Best Cruise Director???

richard spacey is awesome. also i like kieron bufffery on mariner. i know some don't. years ago we had a husband and wife on song of america. They were awesome. Great singers and he was very quick witted. I cannot remember their names.

I vote for Graham too! He was spectacular! My daughter and I still get giddy when we hear the song Chasing Cars and remember him singing that on our cruise....I would love to sail with him again!

I'm going to throw out some love for Keith Williams on the Jewel. Now granted I have only cruised once and am working hard to change that with another cruise booked and looking to add hopefully one more still this year. But after watching a special on the MSN that covered the Norwegian Pearl and her cruise director Simon, I am all the more pleased in the experience we had with Keith. He was very pleasant, a joy to be around, and seemed to get a genuine satisfaction out of the guests having a good time. I definitely prefer his more personable style to what I heard someone describe as "carnival barker" types. Looking forward to see who we will have on the Radiance next year.

My favorite is a tie with Drew Devine and Marc Walker. I have sailed with them both on the Monarch. They both made the cruise fantastic.

I have to agree with both of these guys. We enjoyed two cruises with Drew Devine as our CD. After having been on Princess, I am looking forward to going back on RC and experiencing a CD who you see around the ship and actually plans things to do.

Beth

Haven't sailed with the Big Guns yet (Spacey, Seymore, Rush). I really loved Mike Swiekdioneiowieonjnpfnski (sorry Mike :o) "The Fountains" skit is tremendous. Also John Blair was awesome on Enchantment last year. I loved the Neil Diamond impersonation.

My DH and I just got off the Enchantment and we loved John Blair too! Many on the cruise didn't care for him though. Loved his Neil Diamond and his quick wit! We've only been on one other RC cruise...the Serenade and our CD was Dennis something-or-other. We liked him too. I think we're easy to please. :)

My DH and I just got off the Enchantment and we loved John Blair too! Many on the cruise didn't care for him though. Loved his Neil Diamond and his quick wit!

I just got off Enchantment today too. At the opening show I thought I was going to dislike John but he really grew on me after the Neil Diamond opening. He was very witty and I loved that!

Ricky Matthews from the Majesty is hands down the best CD i have had. He started on NCL or HAL, so his jokes are completely different that most RCCL CD's. That and his afro for the 70's party is the funniest thing I have ever seen!

i loved ricky matthews he was SOO funny:D

Does anyone know if Ivan Pierce is still with RCI? We sailed with him on our first run on the Adventure in 2007. Saw the "fountains" skit ages ago & LMAO.

Graham is hysterical, Abe super and I also enjoyed Alan Brooks.

Have not had the pleasure to sail with Mike & Rich but fromthe sound of things I should get on board!

We're all Joff Eaton fans in our family. As with all the good directors extremely hard working and a far cry from the over tanned CD's of old who were more interested in Diamonds International kick backs!

A strange thing about Joff though is the fact that he isn't actually English as he claims but Greek. He has almost managed to lose the accent but occasionally it slips out. That and the Greek dancing when he thinks no one is looking.

Ask him to speak Greek next time you see him on Indy either that or get him to sing a Greek song for you. His great auntie is Nana Mouskouri and that's how he got into the business.

Henry :)

Just off Oasis and not overly impressed with Richard. Never saw him except at the end of some shows. He did the same little skit everytime the curtain went down. It got a little old after awhile. He almost got in a fight at Quest with our male team captain. The guest and his girlfriend were pretty tipsy and the guy touch Richard's arm to talk to him and Richard got really angry. I was really surprised by the outburst.

Just off Oasis and not overly impressed with Richard. Never saw him except at the end of some shows. He did the same little skit everytime the curtain went down. It got a little old after awhile.

I will agree that routine of his gets old real fast.

We loved Dennis Sciortino (I think he goes by Dennis Charles now). He was a dynamic presence all over the ship, a master at warming up the crowd before a show, an inspiring leader, and very friendly. Jeff Arpin (retired) was also excellent. Becky Thompson (retired) was a fireball of energy. Didn't care for Kirk Detweiller at all.

Archived