Wedding Review, Ruby Princess, 04/17

Yep it has a chapel. Whether you can use it all depends on your guest list. It will only fit so many.

I really detest the color scheme of the chapel. It's a kind of rose and teal theme. I guess they think it's soft and romantic, I just think "hello, 1990 wants it's colors back" :rolleyes:

You still just get the fake flame aisle decorations, and the two pedestals with flower arrangements in the chapel. And the windows are quite small.

That's why we chose a lounge. We didn't pick skywalker's they pick for you if you decide against the chapel. You could probably request a specific lounge/bar, but in the end they pick based on your guest size and what kind of music you want.

We were looking for the big ocean views and the warm atmosphere that the lounges have with all the wood. Skywalker's didn't give me quite the atmoshpere I was looking for, that old school pub vibe, but it did have huge windows, and was completely private. The Wheelhouse would've given me the vibe, but not as great views.

Yep it has a chapel. Whether you can use it all depends on your guest list. It will only fit so many.

I really detest the color scheme of the chapel. It's a kind of rose and teal theme. I guess they think it's soft and romantic, I just think "hello, 1990 wants it's colors back" :rolleyes:

You still just get the fake flame aisle decorations, and the two pedestals with flower arrangements in the chapel. And the windows are quite small.

That's why we chose a lounge. We didn't pick skywalker's they pick for you if you decide against the chapel. You could probably request a specific lounge/bar, but in the end they pick based on your guest size and what kind of music you want.

We were looking for the big ocean views and the warm atmosphere that the lounges have with all the wood. Skywalker's didn't give me quite the atmoshpere I was looking for, that old school pub vibe, but it did have huge windows, and was completely private. The Wheelhouse would've given me the vibe, but not as great views.

Awesome! Thanks for all of the info! I checked out all of the wedding cams and don't really like any of the chapels. When I spoke to someone at TWE they said if we have it somewhere other than the chapel I would have to purchase any decorations I wanted because they don't provide any for free outside of the chapel. Is that correct?

I purchased nothing as far as decorations, it was all provided. Admittedly it wasn't much. You've seen the photos. But I didn't have a destination wedding so that I could jam a space with flowers, and you can't have real candles on a boat. I just wanted ocean views, but indoors, cuz I like air conditioning and my hair not being blown away by wind.

Also unless you want to pay crazy prices for upgrades through the cruise line you would have to pack everything on the boat yourself. And if you are traveling by plane that would mean crazy checked luggage fees.

I swear TWE just makes **** up sometimes. Everything that is listed in the "At Sea" package was there in Skywalker's.

I purchased nothing as far as decorations, it was all provided. Admittedly it wasn't much. You've seen the photos. But I didn't have a destination wedding so that I could jam a space with flowers, and you can't have real candles on a boat. I just wanted ocean views, but indoors, cuz I like air conditioning and my hair not being blown away by wind.

Also unless you want to pay crazy prices for upgrades through the cruise line you would have to pack everything on the boat yourself. And if you are traveling by plane that would mean crazy checked luggage fees.

I swear TWE just makes **** up sometimes. Everything that is listed in the "At Sea" package was there in Skywalker's.

Oh ok, well that makes me feel better. :) Thanks!

I just now read this! Sounds like you had a blast! I was like you in the beginning of my planning, very easy going. But the closer i get, the more i am deciding i want things my way. But still easy going about a lot of things.

Glad to hear about the ships hair spray, i will make sure to bring my own!

Also, you had mentioned about the makeup and them asking you to put on ur own foundation. Now, i wear no makeup at all! (i know, horrible right?!). I am hoping they will do my makeup for me, but i will need them to do it all! Also, was hoping they would put a lil makeup on my tattoo on my back to cover it a lil, do you think that would be possible? If not, i'll just talk to photographer and ask them to photoshop it out, It's a lil tacky :-)

I love your dress! you looked stunning and i LOVE your pictures! You guys look like a fun couple!!

Thanks so much for this review and congrats!!

I just now read this! Sounds like you had a blast! I was like you in the beginning of my planning, very easy going. But the closer i get, the more i am deciding i want things my way. But still easy going about a lot of things.

Glad to hear about the ships hair spray, i will make sure to bring my own!

Also, you had mentioned about the makeup and them asking you to put on ur own foundation. Now, i wear no makeup at all! (i know, horrible right?!). I am hoping they will do my makeup for me, but i will need them to do it all! Also, was hoping they would put a lil makeup on my tattoo on my back to cover it a lil, do you think that would be possible? If not, i'll just talk to photographer and ask them to photoshop it out, It's a lil tacky :-)

I love your dress! you looked stunning and i LOVE your pictures! You guys look like a fun couple!!

Thanks so much for this review and congrats!!

I don't think that regular makeup will cover up a tattoo very well. You may just want to get some tattoo coverup to have whenever you may want it. Here's a link to a whole package for $40.00 with free shipping.

http://www.tattoocosmetics.com/

I'm sure you can find it online for even cheaper than that! :)

Yeah I agree regular makeup won't cover a tattoo. My friend covered hers with the special makeup for her day, but ended up wiping it off half way through. It annoyed her, and was rubbing off anyway. I'd buy the special stuff if you want, or just use photoshop.

When I went for my consultation with the wedding planner, she informed me that they do makeup, but don't advertise. But it wasn't like they have all the tools available or an extensive selection of makeup. The stylist that did it was fabulous, she did a great job. But she used a lot of my own makeup, and some of my brushes. It's almost like she was trained but that Princess doesn't want to invest in making them actual makeup artists. So they have to scrape together what they can using your and their makeup. I'm not sure what she would have said if I couldn't do my own base.

All I am sure of is that you should bring makeup with you cuz you never know what they'll have. And to be honest I would be prepared to do it yourself, because this could vary ship to ship.

What ship are you going to be on??

Yeah I agree regular makeup won't cover a tattoo. My friend covered hers with the special makeup for her day, but ended up wiping it off half way through. It annoyed her, and was rubbing off anyway. I'd buy the special stuff if you want, or just use photoshop.

When I went for my consultation with the wedding planner, she informed me that they do makeup, but don't advertise. But it wasn't like they have all the tools available or an extensive selection of makeup. The stylist that did it was fabulous, she did a great job. But she used a lot of my own makeup, and some of my brushes. It's almost like she was trained but that Princess doesn't want to invest in making them actual makeup artists. So they have to scrape together what they can using your and their makeup. I'm not sure what she would have said if I couldn't do my own base.

All I am sure of is that you should bring makeup with you cuz you never know what they'll have. And to be honest I would be prepared to do it yourself, because this could vary ship to ship.

What ship are you going to be on??

Well, crap! I'm going to be on carnival. I was planning on them doing my makeup, because i wear none and own nothing.... Most makeup i wear is chapstick-which i'm addicted to! I need to work on that aspect, or i'm going to be screwed on my wedding!

Also, i guess i'll just ask the photographer to photoshop out my tattoo. I tried the Davids Bridal makeup when i was the bridesmaid for my friends wedding and it was CRAP. I'd hate to pay $40 on some other kind of tattoo makeup and it to turn out the be the same! If it can't be photoshopped, i guess i'll just suck it up and deal with the tattoo being in the picture. It's something that's going to be there forever anyways....

Well if you're with Carnival, then who knows. Everything varies by cruise line. A tattoo can definitely be photoshopped out.

Unless you can get confirmation from someone on the cruise line I would be prepared to do it. I would just hate for you show up expecting it to be available, and then it's not.

I'm not sure what they have in the states, but up in Canada if you go to a MAC or Sephora store they will do a makeover/tutorial and you can purchase the makeup they used.

Archived