Oasis-Just Returned, ask me

I have a tip for you all...........

We were on Oasis in February OMG!! WOW! Only ate in the MDR 2 times!

Got a D+ suite upgrade the day before the sailing......FANTASTIC! Havng a suite made all the difference! But would have had an awsome time any way!

HEre is the Tip.......................When you are in Jamaica............Stay on the ship!! :)We have been there several times.....people there are not friendly and are very pushy!!! Stay onboard that day and enjoy the empty ship! HAve a nice lunch or maybe stay in your pajamas with your loved one until noon!:D Then go out and Enjoy that Beautiful ship!! Everybody on the Oasis is there to serve you and will treat you very well!

Jamaica is a heart ache!:eek:

Yes, I do. I don't know if I can share a Word Document on CC. I could email them if you don't mind sharing your address, unless you know another way.

can i be cheeky and ask for a copy, its richcoryton at hotmail dot com we are sailing on her in september and i cannot wait

nmel187, dee1321, and dancersp119-

I cruise the Oasis last month and have a couple word documents with tips and tricks as well. If you would like, I can e-mail my notes to you as well.

I would love to see any tips and or docs... We will be the 5/14 Oasis cruise.

Thank you!!

Steve

steverandolph@verizon.net

Could you send me the hints as well, we leave in June and I want to make sure I have everything covered that I might need. Also, please tell me more about the book you talked about. Did you buy it before you left or once on board? My email address is dboyd@ms.metrocast.net Thank you.

Please pass along as well . . . it would be greatly appreciated. Sailing Oasis for the first time in July . . . First time floater!

pak1497@oh.rr.com

Thanks sooo much!

Falmouth is a disaster. If you don't have an excursion, I would suggest staying on the ship. However, some cruisers and posters have enjoyed walking around "the port." I'm not a shopper, could see and hear the band from the ship and felt no need to explore Falmouth. I've never been to Jamaica, but according to CC, Falmouth is typical with regards to the poverty, flea market"ish" shopping, etc.

Didn't eat at specialty restaurants. I'm vegetarian so they don't really appeal to me. Found all food venues to be comparable to the food on our Princess cruise in December. Some was great, some was good and some was acceptable. I'm not as discriminating as other CC posters. I wouldn't complain about the food.

Formal nights, let me try to remember......Sunday and Thursday (at sea days)

Favorite thing about the ship......I don't know. There are SO many amazing things. My kids would probably say the flow rider. Honestly, I can't pick out one thing. Well, maybe......the neighborhoods and their diversity and uniqueness is awesome. I bought the "Live the Oasis" book and had a great time solving the clues and learning about the ship and discovering many things I would have just overlooked.

I sailed on the Inaugural of the Oasis and bought the book at the art store and really enjoyed it. Made us see all the neighborhoods looking for the clues. The only thing we didn't like was finding out the answers. We never knew whether we had found the right things or not. They looked at our answers and gave us the ribbon and buttons but it was a dissapointment not to really know all the answers. We did miss a few and were hoping to find out what they were. Glad you enjoyed the Oasis, now you have to try the Allure, I prefered that ship because the the changes made to improve it over the Oasis but both are just great. We are sailing on both again this year... the healthy food in the solariam was just great for breakfast and lunch.

Take care... enjoy sailing Royal Caribbean

Irene & Miles

Yes, I do. I don't know if I can share a Word Document on CC. I could email them if you don't mind sharing your address, unless you know another way.

Could you also send it to me please? Thank you, I am sailing in August. Thanks for answering everyone's questions so informative. Here is my e-mail address:

zeta4ever@msn.com

nmel187, dee1321, and dancersp119-

I cruise the Oasis last month and have a couple word documents with tips and tricks as well. If you would like, I can e-mail my notes to you as well.

Hello can you also send the documents to me? Thank you very much. We sail in August. Here is my e-mail address zeta4ever@msn.com.

what's this? How much is the book? and is it a scavenger hunt kind of thing?

It's a book, for $13, that has 6 "trails" to follow, clues to find and interesting information about the ship. The Compass will indicate when it's for sale. There is also some type of game show or something, but we didn't go. I ran into someone who went and he said it was fun.....sounded like for clues. BTW, if you figure out Clue #2 on Trail 1, let me know what you think it is :)

Archived