And the prize for the best thomson cabin goes to?

I know that you all have your favourite ships but which Thomson ship in your opinion has the best basic cabins (not including premier or suites) as regards comfortable beds, wardrobe,draws and best use of the space available in the cabins. Been thinking about this as I know that the thomson customers are very truthful about these things. Will we be divided in our opinions or will there be a clear winner, interesting

Having had a balcony on Island Escape and this last time a suite on Spirit, the best cabin we have had is the deck 6 standard outside on the Dream last year.

We were on the 1st full weeks cruise after the tragic crash when Costa still owned her and the dry dock and ash cloud.

Despite all the other problems they were still sorting out on the ship the cabin was huge for a standard. We had loads of wardrobe space, a big, comfy, double bed and a sofa and full lenght mirrors . And in the bathroom we actually had a bath with a shower over.

Berwyn

Only been on Celebration and Destiny and it has to be Celebration for us - Destiny should be renamed DesTINY - for good reason.

We've been on deck 3 inside and outside on Celebration and both spacious and loads of wardrobe space and room to move in the cabin.

Went in an inside cabin on Destiny thinking it'd be the same size as Celebration and took Mother Inlaw in with us and it was like a broom cupboard. We managed to get a second cabin after 5 days and had an outside cabin on deck 2 aft - OMG it was so noisey we actually shook in our beds not because of the waves but because of the engine noise/vibrations. We had cabin 2173 and the further back you went along the coridoor the louder the noise was, even with ear plugs in it was LOUD.

I think you can guess we love Celebration lol

Haydrew

:)

only have Destiny and Dream to compare but dream wins by a MILE as the outside plus deck 7 cabin we had - while not a standard - was almost twice the size of the inside deck 2/3 standard cabins we have had on Destiny - 3 of us in those tiny cabins can get a bit much after a week but id have cheerfully stayed a month on Dream as there was plenty space - a proper sofa bed for Tom (compared to the pull down bunk on Destiny) and a huge double bed for us, a bath as well as shower and loads of hanging space and drawers. not to mention the added bonus of a window.

we have a standard outside deck 3 on destiny for aug so will be interesting to see if there is any difference other than the window to the inside deck 2/3's we have had before.

Hi there

I have been on the Spirit and Dream. I loved the cabin on the spirit the best. I was on deck 3 422 and the cabin had loads of space. The dream was ok but not enought space for clothes and stuff. but then i had a bath so that was a bonus.

we have a standard outside deck 3 on destiny for aug so will be interesting to see if there is any difference other than the window to the inside deck 2/3's we have had before.

(see my original post above yours to understand what I'm rabbiting on about lol)

The cabins are the same size as the inside, same amount of storage space BUT it feels bigger because the beds are in an L shape. Request to be as far forward as you possibly can - or pay to pre book your cabin if you have to if you can get as far forward as you can - ours was incredibly loud and got worse the further back you went :(

Just looked on the deck plans for deck 3 and we were originally in cabin 3072 an inside cabin and it was quiet as anything in there, no engine noise and not much through traffic in the corridor. So if you can pre book from cabins 3070 downwards to 3014 or on the other side of the ship 3069 down to 3013 I reckon you'll be fine. If you can book cabin 3070 or 3069 you will definitely have a quiet cabin with no engine noise and you're right close to the lifts so quicker to get from a2b. Definately well worth the £39 to pre book your cabin IMHO after our experience.

Haydrew

(see my original post above yours to understand what I'm rabbiting on about lol)

The cabins are the same size as the inside, same amount of storage space BUT it feels bigger because the beds are in an L shape. Request to be as far forward as you possibly can - or pay to pre book your cabin if you have to if you can get as far forward as you can - ours was incredibly loud and got worse the further back you went :(

Just looked on the deck plans for deck 3 and we were originally in cabin 3072 an inside cabin and it was quiet as anything in there, no engine noise and not much through traffic in the corridor. So if you can pre book from cabins 3070 downwards to 3014 or on the other side of the ship 3069 down to 3013 I reckon you'll be fine. If you can book cabin 3070 or 3069 you will definitely have a quiet cabin with no engine noise and you're right close to the lifts so quicker to get from a2b. Definately well worth the £39 to pre book your cabin IMHO after our experience.

Haydrew

we have prebooked as we are a family so need one of the few 3 birth cabins - we are forward on starboard side almost at the front - limited choice of 3 bed outside cabins and didnt want to be at the back!! Im assuming the beds are not an L shape either as its a 3 berth (and it doesnt say L on the deck plan) - but who knows!

we have prebooked as we are a family so need one of the few 3 birth cabins - we are forward on starboard side almost at the front - limited choice of 3 bed outside cabins and didnt want to be at the back!! Im assuming the beds are not an L shape either as its a 3 berth (and it doesnt say L on the deck plan) - but who knows!

just found this

http://*********************thomson-destiny/cabins

it's iglu cruise dot com/ that's blocked out.

Outside cabins have two single beds in an L-shaped or parallel configuration as pictured. Three berth cabins have twin beds and one upper berth which folds down. Every air-conditioned outside cabin also has wardrobe space, a picture window or porthole, en suite bathroom with shower and WC, colour TV, music system and safety deposit box.

it looks like it's going to be the same as before :s

Largest cabin we've had was on the Celebration - 821 deck 1 outside, twice. Loads of space though occasionally a little noisy when sailing as the bow breaks through the waves but nothing too serious. Smallest was on the Destiny but adequate nevertheless.

Sailing on the Dream tomorrow, deck 6/7 inside, so looking forward to it.

We cruised on the Celebration earlier this year and has an inside cabin. Deck 2. 705. It was great, L shaped beds, right next to the lift, which we didn't hear at all. We had nothing to compare it with as we had only cruised on the QE2. we had an outside cabin then, but the Celebration room was even better. No complaints from us and we would book that same room again.

Archived