Best Cruise Director???

I love Royal Caribbean Cruises. I think it is my favorite line. After going or Disney, Norweigen, and Costa, I have never found another Cruise Director that even comes close to Graham Seymore. His entertaining personality adds so much to our experience. I was wondering if anyone has come across another CD that enhanced the exerience as much as him. Thanks!!

(I like the silly, wild, entertaining kind, not the boring informative kind)

I just got off the ship with him and he said you can call RCCL and they will tell you who will be on the ship. Graham said he has been on the Freedom since July and he usually stays on the same ship for 2 to 3 years. His humor and musical talent adds so much to our experience.

Although I have thoroughly enjoyed Graham on the Freedom also.....great guy and super entertaining!.......I think my vote, as you will find MANY others will go to RICHARD SPACEY off the Oasis!!!!!

SO funny and wild and a great dancer!....and not to mention EYE CANDY!!!!

....even my DH agrees with that last comment. "he is in such great shape!" he says :)

I am boarding the Allure in just a few weeks and whomever the CD is coming up for me....they have A LOT to live up to to WOW me!

Is there a list somewhere to say which is the CD on which ship please?

We have just booked our first RC cruise and I would love to know whats in store for us - I am sure they are all great though in their own ways

Thanks

We have enjoyed all of the CD's on our cruises. However, I believe Joff Eaton and his sidekick on Jewel was our favorite. But, they may be because he was our most recent on an RC ship.

We have had enjoyed Kieron Buffrey, Abe Hughes, Eric Dowes, and Mike Hunnerup.

Ken Rush is on the Allure right now. I used to work for Royal Caribbean, and there are some great CD's. I've worked with a lot of CD's, but my favorite to work with was Anthony Richards. He used to be Youth Staff...and he's just a great guy who really tries to do the best job he can. It hasn't gotten old for him yet.

Some CD's can be real cheeseheads...but Anthony was always great. Gordon Whatman was also a legend too. One of the best. Richard Spacey is hilarious. I worked with him back when he was an Assistant on the Voyager, and he was always on fire. There were just as many that were horrible though...and they're usually tyrants to work for too. No names in that department though...

I'd say the overall best CD I've worked with was David Faro onboard The World. It's not a Royal Caribbean ship, and it's not even really a cruise ship...but that guy was amazing. That entire ship is amazing. If you can ever afford to go. Go. It's unlike anything you've ever experienced. If you want to know how a billionaire really lives...go check out The World.

Here is my vote for the best cruise director and it is also a tie. I have sailed with Grahm Seymore last year on the Freedom. He is a great cruise director and is very close to the top.

My favorite is a tie with Drew Devine and Marc Walker. I have sailed with them both on the Monarch. They both made the cruise fantastic.

Richard Spacey was hilarious, and really seemed genuine when we saw him on the Oasis. If he had any funny stories about the guests, he was not condescending or arrogant or try to make anyone look stupid in order to get a few laughs, which made me like him all the more. He gets my vote.

We don't pay too much attention to cruise directors, but I do have to say Graham Seymour was great. We had him on Independence last year (I guess he's the only CD we actually remember having.) :o

Another very notable person is Omar [something]... who was on our last cruise on Brilliance. He's on the staff, not a CD (he should be) but he certainly upstaged the real CD, whom I can't remember the name. :o

Richard has definitely been my favorite. I had him in 2009 on the Freedom, and with any luck, he'll be around in October for my Oasis cruise as well. Awesome guy, and he works for whatever he gets paid.

I love Royal Caribbean Cruises. I think it is my favorite line. After going or Disney, Norweigen, and Costa, I have never found another Cruise Director that even comes close to Graham Seymore. His entertaining personality adds so much to our experience. I was wondering if anyone has come across another CD that enhanced the exerience as much as him. Thanks!!

(I like the silly, wild, entertaining kind, not the boring informative kind)

I've never sailed with Graham Seymore. My favorites have been Mike Szwajkowski, Casey Pelter and Richard Spacey. Mike was my very favorite.

I recently took my son on his first Royal Caribbean cruise. He'd previously sailed only on Carnival. While he doesn't necessarily share my opinion that RCCL is preferable to Carnival, he did comment that RCL cruise directors are notably better. He always thought (and I agreed) that cruise directors are not especially memorable. Even the good ones don't stick with you for long after the cruise is over. My son just LOVED Casey Pelter.

Cruise directors is one thing RCL really does RIGHT!

Archived