A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

jenseib

fullfountain.jpg

Mom and I decided to go back to the shops and look some more. We didn’t have much time before dinner. I knew I wanted to get a sweatshirt for myself ( I have a bit of a sweatshirt obsession) , but I wanted to take my time and look around at all the options. I ended up getting the same one that I bought my Dis friend. It was cute and my style and it said Inaugural on it!

This is what I got!

frontsweatshirt.jpg

backsweatshirt.jpg

insidesweatshirt.jpg

I found one I liked for Claire as well and got that for her…..which I guess was a mistake, because she then knew we had gone shopping without her and then she didn’t ever want to go to the kids clubs anymore because she was afraid we would do something fun without her. She wasn’t upset with us, nor did she ever make a big deal about it, but I figured it out after awhile when she would ask what we were going to do if she went to the club.

clairessfront.jpg

clairesssback.jpg

iclairesssinside.jpg

I looked at the Cruise Dooney and Bourkes. I wasn’t too sure about them. They seem to be shiny with a vinyl type coating. They just weren’t doing it for me at the time. I didn’t like the shiny coating and very few were “normal”. I don’t remember if Mom made any purchases. We were both on our own roaming in and out of the different shops. I know she had things in her hand and then she would put them back, so I can’t remember if she actually made a purchase or not that evening.

We headed back to the room once again. We arrived to find our beds turned down, with a towel Animal on the main bed. They had also brought down the bunk bed in the ceiling. I had just planned to have Claire sleep with me, but I figured she would rather sleep on the bunk, which she did when she saw it.

Again, I noticed my excursion tickets still had not shown up, so I was glad I had them reprinted earlier. Our room was always clean and nice, but I just didn’t think our steward was the best. There was something that happened later on that kind of made me dislike him a bit more. (I think it was a him! LOL). He seemed to not leave everything we were supposed to have and almost seemed like he tried to do the minimum amount.

towelsearay.jpg

stingray.jpg

stingraytowel.jpg

My plan was to go exploring and perhaps check out the night clubs/bars. I grabbed the wave phone to take along and realized there was a text. Claire was ready to be picked up. She had only been there over an hour. I was shocked. I have to also add that I am very new to texting. I got a Droid in Aug and that was the first user friendly phone I ever had, so it was the first phone I actually texted with for the most part. This phone was not user friendly. I had a heck of a time figuring out how to use it…..and it didn’t have a texting keyboard, so I would NEVER be able to actually text someone with it. I didn’t see directions anywhere, though I didn’t look hard either, so I really had no clue how to use it to even make a call. I think we kind of put our heads together and figured it out, but we never really used it for the most part.

So off to the kids club I went to find Claire. I had to walk through a bit of it to actually find her. She looked to be having a fabulous time. She was holding a paper she had colored and they were getting ready to play a game. But as soon as she saw me, she was ready. I asked her if it was fun, and she said yes, but she was missing us. That’s fine, but I was still a little shocked to find that I was more fun than this fabulous club.

I did NOT take pictures of the club. It was filled with kids and I wasn’t sure what the policy was, so I didn’t bother. It was so COOL inside though. I think I want to spend an afternoon there!

Claire and I decided to go up to the top decks and see how the weather was.

At some point and time during the evening the Captain had made an announcement about being on our way and stated that we would have very rough seas as we moved out of the storms. I have to say, this was extremely smooth sailing, and I don’t know if we missed the rough seas, or if the stabilizers really make that much of a difference. I have been on rough seas on both of my previous cruises and you could FEEL it. You would stumble or rock every so often and I even felt a little queasy at times, but I never had this on the Dream.

When Claire and I arrived up top we noticed nice weather. Breezy, but warm and the pools were open. First thing out of her mouth…I want to swim!

Ok, I told her lets walk around a bit and take in the ship…and a few pictures and then we’ll get her suit on. Sounds like a plan and she agreed!

quaduckatnight.jpg

logoonfunnel.jpg

funnels.jpg

aquaducktunnel.jpg

We cut through Cabanas on our way back to our room.

mosiactielsatcabanas.jpg

mosiacmural.jpg

sandpicture.jpg

sandpicture1.jpg

When we got back to the room, Mom was shocked that Claire was going to swim at such a late hour…I think it was at least 11 then. But I knew it was better to get that swim bug out of her than arguing about it all night. I told Claire it would be a short swim and she was happy with that.

Up the elevator we went!

uptheelevator.jpg

There were only a handful of children in the pool. Claire basically had it to herself for the most part. She had a blast. Toy Story was playing on the big pool screen so I watched the end of that while she swam….and of course randomly took pictures.

I seem to have an obsession of taking pictures of the Aqua Duck sign.

litupaquaduck.jpg

nightaquaducksign.jpg

Toys Story ended and I told Claire to do one last splash and it was time to go to bed. We were going to have another very busy day tomorrow.

We got dressed in our jammies and Claire climbed into her bunk.

Look at those bloodshot eyes!

bedtimeinbunk.jpg

I closed the curtain divider between me and Mom and Claire. I wanted to write up notes about the day…but that only lasted a few minutes. The long day was catching up to me FAST. This bed was just as comfy as the one at Residence Inn. Soon I just gave up and went completely out for some much needed sleep.

It was a wonderful first day on the Ship. We did a lot. Not everything we had planned on doing, but we still had fun and made the best of a rainy day.

Your camera takes AMAZING night shots! Crisp and tack sharp. What camera did you use? Are you editing in Photoshop or some other program? Using noise reduction? What ISO are shooting in, if you know?

Sorry for all the questions but those shots of the AquaDuck are awesome!

Those night shots remind me of why I like Disneyland at night so much. Everything is lit beautifully (and it's cooler)

I would love to visit DL some day. It looks so pretty.

Your camera takes AMAZING night shots! Crisp and tack sharp. What camera did you use? Are you editing in Photoshop or some other program? Using noise reduction? What ISO are shooting in, if you know?

Sorry for all the questions but those shots of the AquaDuck are awesome!

Thanks. I used a Canon 50D. I am using photoshop for editing. I shoot in Manual usually. I didn't use the noise reduction for many pictures as it's not really that good anyways. Probably about 10 maybe? I shot the shows in 3200 ISO.

Day 3 ~ April 1st, Friday

Who’s the fool now? LOL! …..Ok, no one was, but I just wanted to say that since it was April Fools day!

I woke up around 6 AM…very rested and feeling refreshed.

This was the Navigator for the day.

navigatprday2pg1.jpg

day2pge2.jpg

daypg3.jpg

day2pg4.jpg

I got dressed and headed out for some picture taking.

Carpet by the elevator.

carpetbyelevator.jpg

He was out in the Elevator/Stairway hall by Cabanas.

pelican.jpg

The weather was fabulous, but windy. I tried to capture the sun rise. Not so good. At first I thought my focus was messed up.

sunrisefoggedlens.jpg

Then I tried a picture of the Waves sign and bar.

wavesfoggysign.jpg

Not much better….then it hit me…my lens was fogging up in the heat.

I found a spot to sit near the hot tub, wiped the lens off and waited for it to get used to the different temperature. I had brought my notebook along, so I wrote some more notes while I sat there.

I did a couple of test tries on the hot tub every so often.

hottub.jpg

After a few tries, it finally did clear up and I decided to walk around more and take some more shots.

roundbarrlechairs.jpg

dreampreserver.jpg

slipperywhenwet.jpg

Notice the plexi glass around the top of the ship. This really blocks the wind and makes it more comfortable up top.

roundsofa.jpg

I went on the other side of the plexi glass for this one. It’s the teen area. It was SUPER windy. It about knocked me over. I had a hard time standing in one spot to get this shot.

teenarea.jpg

After my picture and exploring tour I went back through Cabanas and grabbed a plate of food for Claire and I, and took it back to the room. Mom was awake when I got back.

We were getting near port, so Mom and I stood out on the Verandah and took in the scenery.

bluewater1.jpg

LAND HO!

landho.jpg

thereland.jpg

lifeboatrow.jpg

bahamas.jpg

Archived