular one we had a few weeks ago. We were CRAMMED in that room, meself, DH, DD (13) and DS (11). We are not large people, either. It really didnt matter cause we were hardly ever in the room, but man it is TINY!!!! Have sailed Disney 3 times and it is true....even their inside staterooms are 25% larger hands down with much better clothes storage.

Glad you had fun! We thought Falmouth was a disaster also...it's Jamaica for goodness sakes so what we were expecting? You cant fix that country..and now you just drive further to the few decent excursions, pay lots more $$$ for the transfers (we asked and gas is $5 a gallon there), and you cannot explore on your own...bummer. What was RCCL thinking?

Bummer your zipline was cancelled. We all did it despite higher winds...they pulled everyone off who weighed more than 175 pounds and gave their $$$ back. We had a blast!....was a highlight for sure :)

Yeah, the financial shock is just that, eh? SHOCKING :) but worth it.

Yes, I believe we had a "Family Balcony Cabin". It had a small (and I mean small) room (closet?) with a set of bunk beds so we didn't have to use the pullout sofa. If you had a balcony cabin like the ones we peeked into, I think we would have been cramped as well. Didn't look like there was much room around the bed.

Do you have copies of those 4 pages of hints and ideas...I am cruising on Oasis next month and would love to read it......thank you

Yes, I do. I don't know if I can share a Word Document on CC. I could email them if you don't mind sharing your address, unless you know another way.

Do you like sushi and did you eat at Izumi?

Did you do the on board zip line?

Was there anything in the cruise compass about Flash Mobs or Flash mob lessons or meet-up? Heard some vague stuff about this. cruisedivanj

I don't eat Sushi, so no to Izumi.

I didn't do the ship's zip line. Every time I thought about it either I didn't have my closed toed shoes and shorts or the line looked too long. My 12 year old son did it and loved it.

I didn't see anything about Flash Mobs....what is it? I don't study the Cruise Compass, so it could have been in there and I missed it.

Was Richard Spacey your cruise director and, if so, do you know how much longer he will be there? What was the headliner show?

Yes he was. He's great. I don't know about him leaving the ship. There was no mention of that. Headliner was Beatlemania. It was great!

Archived