A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

jenseib

gmickey9.jpg

gmickey10.jpg

gmickey11.jpg

gmickey12.jpg

gmickey13.jpg

The show was fabulous. All 3 of us loved it.

As we were getting ready to go I got a tap on my shoulder. The couple behind us asked me what kind of camera I had, what lens I shot with and what mode, etc. They said they could see my pictures on my screen and were loving them. They had a similar camera but didn’t bring their telephoto lens. It kind of made me feel good that they liked what I shot too.

We still had time before dinner, so I decided to get Claire’s picture taken by the photographer, so we headed towards the Atrium.

As we walked into the Atrium we ran into Aurora doing a walk around!

ameetwithaurora.jpg

aurorameetandgreet.jpg

The photographers were getting ready to start so we hopped in line…well we made the line because we were first!

Claire did a little dancing and twirling while we waited.

dancing.jpg

twirling.jpg

Then I realized that Claire’s hair looked horrid. So I took out her braid and did the finger comb thing and tried to make it slightly presentable.

It was then time to get pictures. As they took some of Claire, I would randomly take a few too. Of course I don’t have all the fancy flashes and was doing it quickly so they wouldn’t tell me no…so mine aren’t so great.

claireportrait.jpg

As you can see by the photo shoot pictures, I had not yet changed for dinner. (Why I waited, I don’t remember) We decided to head back to the room to get ready. Of course we stopped for a few pictures on the way.

admiraldonandclaire.jpg

walkthroughthebars.jpg

stopandlook.jpg

We headed back to the room and I changed. Claire had been complaining that her dress was really itchy. I was going to put a shirt under it, but when Mom took it off her we saw he skin was very red and blotchy so we just changed her completely. In the future we will always put a shirt under this dress.

We still had a bit of time so we wandered through the shops. I had to buy a sweatshirt for a fellow Diser. She had been on the cruise a few weeks prior and bought one for herself, but her Mom ended up not getting one and regretted it ever since. So she asked if I would pick one up for her. The one she wanted was no longer available in bigger sizes, but they had a similar one in a different color, so I purchased that right away so I wouldn’t forget to later on.

We headed then towards Enchanted Garden.

enchantedgarden.jpg

enchantedgate.jpg

Word to the wise…don’t get to Dinner early or even on time…You WILL wait. We got there about 5 minutes late and still had to wait to be seated. I would suggest getting there about 10 minutes late and you will next to no wait.

Our table was right by the doorway.

roundtable.jpg

The place was beautiful.

artsymickeyfountain.jpg

mickeycupid.jpg

tuliplight.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Glad all ended up working out for you! I was wondering how well did it work out for you doing the three night cruise and hitting some of the parks as well? I am hoping to book a Disney cruise very soon and it would be great to get your opinion on a few things. I have been to Disney 4 times but never on a cruise. My two girls, ages 5 and 7 have done neither one and my husband has been to Disney twice. So I was wondering if we should split our trip up and do part cruise and part DisneyWorld (?) Because I work in the schools, I am only allowed to take so many days off in a row, up to three sick days the first week and three personal days the second week or vice versa, but not 7 consecutive days in a row. With that in mind and to avoid the overcrowdedness of the holidays like Christmas and Easter where I have a whole week or more off , I thought maybe we would do a cruise in October of 2012. However, again with the amount of consecutive days off I can take, I can only do a three day cruise as they are the only ones that fall on a Thurs. IF we split our trip, what parks at DisneyWorld would you recommend to take our daughters? We would have about two full days to spend at the parks and of course one of them would be the Magic Kingdom. Do you recommend another day there or another park like the Animal Kingdom? Also, which deck would you recommend in terms of quietness and did you have a good experience with yours? I really want my girls to have a little taste of both since they haven't done either but I also want to go on the cruise as well since I haven't done that. Thanks so much!

Thanks for sharing! Glad all ended up working out for you! I was wondering how well did it work out for you doing the three night cruise and hitting some of the parks as well? I am hoping to book a Disney cruise very soon and it would be great to get your opinion on a few things. I have been to Disney 4 times but never on a cruise. My two girls, ages 5 and 7 have done neither one and my husband has been to Disney twice. So I was wondering if we should split our trip up and do part cruise and part DisneyWorld (?) Because I work in the schools, I am only allowed to take so many days off in a row, up to three sick days the first week and three personal days the second week or vice versa, but not 7 consecutive days in a row. With that in mind and to avoid the overcrowdedness of the holidays like Christmas and Easter where I have a whole week or more off , I thought maybe we would do a cruise in October of 2012. However, again with the amount of consecutive days off I can take, I can only do a three day cruise as they are the only ones that fall on a Thurs. IF we split our trip, what parks at DisneyWorld would you recommend to take our daughters? We would have about two full days to spend at the parks and of course one of them would be the Magic Kingdom. Do you recommend another day there or another park like the Animal Kingdom? Also, which deck would you recommend in terms of quietness and did you have a good experience with yours? I really want my girls to have a little taste of both since they haven't done either but I also want to go on the cruise as well since I haven't done that. Thanks so much!

I'm a person who loves to be on the go while on vacation, so I had no problem going to the parks after the cruise.

We hit Magic Kingdom the the Sunday we disembarked. They had etra magical hours till 3 AM that day if you stayed on property, and Claire and I stayed till 2:45.

The next day we hit Sea World and change hotels as well. Then we went to Epcot on Tuesday. I would say if I have only 2 parks to visit, it would be Mk and Epcot. AK would be my third choice. The bad thing about AK is that it closes early, so if you don't get there early enough and want to have a full park day, then you will miss out on some things. AK is Skip's least favorite park, so most of the time we only go for 1/2 a day. I really want to go one day, all day by myself and enjoy everything I miss and get some great pictures.

If you need any details, go ahead an PM me and I can give you my email address too.

We soon met our fabulous Servers, Brent and Srdjan. Srdjan called Claire a Princess right from the start and she instantly was his biggest fan!

enchantedrolls.jpg

Claire colored while we waited for our food. She was going to do the Dine and Play…meaning her food would come faster and then she would leave early to go to the kids club.

colringenchanted.jpg

morecoloringenchanted.jpg

Our food came and it was delicious!

lobsterravioli.jpg

enchantedmealclaire.jpg

Archived