PV Limo service

Mesmeralda

Okay maybe this is over the top but I'm planning my PV excursion and it looks like time is critical in the morning to make a 9:45am excursion. I was wondering if instead of going through all the aggressive taxi lobbying has anyone tried to prebook a reputable limosine service to pick you up at the tender drop-off and take you to where you need to go?

I will be arriving on the Splendor.

Check with Mazatlan Frank (just Google him and you will get his website) as he is now doing tours in PV, since many (most) of the cruises lines have temporality stopped their visits to Mazatlan. He is very reliable!!

Okay maybe this is over the top but I'm planning my PV excursion and it looks like time is critical in the morning to make a 9:45am excursion. I was wondering if instead of going through all the aggressive taxi lobbying has anyone tried to prebook a reputable limosine service to pick you up at the tender drop-off and take you to where you need to go?

I will be arriving on the Splendor.

Having your party up, fed and ready to go as/when the ship docks is the key to making your plan work. Transportation will be the least of your worries.

I suspect you may be creating a greater time delay in getting to the Los Veranos office than you realize. The taxi companies (unions) are a very powerful political force in Vallarta. They take incursions into their “turf” very seriously. If you do hire a private service to transport you to the LV office, you might find that the “limo” will be parked a good distance from the port exit. It is highly unlikely that the driver/vehicle will be allowed to wait for you on the Federal Port property.

Simply exit the dock area. The white federal port taxis will be right there. Offer $5 USD per person if they take your party to the LV office “right now”. If they balk, continue walking east the one block to the port property exit and there will be a bunch of yellow city taxis waiting for you. I believe the rate is still 80 pesos ($8 USD) from the port to Vallarta’s south side. They charge per taxi ride with up to four passengers.

If you really want to go the “private car” route … We have used Superior Tours for private transfer services in the past and are very happy with their service. I can’t post their web address here. Google superior tour Vallarta to find their site.

And again … Unless you know something is scheduled to happen to the docks that nobody else knows about, Splendor will be at Dock #1 right by the exit where the port taxis wait. I have seen nothing to indicate Splendor will tender passengers ashore in Vallarta.

Enjoy!

Having your party up, fed and ready to go as/when the ship docks is the key to making your plan work. Transportation will be the least of your worries.

I suspect you may be creating a greater time delay in getting to the Los Veranos office than you realize. The taxi companies (unions) are a very powerful political force in Vallarta. They take incursions into their “turf” very seriously. If you do hire a private service to transport you to the LV office, you might find that the “limo” will be parked a good distance from the port exit. It is highly unlikely that the driver/vehicle will be allowed to wait for you on the Federal Port property.

Simply exit the dock area. The white federal port taxis will be right there. Offer $5 USD per person if they take your party to the LV office “right now”. If they balk, continue walking east the one block to the port property exit and there will be a bunch of yellow city taxis waiting for you. I believe the rate is still 80 pesos ($8 USD) from the port to Vallarta’s south side. They charge per taxi ride with up to four passengers.

If you really want to go the “private car” route … We have used Superior Tours for private transfer services in the past and are very happy with their service. I can’t post their web address here. Google superior tour Vallarta to find their site.

And again … Unless you know something is scheduled to happen to the docks that nobody else knows about, Splendor will be at Dock #1 right by the exit where the port taxis wait. I have seen nothing to indicate Splendor will tender passengers ashore in Vallarta.

Enjoy!

Thank you for the insight...I think we'll stay under the radar and take a taxi...

Archived