Laundry Options on Veendam

siebelqueen

You have several options.

The Veendam has self-service laundries. You can do your laundry the way you want, when you want. It costs $2.00 to wash, and $1.00 to dry. Detergent is provided; bring your own dryer sheets.

You can send laundry out "by the bag". There's a laundry bag that can be stuffed, and done for you for $20.

You can also purchase an "unlimited" plan where you can send as many bags as you want for one price. That price varies depending on the length of the cruise. The info on cost and signing up is available at the Front Desk.

You can also send things and be charged "per piece". This seems to be a very expensive way to get clothes clean.

You will be amazed how much that little bag can hold:p. We have really limited our packing (we each get one medium suitcase) on trip over three weeks due to the laundry bag.

We have never used the unlimited as we only give the ship our durable type items. I would be afraid anything non-durable would come back three sizes smaller. Anything delicate we wash in the sink.

Kirk

""The Veendam has self-service laundries. You can do your laundry the way you want, when you want. It costs $2.00 to wash, and $1.00 to dry. Detergent is provided; bring your own dryer sheet""

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When we were on the Veendam just before dry dock there were a couple of washers with shorter wash cycles that only cost $1. Worked just fine for our wash requirements. Also one dryer load could utilize the wash from two washer also working just fine.

The other alternatives work fine too, especially if you don't want to fight the "traffic" at the wash rooms.

One great thing about unlimited laundry, especially with a couple of small kids, is that you don't feel any pressure to fill the bag.

Come in from the day and clean up for dinner. Put the day's clothes in the bag, and send it off.

It doesn't matter if there's only a couple of things in it! :D

That way you haven't held up getting something back all nice and clean. I also have to wonder if smaller loads get done faster, too. Sometimes I send out a bag that has just my things for one day. The bag goes out at night, and I've gotten it back as early as the next morning.

I think the unlimited laundry sounds great. We'll be driving to the pier, and we were worried about how to fit all of our luggage, stroller, etc. in the car along with the four of us. It sounds like we can get away with packing a lot less than originally planned.

Thanks again for the great info!

• 3 weeks later...
I think the unlimited laundry sounds great. We'll be driving to the pier, and we were worried about how to fit all of our luggage, stroller, etc. in the car along with the four of us. It sounds like we can get away with packing a lot less than originally planned.

Thanks again for the great info!

We used the unlimited laundry on the Eurodam last May and it was a great option for us. My son and I will be using the unlimited option again on our next cruise in just about a week! The clothes were returned to us neatly pressed and folded in baskets or pressed and hung on hangers. Plus we didn't come home with all dirty clothes. And it smelled better in the room during our cruise (you know how it can get with teenage boys). :D

Diane

why spend a lot of precious cruise time doing laundry and when you can take advantage of the laundry service?

We ended up opting for the unlimited laundry, which included pressing of items such as dress shirts. The cost was $49 for the week. It took less than 12 hours to get our laundry returned, and we continued to send laundry up until the second to last day of the cruise. Most of our clothes came home clean. =)

Archived