Sandcastle Beach Review

Feelin' Nauti'

Our entire roll call posters decided to hang out at Sandcastle.

We reserved the chairs, umbrella and two rum punches for $25 ahead of time.

Taxi cost $6. Short ride from the cruise pier.

Beach was lovely.

I would suggest wearing water shoes due to the coral and broken shells near the shoreline.

IMG_0846.jpg

No beach vendors hounding you. Which was a delight.

Beach had tons of sea glass.

Don't be surprised to see a herd of horses run pass you.

IMG_0866.jpg

We had such an awesome time.

Highly recommend Sandcastle.

We were the only cruise ship in port and they ran out of umbrellas by noon.

So I advice you to reserve ahead of time.

Enjoy!

Thanks, we've got our reservation!. I assumed with just :)our ship in port there would be plenty of room, so thanks for the suggestion.

Our entire roll call posters decided to hang out at Sandcastle.

We reserved the chairs' date=' umbrella and two rum punches for $25 ahead of time.[/color']

Taxi cost $6. Short ride from the cruise pier.

Beach was lovely.

I would suggest wearing water shoes due to the coral and broken shells near the shoreline.

IMG_0846.jpg

No beach vendors hounding you. Which was a delight.

Beach had tons of sea glass.

Don't be surprised to see a herd of horses run pass you.

IMG_0866.jpg

We had such an awesome time.

Highly recommend Sandcastle.

Is it round trip $6 for the cab ride to sandcastle??

• 1 month later...
How do you make reservations for Sandcastle?

Here is their website

http://www.sandcastleonthebeach.com/CruisePassengerBeachDayPass.cfm

$5 Per Person

The Day Pass Includes:

Hotel Facilities Located On The Best Swimming Beach On St. Croix

Outdoor Shower

1 Lounge Chair Per Person

Restrooms

Restaurant & Bar on Premises

Fresh Water Sea Side Pool

Umbrellas are Available for $10 Each with purchase of 2 Beach Passes

** Special Beach Package **

2 Lounge Chairs, 1 Umbrella & 2 Rum Punch for $25

Reservations accepted for the Beach Day Pass by email or callEmail: info@sandcastleonthebeach.com or 1.800.524.2018

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a B2B on Serenade of the Seas and went to Sandcastle for the morning. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there and would loved to have stayed longer, but the sun was so intense and we'd gotten a bit too much the previous day. We found a lot of sea glass and shells which was fun. Just a relaxing morning at a beautiful beach. We walked there (about 15 minutes) and did the shuttle back to the ship. There were vendors all around the port area and a pharmacy which was helpful since we needed a couple of things. :)

We just returned from a B2B on Serenade of the Seas and went to Sandcastle for the morning. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there and would loved to have stayed longer, but the sun was so intense and we'd gotten a bit too much the previous day. We found a lot of sea glass and shells which was fun. Just a relaxing morning at a beautiful beach. We walked there (about 15 minutes) and did the shuttle back to the ship. There were vendors all around the port area and a pharmacy which was helpful since we needed a couple of things. :)

We would definitely prefer to walk to Sandcastle....can u give me some sort of directions? IE....left or right...lol...thx

brian

How much was the shuttle, where do you pick it up from, and how often does it run? Where there any unusual souveniers or artwork for sale at the pier? BTW, did Serenade allow lounges or have lounge chairs on the cabin balconies?

How much was the shuttle, where do you pick it up from, and how often does it run? Where there any unusual souveniers or artwork for sale at the pier? BTW, did Serenade allow lounges or have lounge chairs on the cabin balconies?

$6 pp shuttle (round trip).

Right outside the pier, to your right, you will see a desk and sign.

I read there is no sales tax in the US Virgin Islands. But I was wondering if there is a resort tax or service charge that gets added to the price of the Day Pass or Special Beach Package?

I paid CASH so no other charges were taxed on.

FYI ~ If you use your charge card you will be charged an International Fee.

I learned this the hard way. :( :mad:

I paid CASH so no other charges were taxed on.

FYI ~ If you use your charge card you will be charged an International Fee.

I learned this the hard way. :( :mad:

Good advice. I will pay cash too. Surprised there was an International Fee while you were on US territory. :eek: I was planning on charging any food we purchased at Sand Castle on a card, but will probably use cash for that now too. THANK YOU! I can't wait. Will be in St. Croix in less than 2 weeks!!! :D

Good advice. I will pay cash too. Surprised there was an International Fee while you were on US territory. :eek: I was planning on charging any food we purchased at Sand Castle on a card, but will probably use cash for that now too. THANK YOU! I can't wait. Will be in St. Croix in less than 2 weeks!!! :D

I wasn't on US Territory.

I booked a Catamaran tour in Tobago for my roll call group.

I put the whole bill on my charge. :eek:

Have an enjoyable time in St Croix.

Wish I was there now!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Was at Sandcastle Beach Resort last Thursday - loved it! We took a shuttle to and from - they leave from the resort back to the ship every 30 minutes.

We did not make reservations (we were the only ship in port and it never got very crowded) but we did get there pretty early - by 9:30. We paid $5 p.p. for a chair and $10 for an umbrella.

Bruno will then take good care of you regarding drinks and food. The food was yummy and the drinks were great!

We did not need to wear water shoes - the rocks and corral are large enough to just walk around them and we never had any issues. Really, don't worry about them at all. The water is wonderful, as is the sand. Pure heaven! I'd go again in a heartbeat.

Was at Sandcastle Beach Resort last Thursday - loved it! We took a shuttle to and from - they leave from the resort back to the ship every 30 minutes.

We did not make reservations (we were the only ship in port and it never got very crowded) but we did get there pretty early - by 9:30. We paid $5 p.p. for a chair and $10 for an umbrella.

Bruno will then take good care of you regarding drinks and food. The food was yummy and the drinks were great!

We did not need to wear water shoes - the rocks and corral are large enough to just walk around them and we never had any issues. Really, don't worry about them at all. The water is wonderful, as is the sand. Pure heaven! I'd go again in a heartbeat.

Thank you for your review. I had read a while back that people found sea glass all over. Then recently someone said there was none to be seen. Can you tell me if you saw any?

Thanx

Erika

Archived