A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

jenseib

We found a seat and waited to be called. We knew we would never miss our number because Claire was so excited and listened to every announcement made. She was keeping track of it all for us!

I think I pulled out my Navigator for the first time here and took a look at some things I wanted to do, or at least try to do.

day1pg1navigator.jpg

day1pg2.jpg

day1pg3.jpg

day1pg4.jpg

Claire is still listening for our number.

stillwaiting.jpg

And FINALLY it is called. I can’t remember the exact time, but I want to say it was around 12:30. Maybe a little later, but not much.

We worked our way to the Big Mickey Arch. Let me tell you, that was a chore. People are standing there waiting for there number and not allowing the ones called to get through. What’s the purpose of this? I basically said excuse me over and over and pushed our way through. It was the only way to do it.

It was so exciting though, so I didn’t let it bother me at all. I just thought it was dumb. I wish the CM’s would actually come up to them and tell them to move.

We scanned our KTTW card and stopped off for a picture.

2011dream.jpg

We had two taken, and actually we all look better in the other EXCEPT that Mom has her eyes closed in that one.

We are now about to enter the DREAM!!!!!!!

abouttoenter.jpg

Don't leave us hanging!

A little off topic, but was there a champagne tasting on the ship? If so, which day was it held?

I just looked through my navigators and there isn't champagne tasting listed. There are several others though, like wine tasting, whiskey tasting, etc. Thise were held on the 2nd day. (Nassau day)

I have been enjoying both of your reviews! This one is making me wish the next year goes by quickly until our next Disney cruise (on the Wonder) and your other review made me hungry each time I read it. :)

Clair

Good that means I am doing a good job!

I have a busy day today' date=' so I might not get a update up till later tomorrow evening. But you all will be busy too! ;)[/color']

I absolutely love the story telling and pictures. We don't go on our first cruise til next year but reading about your trip and seeing the pictures has me excited all over again :D and wishing 2011 flies by. Can't wait to read more and see more pictures.

I absolutely love the story telling and pictures. We don't go on our first cruise til next year but reading about your trip and seeing the pictures has me excited all over again :D and wishing 2011 flies by. Can't wait to read more and see more pictures.

Thanks. I wish we could make plans that far out ahead, but my DH is Mr. last minute and as you can see, that still didn't even work out for him.

thanks for the update, Have a wonderful day...I'll be leaving tomorrow for our cruise so I'll be back next week to catch up.:)

Have fun!

There were a few people in front of us before we could board. Mom told me just to have them say my last name, which is what I was going to do anyways.

Then it was OUR turn. A CM asked what the last name was, and I told them. They then announced…..” The Hot Sexy Chicks” family! ….. Ok, really they said my last name.

And we walked in to the most beautiful place ever.

ourentrancetothedream.jpg

A CM meets up with you and tells you where you can get lunch, and I “think” he asked if we had questions, but honestly I was in such AWE, that I can’t remember pretty much anything he said.

You just want to look UP!

mickeychandeleer.jpg

lightfixtureatrium.jpg

Once we snapped back to our senses I looked to the right and saw Guest Services. No one standing in line, so I decided to go over and leave off the pillow case and tote bag that we wanted to have signed by the characters. I also put some money on my account.

clairepillowcase.jpg

toteclaire.jpg

We had a nice CM help us. She told me that each cabin was only allowed 2 items to be signed. We had only 2 so we were fine, but it made me wonder…What about the cabins that held 5 people, and if they had 3 kids? Didn’t really seem fair that only 2 could be signed if you had 3 children in a cabin. She also told me when I was applying money to my account that only cash could be taken then. If I had gift cards (which I did want to apply eventually) it would have to be after 6 PM. Not sure why.

This beautiful chair is right near Guest Services. Of course I had to have Claire pose.

royalchair.jpg

I think her thoughts were more on the line of “hurry up and get this over with”.

royalchair1.jpg

Isn’t the mosaic pretty.

royalchair2.jpg

Claire was very taken with the Grand Staircase. Who wouldn’t be?

grandstaircase.jpg

Look at the detail around the staircase.

hueyloueyanddewey.jpg

We went up the stairs and started walking towards the back of the ship. I knew that Cabanas was at the back and up a few decks.

There is that Carnival ship right out the window.

carnyship.jpg

Hmmmmm? Did the rain stop?

We stopped for some pictures in front of the windows.

momandclaireroundwindow.jpg

As you can see I was not paying attention to what I was shooting and actually focused on the ship out the window instead of Mom and Claire!!!

claireroundwindow.jpg

loungeroundwindow.jpg

We walked by D Lounge. They have a neat sign out by it that tells you the activities going on. We never actually made it inside of here, but walked by it several times.

dloungesign.jpg

dloungesign1.jpg

insidedlounge.jpg

DLounge.jpg

After those shots we continued on our way down the hall.

Thanks! I just ordered the Tote. She said we would have it in time....We leave on May 7th!

She is very fast. Don't be surprised if it is shipped out tomorrow. I ordered some other stuff for my mom to give my neices (she put the prizes she bought on the trip for them in bags) and those also shipped within the next day of ordering. I think shipping took about 2-3 days for us then too.

We will be on the Dream on June 7th with our granddaugher (8). I did the online check in and got an arrival time of 11:00-11:30.

I am stressing a little about the crowds in the port area. My main concern is not having a place to sit while we wait. Standing around for a couple of hours would be difficult for us. Do you know what time you arrived at the port? Wondering if we arrive at 11:00 if there will be chairs available. :confused:

We will be on the Dream on June 7th with our granddaugher (8). I did the online check in and got an arrival time of 11:00-11:30.

I am stressing a little about the crowds in the port area. My main concern is not having a place to sit while we wait. Standing around for a couple of hours would be difficult for us. Do you know what time you arrived at the port? Wondering if we arrive at 11:00 if there will be chairs available. :confused:

I think we arrived around 10:15 or so. Maybe 10:30. You can come earlier than you actually put on that preregistration. We found a seat, no problem. There are a lot of seats. Especially once they start loading, that will open up more seats.

We now entered the District area. This is the area with all the bars. We walked through here many times as well, but never actually came and had a drink or enjoyed any entertainment. It was very neat looking though.

district.jpg

thedistrict.jpg

Must follow the Star path!

starpath.jpg

“Come on Mom! You are going to slow!”

starpath1.jpg

starpath2.jpg

PINK.jpg

We reached the back of the ship and made our way up a few decks to Cabanas.

cabanassign.jpg

There was a slight line up, but it moved fast. As you walk in the CM’s hand you a sanitizer wipe for you hands. Another CM will ask how many in your group and then seat you at a table.

tabletop.jpg

This was our view. On a sunny day it would be an excellent view. Today it was a drizzly view. I’m not complaining, but it would’ve been extra nice to have the sun out.

drearycarnival.jpg

Looks like the rain is back!

I went up and got Claire’s food first. The buffet seemed endless. It went on forever.

cabanas1.jpg

mickeynoodlesoup.jpg

lunchatcabanas.jpg

I went up and got my food then.

foodgloriousfood.jpg

And then Mom took her turn.

After we filled up on the main courses we also got a few desserts.

cheesecakeandmousse.jpg

This was an awning/shade type thing on the top of the windows.

awningshade.jpg

It was now about 1:40ish. We decided to finish up and head to see if our room was ready.

Before we left, I asked a server what was going to happen with the Sail Away party if the rain continued. He said he had no clue. He had been working with Disney since Sept and had never had a rainy departure day. I knew that something would be done, and I was sure at some point and time we would be told.

We went out of the back of Cabanas and down a few flights of stairs to Deck 7 where our room 7666 was. Just right around the corner too. We were surprised to find one of my bags was already waiting for us outside the door.

Mom got a little worried that her bag wasn’t there yet. I assured her that this was early and it could still take a few hours for it to arrive.

The room was gorgeous for a cruise ship room. Everything was new and looked fresh. I was amazed at how roomy it was as well. Not a big room in hotel standards, but in cruise hip standards this room was a very nice size. And the verandah looked awesome!

I quickly pulled out the camera and shot a few pictures.

thebed.jpg

This is looking at the door.

thedoor.jpg

The door on the left is for an adjoining room. Obviously we didn’t use that door at all.

adjorningdoor.jpg

The couch.

thecouch.jpg

The lamp

lamp.jpg

Guess who decided to pop in front of me when I try to shoot the bathroom!

This is one of the split bathrooms. This side has a sink and a shower/tub combo. I was impressed with how big the tub actually was.

bathtubbthroom.jpg

shampoo.jpg

mickeysoap.jpg

sink.jpg

Archived