Coupon Books

paul929207

We just boarded the Ocean Princess and received two coupon books. The first is the Passport to Value from Princess. Nothing that jumped out at me, but other may find some of the coupons of value.

The second is Shipwide Savings Coupons from “your Travel Agent”. As with the other book, nothing grabbed me, but some might like them. I doubt we will use any of them.

Neither has the BOGO for the coffee card

We just boarded the Ocean Princess and received two coupon books. The first is the Passport to Value from Princess. Nothing that jumped out at me, but other may find some of the coupons of value.

The second is Shipwide Savings Coupons from “your Travel Agent”. As with the other book, nothing grabbed me, but some might like them. I doubt we will use any of them.

Neither has the BOGO for the coffee card

That's not good... I have two cruises on Princess coming up and I rely on getting the BOGO coffee cards.

That's not good... I have two cruises on Princess coming up and I rely on getting the BOGO coffee cards.

Yeah, my TA told me they are not putting the coffee card coupon in the shipboard savings book anymore. We were on the Crown last week and had the TA book and no coffee card. I wish now I had used the coupon when wer were onboard in November to buy a card and get one free. Oh well....

Mike

The booklet from your TA is usually given when there is a special offer of reduced deposit ($100). From what I understand, you cannot get it if you book using fccs.
Not in our case. We have always gotten the TA coupon books, and always book with an FCC. ;)

Not in our case. We have always gotten the TA coupon books, and always book with an FCC. ;)

I agree with Toto, we always book with a TA and use an FCC and have always gotten the TA coupon books, although to us without the coffee card they are basically worthless, we still get them.

Mike

Just had a look at our most recent booking. INCLUDED: $100 USD Onboard Credit pp and 2 x Onboard Discount Coupon Booklets. We'll be disappointed if no coffee coupon, however the shipboard credit is always appreciated and certainly of better value!

Dave

We just got off the Dawn Princess and they had given us the "good" 2010 coupon book. Since they had put our cabin number on the book, we were able to use the BOGO coffee card with no mention of the expiration date. Though my friend did have trouble using the expired coupons in the Spa. A visit to the Purser's desk solved that problem.

What kind of discounts are there? And what does FCC mean?

Thanks!

In the coupon books a couple I remember are a few percent off at the spa for certain treatments, 10% off $100 at the boutiques, and something like 10% off a piece of artwork. Nothing great without the BOGO coffee coupon.

FCC stands for Future Cruise Credit. While onboard you can purchase a FCC and use it to book your next cruise. If you do this, you get onboard credit relative to the cabin you book and length of cruise. For an inside cabin for instance on a 7 day cruise, you would get $25 onboard credit, for two people it would be $50. More credit is given for a longer cruise, or a higher cabin category, like a balcony. FCC's are good for 4 years, so you don't have to book a cruise immediately, and if at anytime you decide not to cruise with Princess again, you can request a refund of the deposit you made.

Mike

What kind of discounts are there?

You can find the list at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1339403

The coupons do have some value:

o As coasters, they prevent glass liquid stains on furniture.

o If you have a chair or table which is off balance, placing a bunch of the couponsc under a leg can make the table or chair more stable.

o There is no longer a Sears catalog for use in emergencies.

You can find the list at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1339403

o If you have a chair or table which is off balance, placing a bunch of the couponsc under a leg can make the table or chair more stable.

That good huh?!? LOL

Just booked with our FCC for Europe summer 2012 and will be getting the coupon books. I was looking forward to the BOGO coffee cards. Other than the cards and maybe a free photo, I've never found anything of interest in there. Looks like even less now.:(

o If you have a chair or table which is off balance, placing a bunch of the coupons under a leg can make the table or chair more stable.

So true and funny. Mine will go in the trash on April 27. Now they are just a ploy to get you to spend more money.

Many thanks to the nice couple who gave us their BOGO coffee card coupons on the Grand Princess. We now have six coffee cards for our Baltic cruise.

Just booked with our FCC for Europe summer 2012 and will be getting the coupon books. I was looking forward to the BOGO coffee cards. Other than the cards and maybe a free photo, I've never found anything of interest in there. Looks like even less now.:(

Just because they changed the book in '11, doesn't mean it will be the same in '12. Perhaps they will rethink the offerings and give us a little something worthwhile.

There was no coffee card coupon. My husband and I looked for it, but it was not there. Our steward said it was no more. We did use the photo card and after you bought 4 photos you got 1 free. Buy 3 more get 1 free and so on. We knew we would buy some, but weren't sure how many we would use, so we had it with us when we bought them and if we got to the free one so be it. We ended up buying our 4th photo and getting our 5th free so we automatically thought that when we took our 4th and 5th photo up that they would charge us for the most expensive one and get the cheaper one free, but the surprised us and gave us the $24.99 one free!!! We were pleased!

Archived