A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

jenseib

After running out to the van for the phone and a quick picture, Claire and I went back into the restaurant and our food had arrived.

fishlipshotdog.jpg

fishlipsfish.jpg

After we ate and were nice and full we headed back to Residence Inn, which was very close and easy to find.

residenceinnsign.jpg

We parked and made our way to our room. Claire, Mom and I got in the elevator, but Dad didn’t for some strange reason. Mom worried he would have no clue where the room was, so I rode the elevator back down to fetch him. He was gone, so I assumed he found his way. I went to the room and sure enough he was there.

The room was nice, but nothing fancy. But it was very roomy and good a for a nights stay.

We walked in to a living room area with a kitchen as well.

kitchenRI.jpg

The couch pulled out into a bed. I was told it was the most UNCOMFORTABLE thing ever. Sleeping on the floor might’ve been better. I had booked a room like this because we figured Claire would sleep on the couch bed. (back when Skip was coming) I think next time I will just book 2 queens since the couch bed was so awful.

dadoncouchatri.jpg

We had a separate bedroom that had a king bed in it. Claire and I slept here. This bed was the MOST comfortable bed I have EVER slept on. It was like paradise laying on it.

kingbed.jpg

The bathroom was right off the bedroom.

batroomatriport.jpg

After we checked out the room a bit, I asked Claire if she wanted to go for a walk and check out the grounds. She wanted to swim, but I told her it was most likely closed due to the storm or time, but we would look. Mom decided to join us.

ripool.jpg

The pool was closed. I’m not sure of the reason though, because one side had cones and caution tape too.

coneatppol.jpg

I suppose that this would be a “mishap” in Claire’s mind.

And out by the fire. It was pretty.

fire.jpg

fireclaireandadda.jpg

palms.jpg

We then headed back to the room and gave Claire a bath. I wanted to call Skip again, so Claire and I went for another walk and gave him a call. We walked around the whole building about 3 times and Claire thought that was the neatest thing.

Skip told me that one of his friends was calling him every time I updated on facebook and telling him what we were doing. LOL! (Skip doesn’t do facebook, or really computers for that matter)

We laid down around 11 Pm and it took about another 30 minutes or so for Claire to go to sleep. We watched the news and they said the storm that had come through that day was the worst one since 1992. Finally we both fell asleep on the most comfy bed ever!

great update, I think that pit fire is cool. My 6 yr old son loved the one in AKL (when we stayed 3 years ago..when they had the storytime and then musical parade).

Cant wait to read more...really enjoying your report

It was neat.

We had planned to stay at AKL the night pror to the cruise if we had gone in Dec. I had the night booked. But then that didn't happen. I hope to stay there someday though.

The hoel still looks good. We stayed there last year pre-cruise.

It was pretty nice. I wil plan to stay there again if we do another cruise.

cant wait to read more

Thanks. I hope to get another update today or tomorrow. I need to go Easter shopping today. I have NOT bought any candy at all, so I should probably get a few things, or little Miss Claire might be disappointed.

Day2 ~ March 31st, Thursday

I awoke from my comfy bed and was feeling refreshed, so I looked at the clock. WHAT!!!! I had only been asleep for about 2 ½ hours. I still had many MORE hours to sleep. I laid back down, but my mind was racing.

I got up and looked out the window. I could see the Carnival ship off in the distance from my window if I turned just right. How neat!... So I took a really bad picture of it.

carnivalshipindistance.jpg

If you are having a hard time seeing it is on the left side of the picture, all lit up.

I went back and laid down. Mom came in after awhile to use the bathroom and wanted to know why I was up. I told her I couldn’t sleep. She told me she had a dream that I got very sick and had to go the Hospital, so she and Claire went on the cruise without me. Basically the same kind of dreams I have been having as well.

I dozed off and on, but never really a deep sleep. I would have dreams that we weren’t allowed on the ship because we had Birth Certificates. Or that we didn’t have official Birth Certificates. All those crazy dreams that you can’t seem to steer your mind away from. I just wanted to get on the ship and get going already!

I would get up every so often and look out the window. Nothing new. I had hoped to catch a glimpse of the Dream docked, but if it was, I couldn’t see it.

At 5 AM I looked out the window once again. What’s that I see off in the distance?

dreamapproaching.jpg

I KNEW EXACTLY what that was. It was a moving ship and I could almost see a glowing Mickey on it!!! It was HER!!! The Dream was pulling into port. I quickly grabbed my camera and took several bad pictures! LOL! I was like a kid at Christmas. It was just so exciting!

dcldreamapproaching.jpg

I was amazed at how close the water really was!

dcldream1.jpg

And I couldn’t believe how HUGE the ship was!

dcledream2.jpg

Thanks for a great update, you must have loved it waking up and seeing the DREAM.

I have been have nightmares for our upcoming trip. I'm stressing that our son getting sea sick or my husband (well my husband got sea sick the only cruise we ever took...like 18 years ago). We are leaving Sunday (and I have been reading rough seas).

Thanks for the review and your making me feel better.

Thanks for a great update, you must have loved it waking up and seeing the DREAM.

I have been have nightmares for our upcoming trip. I'm stressing that our son getting sea sick or my husband (well my husband got sea sick the only cruise we ever took...like 18 years ago). We are leaving Sunday (and I have been reading rough seas).

Thanks for the review and your making me feel better.

I have been on 2 other cruises, and both you could feel movement, but I did OK. A little queasy here and there. But this cruise, I swear I barely ever felt the ship moved. If anyone in our family would get sick, it would be me. They even said we would have rough seas when we left the Port and I barely felt a single things. I could feel it most when walking in a hallway or in the bathroom for some stragne reason. Claire even said she felt movement in the bathroom too.

This trip I never had to take bonine. Well I did the day we boarded, but I didn't need it. I brought ginger snaps, which are supposed to help with a queasy stomach, and we ate those here and there, but only as a snack really. Never because we needed them. Also look for those bands you wear on your wrist for your DH. I wore them on the 2 other cruises, and they seem to help. I brought them this trip but noever needed to wear them.

The Ship was such a beautiful sight!

dcldream3.jpg

I heard something then and popped out from behind the curtain. Mom was standing there. She had been on her way to the bathroom and wondered where I was. I quickly told her the ship was pulling in to Port and she came over to have a look. We were both excited now! Then we heard a little voice. Claire wanted to know what we were doing, so we invited her in behind the curtain to take a look as well.

dcldream4.jpg

I took a quick photo with my phone and sent it to facebook. Let’s just say that photo was not good and you couldn’t even tell what it was. LOL!

Soon the ship faded in the distance. I guess where it docks cannot be seen from my window.

We all laid back down and Claire was soon back to sleep. I, on the other hand could NOT sleep at all now. I was too excited. After trying and tossing and turning, I just gave up. I got up and showered and got ready to start the day.

I went down for some breakfast in the lobby. It was decent food and I was amazed at how many people were already up and ready to go.

After I ate I walked around a bit and took a few pictures.

darkpalm.jpg

As you can see, it is still very dark out.

riearlymorning.jpg

growingtree.jpg

I went back to the room then and got on my laptop for a bit and checked my emails.

Loving your review!

I am loving your story! Can't wait for more!

Thanks. I have to update my dining review thread next, then I'll post more.

I am happy to say Easter shopping is done. I jsut need to do some housecleaning before the big day now.

Thanks for the advice with the wrist band. My husband called his doctor and he got the patch (I got bonnie also and Kids bonnie). I packed all sorts of medication b/c I read that the gift store charges 10x more for any type of meds.

I would not be able to sleep too if I saw the ship, if my son saw the ship he would keep asking can we go now. Last Sunday, we Drove by The Jewel at Pier 88 and he said can we go now...he was so excited that he is counting the days.

I love your review and if our son loves the cruise...I'm going to start planning a Disney cruise next year (I can't wait for Disney cruise at NYC)

Thanks for the advice with the wrist band. My husband called his doctor and he got the patch (I got bonnie also and Kids bonnie). I packed all sorts of medication b/c I read that the gift store charges 10x more for any type of meds.

I would not be able to sleep too if I saw the ship, if my son saw the ship he would keep asking can we go now. Last Sunday, we Drove by The Jewel at Pier 88 and he said can we go now...he was so excited that he is counting the days.

I love your review and if our son loves the cruise...I'm going to start planning a Disney cruise next year (I can't wait for Disney cruise at NYC)

I have heard, but I never looked myself, that somewhere on the ship they have a bowl with bonine, like 1 dosage in a package and it's free. I never found out exactly where though, and I didn't need any, so I never looked.

When we were in port at Nassau we saw the Epic and that is one ship that I have considered going on in the future. (I think they have some characters on some of their cruises) and it was pretty and big as well. I took pictures, but I beleive they are on the lost card. But I have to admit, the Dream was much prettier.

I have heard, but I never looked myself, that somewhere on the ship they have a bowl with bonine, like 1 dosage in a package and it's free. I never found out exactly where though, and I didn't need any, so I never looked.

When we were in port at Nassau we saw the Epic and that is one ship that I have considered going on in the future. (I think they have some characters on some of their cruises) and it was pretty and big as well. I took pictures, but I beleive they are on the lost card. But I have to admit, the Dream was much prettier.

Deck one, medical offices. They're not so much in a bowl as in a dispenser. It was on the Magic that way. YMMV.

Archived