cabin help~Dream

MAO

Can anyone tell me how much of an over hang cabin 6233 has (over deck 5)

Will our privacy be invaded?

Anyone have pictures of that side of the ship that might show approximately where that cabin is?

Any help is appriciated, might need to change cabin before it's too late:confused:

thanks

Anyone have pictures of that side of the ship that might show approximately where that cabin is?

Any help is appriciated, might need to change cabin before it's too late:confused:

thanks

MAO

Here is a link to the deck plans on the Dream. I have a CC group going on the Dream and this is what Im sending them. I have also asked other posters on the boards and they after having been on the Dream felt that your privacy is definitly impared with a Balc on 6th because of the Lanai right below on 5th people can look right up. Especially in hot tubs and when they are standing at the rail.

These are the deck plans for the Dream so that you can see it is an 8A

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Carnival+Dream

I booked 8B Guarantee right now but I myself am going to fully deposit sooner rather than later so that I can have a balc not on 6th.

Hope this helped.

We were in cabin 6398 last summer and I told my TA to not book her future client on deck 6. My reasons : very noisy from the Promenade deck below and no privacy on the balcony. People who stood up on the spa stairs could see right into our cabin so we had to keep the curtains closed. And we could hear the music from down below until 12-1 am ( didn't keep us from sleeping, we are not light sleepers ).

I would sail on the Dream in a heartbeat, we loved her...but in a higher balcony cabin.

2015117130105969302S425x425Q85.jpg

Spa view from balcony

2725490210105969302S425x425Q85.jpg

Lanai view from balcony

Hope this helps:)

I would also move up at least a deck, if not 2. We were on deck 8, overlooking a hottub - but were far enough away that their discussions didn't bother us. If you can swing the slight price difference, try to move!

This is the view from the exterior Promenade Deck up to the balcony decks. The Upper Deck, deck 6, is the closest in this picture.

Dream101.jpg

I'm afraid if you're looking for a bit of privacy that's about all you'll get as folks and pretty much see up onto your balcony...

:)

While all the above is true. 6233 is up forward where the Lanai deck starts to narrow. Nothing under or right near it. You're far enough away from the hottubs and seatings (more mid ships) for people below NOT to see into your balcony. So book it and enjoy it. Or redo and book a cove balcony on the main deck.

• 4 months later...
While all the above is true. 6233 is up forward where the Lanai deck starts to narrow. Nothing under or right near it. You're far enough away from the hottubs and seatings (more mid ships) for people below NOT to see into your balcony. So book it and enjoy it. Or redo and book a cove balcony on the main deck.

Thank you for your response and for all the helpful pictures folks. I think (HOPE) we will not dislike this layout too much, and that we do have some privacy on the balcony.

Another question for those who have sailed on deck 6. Does the promanade interfer with the vew of the ocean and the tranquility/peace of relaxing on the balcony ?

I do agree that having a balcony mid ship on deck 6 could be a problem. That placement is for a certain type of crowd (I could see it being alot of fun). If you want more quiet and privacy, it might not be where you want to be. That being said...

We were in room 7250 (one deck above you on the opp side but almost exactly same location forward) I was SOOO worried about this balcony room. It was the first time we splurged on one and then I found out about the wrap around Lanai. I was SO glad we stayed with our original room. It was wonderful.

We really enjoyed "people watching" as they walked around the deck, which was actually pretty quiet. In order to see the people, you would have to stand at the railing. When we sat in the chairs on the balcony, all we could see was the big blue ocean.

I know we were on deck 7, but we never felt a lack of privacy. It was wonderful. I spent so many months worried I would hate our room/balcony and ended up with a room I would specifically book again in a heartbeat!

Enjoy your cruise, the DREAM is amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

We really enjoyed "people watching" as they walked around the deck, which was actually pretty quiet. In order to see the people, you would have to stand at the railing. When we sat in the chairs on the balcony, all we could see was the big blue ocean.

This is perfect for us! We like to look out and see the ocean. I might miss looking down over the edge and seeing the waves but I know it will be fine:)

thanks

Be careful of deck 6 because it is above lots of the noisiest areas on the ship....nightclubs, promenade, etc.

We had a balcony above the hot tubs, mid ship. we didn't have an issue with privacy-----just sit back like someone said----you had to be at the rail for anyone to see you. But what we didn't like was when we were in port, we couldn't see the pier, and people watch----the deck with the hot tubs were in the way. :mad: Maybe higher on the ship was better? We would do the cove Balcony again if we sail on the Dream ----I loved it and it was so close to the water. Happy Cruising---whatever room you pick.

thanks

That cabin is far forward so it's almost or just within where the deck below narrows...it's not near the hot tubs and should be fairly quiet below you. We had 6464 and 6490 on the aft end and they were also over the narrow part of promenade and we had no trouble, we loved those cabins. If you do move up to deck 7 I would still stay forward or even better, aft. The center balconies in the center are still too close to promenade in the middle imo...hth!! Wonderful ship, wonderful!!!

Archived