Awesome Trip on the Epic 4/16 Western

dannyboy123

I am going to attempt a review as many were very helpful to me. I may not get very far so if you have a question please ask and I will try to answer. There is so many things to do on this ship so I had an 'epic bucket list" of things to do. I will let you know if these things met or exceeded my expectations. (All did with the exception of one...)

Day One-Embarkation was a breeze, got to terminal at 10:50 and on boat by 11:30. My hubby wanted to explore but I was getting itchy to get my pool chair (heard they get busier later). We got a seat at spice h20 on first level and had my first frozen drink...Ahhhh. Clean nice ship but really no WOW factor. Had to ask directions where the place was to store luggage and employee was not sure but then chased us down the hall to tell us after he found out (good service!). Ate at buffet at spice h20, salads awesome, bbq chicken, hot dogs etc. I jokingly pointed out a child or two here or there but after the first day a man in a yellow shirt stood at the enterance and kept them out.:o

Room was ready at 1:30 and we had ordered the romance package and had champagne and strawberries on our balcony. We had a spa room so that is when we discovered that when you get on the aft balcony spa deck on a big lounger you fall instantly into a blissful sleep. Pure heaven..exceeded expectations.

Wasabi was our dinner choice, good food however we had bought a wine package earlier and when we presented the ticket to have them bring us the wine they brought us a warm one. The bartender was very mad on the phone and quickly sent someone to get us a cold bottle of white wine. Wasabi-met expectaions

PUB CRAWL-Do it!! Lousy first couple of shots, but got better after a couple of beer games, so much fun..you will love Eddie Spaghetti Exceeded expectations. We ended up in spice h20 and had another contest and danced.

Osheehans- ended up here for a late night bite ordered the chicken wings and dip and chips and the bartender brought out fish and chips which actually was awesome cause it was on my "bucket list" They were good! Thought I would spend a lot more time at this place but ran out of time so I guess Osheehans just met my excpectations. We packed a lot in on day one, Thank goodness for spa naps!

Day 2 started with room service, coffee and fruit is the perfect wake up call. The room service was 10 mins early. Our room was spotless, had ice, nice comfortable bed and great balcony with two loungers and a chair on the deck!

Sea day and found seats in spice h20 at 9 am without a problem. Hubby tried out the gym (crowded he said but lots of machines). Lunch again at spice H20, which in addition to the other stuff listed they had yellow rice and some chicken dish.

Another awesome late afternoon spa nap and showered in spa too.

Tonight was Manhattan room, we got a great window seat around 7:15, we had Ice bar reservations at 8:40 (which we made on day 1 when they were walking around the pool deck asking if people wanted reservations!) so we asked them to rush a little and they did. Food was good I got fish which was on brown noodles, the fish was good but wasn't crazy about the noodles.

Ice Bar- It is COLD in there! I literally started shivering and got husbands coat too, then it was not so bad. MET Expectations..would Not want to bartend in there. Makes for a cute picture (photogs followed us in).

Blue Man Group-Very funny and cool but don't go too tired, I kept trying to doze but the show was too good I kept my eyes open...Exceeded expectations..which I could of gone again

Costa maya- we took bus and got off second stop in search of Steve at Tropicante. Easy to find. People very agressive trying to get u in there chair so we tried to get a chair at Tropicante but they were all reserved. Steve suggested that we go to the people to the right of him as they had ok food. El faro i think it was were more than happy to sit us under an umbrella with an ice cold beer $2. Water was warm, beach was hopping and lots of people selling but moved along if you said no.

Fernandos 100% agavae is where we had lunch, easy to find down a alley and turn right. This was incredible, sand on your feet under a hut. We had welcome shots, two margaritas a piece, chips with 3 dipping sauces and guacomolie. We shared one order of shrimp and fish tacos and it was perfect. He gave a a small coffee dinner drink after. The bill $20 us dollars!! Exceeded expt.

Massage above El faro or near it, 30 mins for 15 dollars, Nice for the price!!

We walked along the beach, lots of shops, bought a cute, white sundress. Then we thought we would walk back but saw a taxi and hailed it and got back to epic for 3 dollar or was it two?? Took a dip in Hard rock hotel pool then on to the boat for a spa nap.

Cagneys-Just met expectations, loved the room and service but food was just not incredible. Shrimp cocktail was great as was the filet.

Newlywed game-try to get on if you can-great prizes and pretty funny. held at spice h20

Costa maya- we took bus and got off second stop in search of Steve at Tropicante. Easy to find. People very agressive trying to get you into their chair so we tried to get a chair at Tropicante but they were all reserved. Steve suggested that we go to the people to the right of him as they had ok food. El faro i think it was were more than happy to sit us under an umbrella with an ice cold beer $2. Water was warm, beach was hopping and lots of people selling but moved along if you said no.

Fernandos 100% agavae is where we had lunch, easy to find down a alley and turn right. This was incredible, sand on your feet under a hut. We had welcome shots, two margaritas a piece, chips with 3 dipping sauces and guacomolie. We shared one order of shrimp and fish tacos and it was perfect. He gave a a small coffee dinner drink after. The bill $20 us dollars!! Exceeded expt.

Massage above El faro or near it, 30 mins for 15 dollars, Nice for the price!!

We walked along the beach, lots of shops, bought a cute, white sundress. Then we thought we would walk back but saw a taxi and hailed it and got back to epic for 3 dollar or was it two?? Took a dip in Hard rock hotel pool then on to the boat for a spa nap.

Cagneys-Just met expectations, loved the room and service but food was just not incredible. Shrimp cocktail was great as was the filet.

Newlywed game-try to get on if you can-great prizes and pretty funny. held at spice h20

Archived