A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

jenseib

goldenmickey.jpg

wdisneytheatre.jpg

I must’ve then taken an elevator up.

elevatorup.jpg

The adult pool. As you can see, it is still very wet out.

adultpool.jpg

And then back to the room.

Mom had me give Dad a call to see how he was doing. He had left Kennedy Space Center and was lost. He said he had asked for directions several times and couldn’t find his way. It was raining hard and he was too upset to talk, he would call back later. I told him that we would be sailing soon and most likely he wouldn’t be able to get a hold of us later. He did say that there was a tornado watch or warning while he was at the Space Center and they had to put everyone is a protective building. He wasn’t happy about that either. I let him go after a few minutes as he was just very worried about where he was. I told him to call his sister and see if she could help or pull off the road till the hard rain stopped.

Just then we started to sail away. NOTHING special about it at all!!! No announcements, no horn, No CM’s with Mickey hands waving to us…NOTHING… just pulling away from the port. I was kind of bummed about it. I also had wanted to watch us pull out all the way to the ocean, but I couldn’t do that either. The 6:15 show would be starting soon. I think we started sailing about 6ish.

So the best I could do was take a couple of pictures.

pullingoutofport.jpg

I didn’t pay attention to the map that well when I looked to see where the theatre was. It said decks 3 and 4, so we went in on deck 4…which I found out was the Balcony. So we missed all the “Hollywood” fun that happens at the main entrance. But Claire liked the balcony and we ended up sitting there for each show. You do have to be careful where you sit though. There are several big round poles that can block your view in a few of the seats.

The seats were comfy and roomy though.

countdown.jpg

The Theatre was very pretty.

neatart.jpg

WD.jpg

Soon our cruise director came out to start the show. I believe his name was Ray…or Roy…I think Ray. But I had seen Rachel…a girl…in all other TR’s I had read thus far about the Dream, so I don’t know if they trade off or if he is now the Cruise director for the Dream….or how that works. I did like him though. He was fun, and had lots of spirit.

ray.jpg

ray1.jpg

I LOVE Reading your post...I was so exicted for our up coming

Dream Cruise...but NOW...I can hardly wait. My kids and I

can't wait for next posting. THANK YOU for this!!!

I agree with Disneykidsdad...you should be paid for this

your there best kept marketing secret!

I LOVE Reading your post...I was so exicted for our up coming

Dream Cruise...but NOW...I can hardly wait. My kids and I

can't wait for next posting. THANK YOU for this!!!

I agree with Disneykidsdad...you should be paid for this

your their best kept marketing secret!

Your review is very nicely done. I don't think I've ever posted to the Disney boards as I don't cruise on Disney (I have no children), but every so often, I go to other boards when there is nothing new on the Carnival or RCI boards. I read a lot of reviews with photos on the Carnival board (some of the posters are really very good at it). Your review is stellar and rates right up there with some of the best photo reviews I ever read. Well done; looks like you had a great time, hiccups and all. Looking forward to reading the rest.

Everyone is right you do a wonderful job. I love all the pics..

Thanks

Your review is very nicely done. I don't think I've ever posted to the Disney boards as I don't cruise on Disney (I have no children), but every so often, I go to other boards when there is nothing new on the Carnival or RCI boards. I read a lot of reviews with photos on the Carnival board (some of the posters are really very good at it). Your review is stellar and rates right up there with some of the best photo reviews I ever read. Well done; looks like you had a great time, hiccups and all. Looking forward to reading the rest.

I have read some of the Carnival reviews too. Some are fantastic.

The pictures that you took of the Golden Mickeys were amazing! What type of camera did you use?

Thanks. I have a Canon 50 D I used a Tamron 75-300 mm telephoto lens for those pictures.

I can’t say enough about the Cruella part of the show. She was so amazing and I just wanted to get up and dance

cruella.jpg

cruella1.jpg

cruella2.jpg

I took a LOT of pictures of her…but look at her expressions…she was great!

cruella3.jpg

cruella4.jpg

Archived