What is your favorite "People Watching" activity?

Catrin

Just for fun, dreaming of our next cruise...

What is your favorite People Watching activity?

The one that comes to mind for us, is the very first afternoon. After our Lido Lunch, and before our cabin is ready... we love to watch the newbies arrive on the Lido Deck... in awe of everything....

Then>> watch them gladly accept a Drink of the Day from one of the Bar Servers!

Then>> watch them look at each other when they realize those drinks are NOT FREE and the Waiter wants their newly acquired Sail and Sign Card! Welcome to Cruising!

:)

Catrin

I like to sit at the lobby bar and watch the first timers walk onto the ship at embarkation. Then at night, the disco. I've always said it's the best unplanned show on the ship.

Had to edit to add the pier runners!

Mine is watching the pier runners in Cozumel.

Absolutely! Especially for those ships who leave Cozumel late at night. It is amazing what a night at Carlos and Charlies can do!

I love sitting in the Atrium bar area - pre-dinner - get to see lots of 'interesting' outfits and people (like the lady wearing a fur wrap on my last CARIBBEAN CRUISE!!!).....and sometimes the music is nice to listen to as well! :D

The one that comes to mind for us, is the very first afternoon. After our Lido Lunch, and before our cabin is ready... we love to watch the newbies arrive on the Lido Deck... in awe of everything....

Then>> watch them look at each other when they realize those drinks are NOT FREE and the Waiter wants their newly acquired Sail and Sign Card! Welcome to Cruising!

Catrin

I was one of those newbies once, and you just totally described me. My first cruise was on Ecstasy, which was even then a small ship by today's standards, and I was in awe of the ship, mainly because of the "old vegas" decor. Then I gladly accepted that "Welcome aboard" drink and was shocked when I had to pay for it. Even worse, I kept getting more and paying more for the souvenir cups not knowing I could get much cheaper drinks. This was before I ever knew about Cruise Critic, and now I know better. :-)

I like to grab a cocktail and plant my booty on a chair by Customer Relations and take a drink every time their is a complaint:eek:.

Quickest buzz I ever get:D:D...

It's also really fun watching people complain to Guest Relations about their bills at the end of the cruise.:D

Catrin

Haha! You described my first moments on the Fascination to a T!

I love to watch those folks who are running down the pier, getting back late to the ship, and also those who are blissfully unaware that they are late, and are just strolling along until the ship's horn sounds, and they get the idea and start moving...:D

Poolside. Hot weather. Need I say more?

Ewww-- no thanks! Speedos should be against the law. Just sayin':p

I love watching people and how they interact with one another. I could be having the WORST day, however, when I see an old couple walking by and holding hands, rays of sunlight just suddenly appear.

We enjoy sitting on the promenade on the comfy couches in the evenings. Watching everyone all dressed up and then a little later in the night, watch them stumbling down the corridor, lol.

The most fun I ever had people watching was one night when the seas were a tad on the rough side, I sat at the end of a corridor and watched all the people coming out of the show. First they zigged right, then they zagged left, then they zigged right....It was absolutely hysterical.

I usually wake up early--even when I go to bed late--and I like to go to the Lido deck, get a cup of coffee and walk around outside. I often find people in deep though and contemplation and/or staff doing their work. That's the one part of a cruise that I find 100% genuine.

Archived