Long Bay Beach or Cane Garden Bay

True Texan

We will be in Tortola from 7 am until 3:30 pm. Since the ship is leaving so early, we are planning,just this one time, to take a ship excursion. The Bath's are out because of my dh's bad back and knee. We have found 2 excursions that go to beaches but don't know which beach is the nicest Long Bay Beach or Cane Garden Bay. I have read that CGB is crowded but what about Long Bay Beach?

• 4 weeks later...
We will be in Tortola from 7 am until 3:30 pm. Since the ship is leaving so early, we are planning,just this one time, to take a ship excursion. The Bath's are out because of my dh's bad back and knee. We have found 2 excursions that go to beaches but don't know which beach is the nicest Long Bay Beach or Cane Garden Bay. I have read that CGB is crowded but what about Long Bay Beach?

One thing I did notice regarding similar situations about crowded beaches is that folks didn't post how many other cruise ships were in port at the same time... If there are 2 or 3 other ships, than yes, it's going to be crowded...

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/ This link takes you to a site that allows you to see what other cruiselines are in port along with your ship... Pretty handy in planning excursions or beach time. I was able to find out that my ship will be the only one in Tortola and we will have the island to ourselves.

We are planning on grabbing an open-air taxi and taking a quick 'tour' of the island and then going to CGB or one of the other 'popular' beaches for the day. Not interested in dropping a stack of cash for something you can do on your own and save a hundred bucks or so... Grab a cab, find a nice beach with a bar/snack-shack and enjoy your day...

Archived