A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

jenseib

Mom woke up around 7:15 and took her shower. After she got ready, it was Dad’s turn. Not long after, Little Miss Claire woke up. She had a gift waiting for her from Donald.

Dreamchairsmmdnote.jpg

agift.jpg

heartbag.jpg

She received a new Tinkerbelle bathing suite.

tinksuit.jpg

We got Claire dressed and ready for the big day.

The forecast was for rain. It didn’t look to bad outside at this point and time.

lookingforrain.jpg

The weathermen couldn’t seem to decide if it was going to be storms sweeping through quickly, all day rain, or all day storms. I swear they would change their minds every few minutes.

We then headed down for breakfast. My 2nd breakfast of the day, but it had been a couple hours since I ate the 1st one.

appleandsasage.jpg

IMG_6567.jpg

2ndtrip.jpg

buffetbreakfast.jpg

There was a family sitting next to us, a couple with a baby. This baby was so stinking cute. She had this tongue thing going when they fed her and it was hilarious. They were going on the cruise as well and we actually ran into to them several times on the ship.

With our bellies full, we walked back towards the room. Of course I took a few pictures on the way.

flowerpink1.jpg

pinkflower2.jpg

Back at the room we tagged our luggage that would be going on the ship. Claire and I hauled them out to the van.

elevatorride.jpg

rentalvan.jpg

We called Skip and he told us that the news station he was watching was saying that Sea World may be closing due to storms.

We went back to the room for another load of luggage and Dad said the local news were saying that if you had a Disney Day planned to wait till the storms past, as they were going to bad.

Claire and I finished loading the van and took one more walk around the hotel.

palmsinclouds.jpg

It was a little before 10 AM now. We saw many people loading their vehicles as well. Many were dressed in Disney attire. Claire and I decided we should head over to the port now, a little earlier than we had planned. We went back up to the room and gathered up Mom and Dad and were on our merry way to the Terminal!

Thanks for another wonderful update, love the pictures.

Did you take your good camera when you went to Disney private Island (I remember you wrote you brought 3 cameras). I'm bringing 3 cameras also (1 SLR, 2 point and shoot...but 1 point of shoot is my old one that my son loves to use. He is becoming to be a good photographer).

Thanks for another wonderful update, love the pictures.

Did you take your good camera when you went to Disney private Island (I remember you wrote you brought 3 cameras). I'm bringing 3 cameras also (1 SLR, 2 point and shoot...but 1 point of shoot is my old one that my son loves to use. He is becoming to be a good photographer).

Yes and no. :D When we got off in the morning I took it for the sole purpose of just going and taking pictures. We didn't stay real long and then headed back to the ship. When we came back on the island I just brought the waterproof camera and the point and shoot. Of course those pictures from the point and shoot are on the lost card...which really makes me mad!

Yes and no. :D When we got off in the morning I took it for the sole purpose of just going and taking pictures. We didn't stay real long and then headed back to the ship. When we came back on the island I just brought the waterproof camera and the point and shoot. Of course those pictures from the point and shoot are on the lost card...which really makes me mad!

Sorry for your lost of the card:(.

Do you scrapbook? If so do you do traditional or digital?

I have to scrapbook and I do both.

Sorry for your lost of the card:(.

Do you scrapbook? If so do you do traditional or digital?

I have to scrapbook and I do both.

No, I don't. I did one of our 2008 trip and it turned out nice, but I coudl only use a handfull of pictures in it and it was costly. I take so many pictures I just don't have time to pu them all in scrapbooks. I do print a lot of them and just put them in photo albums. I'm gonna run out of room for photo albums soon though! :D

I drove over to the Terminal. It was very close and signs directed you exactly where to go, but it was really hard to pay attention to signs when the big beautiful ship came into view!!!!

I couldn’t take a picture as I was driving, but let me tell you, it was gorgeous. We were ALL in awe and the excitement went a level higher. I think I just kept saying “look how big it is!”

I parked along the drop off/pick up spot and we unloaded what we needed. We gave 3 bags to the porter and I tipped the guy, I think somewhere between $6 and $10. Dad asked the guy where he should pick us up Sunday and he said the same place.

We said our good byes and made sure Dad had his maps. Dad then headed off to Kennedy Space Center.

We made our way to the terminal. Again I didn’t have my camera out and we walked really fast. I did manage to snap one picture on my phone before going in.

terminal.jpg

When you walk in on the ground floor you go through security just like at the airport. No full body scanners though, and you don’t have to bag your liquids. But everything comes off like at the airport. (though, I don’t think we had to take our shoes off). Only about 3 people ahead of us!

There was a stack of pizzas coming in right behind us. The pizzas didn’t have to go through x-ray, but the delivery person did. I know I made some smart remark to the person, like “Oh thanks I’ve been waiting for those”.

After security we made our way upstairs. At the top of the stairs there was a guy at a high table/booth type thing. We stopped there and he had us fill out papers to state that none of us were sick.

We also got our boarding number here. It was number 8, which I was happy about. I have heard there a different ways they determine which number you get. One being that when you preregister online and pick an arrival time, that will coincide with your boarding number. For us this was not true. There was just a stack of cards and the guy just took the one off the top and handed it to us.

I took a quick picture of Claire on my phone.

terminalpicofclaire.jpg

We then went to check in.

checkinarea.jpg

checkinsign.jpg

I was nervous about the Birth Certificates and prayed nothing would go wrong. We went to the line and there was basically NO line at all. We were pointed to one of the CM’s and we went right over and handed over our paperwork. Everything looked fine and they took a picture of each us. The CM was very friendly and full of excitement. We were handed our KTTW cards and on our way.

We saw that Mickey had come out for a meet and greet, so Claire and I got into line. Mom took a look at the line and basically said no way, so Mom took our carry on and found a spot to sit.

momandcarryons.jpg

Mom was out of sight for awhile. We couldn’t see where she was sitting, but we needed something from one of the bags she had (might’ve been the autograph book.)

After a bit she came back over (I think I actually called her). We got what we needed and she went and sat back down.

momtexting.jpg

I took some random shots while waiting.

terminalears.jpg

The archway was jammed packed the whole time. I could never get a chance to take a decent shot.

inlineforMickey.jpg

It was pretty crowded in the terminal, though I have to admit it wasn’t quite as bad as I had imagined it would be. None the less, there was still a LOT of people in there.

Thanks for the detailed info about the port drop off. We are planning on parking at the port for the first time for our upcoming cruise. Love your pictures too!

I was kind of nervous about the whole process of getting in, and there was no problems at all. There are a lot of signs. The bad thing is, it's really hard to look at signs when you see this big lovely ship in front of you. :)

After that I walked around and took a shot of the display model ship. It was again hard to get any pictures of it. It always had several people admiring it.

modelship.jpg

insidemodel.jpg

Claire and I then got in line to get her bracelet for the kids club. The line was kind of long, but it moved fast.

If I remember right, Goofy walked by while we were in line. I don’t know if he was just strolling around or doing a meet and greet. I think he was just strolling.

youthactivitiessign.jpg

While we were in line I shot this peek out the window.

sneakpeekdream.jpg

Minnie went whooshing by as we were standing in line as well. She and Mickey kept trading out about every half hour.

ninniewhooshingby.jpg

I swear every time I looked at Mom she was talking to another CM.

talkingtocm.jpg

We made it up to the counter and it was a breeze again there too. Basically they asked Claire’s name, tapped a few keys on the computer and got her a bracelet to put on. The CM we had there was very friendly and you could tell he really liked working for Disney. He talked a lot about Disney Magic.

After that we decided to walk out to the observation deck to look at the ship. And guess what? About 2 minutes after we walk out there it starts to rain. Not hard, but enough to be annoying. Looks like a “mishap” to me! We stood under an overhang and I shot a few pictures.

shipfromobservationdeck.jpg

disneydream.jpg

I took this with my phone and texted it to family and friends.

phonedream.jpg

lookingup.jpg

Will do!

Your matching Disney outfits are just precious! Dh and I love to wear matching shirts, too.

My oldest DD told me that we were big nerds for wearing matching shirts. :rolleyes: The one my mom is wearing is actually the one I bought for Skip, but she said she would wear it. Skip would wear, but do a little grumbling.

Amazing update, I'm a mom who takes alot of pictures too (especailly characters meets..from our son walking to the character, hugging, requesting for signature, playing around and then the pose).

Sorry, to hear about the rain (we are leaving Sunday for The Jewel and weather predicts rain and thunderstrom)

Amazing update, I'm a mom who takes alot of pictures too (especailly characters meets..from our son walking to the character, hugging, requesting for signature, playing around and then the pose).

Sorry, to hear about the rain (we are leaving Sunday for The Jewel and weather predicts rain and thunderstrom)

Just make the best of the day as you can. Getting mad or upset won't take the rain away, so just have fun with indoor activities.

I love taking all those pictures. I feel liek the paprazzi sometimes. :D

A few more before we walked in.

topside.jpg

lifeboat.jpg

When we went back inside I took a few more shots. I tried once more for the arch, but it was crowded up there again. I had no idea that people would actually stand around this area the whole time…..but they did.

anothertryatarch.jpg

PORT.jpg

CANAVERAL.jpg

Claire had to go potty so we made our way over there. Mom took her in while I stayed with the bags. I gave Skip another call to tell him about the day so far. As I was talking to him they announced that boarding was starting. It was a recorded announcement and it said something like numbers 1-6 could board. I thought WOW! A TON of people stood up to head to the front. Another announcement was then made, by a live person. The announcement was wrong. They were only boarding 1 (and maybe 2). I finished up the call with Skip and told him I would try to call one more time later before we set sail.

Mom came out with Claire and it was my turn. Let’s just say the terminal bathrooms are not very magical. They weren’t the worst I have seen, but they were not in Disney style.

Archived