Zip Lines

Shalee08

I posted a thread under Jamaica port, but hoping to get more feedback posting here also. I need the low down on zip lines.

Mystic Mountain vs Chukka vs H'Evan Sent

What is the differece in quality, length of time, ability, endurance, location (are all over jungle canopy)? I understand that most people wouldn't do all 3, but if someone would explain their experience with me on which one they used, I could compare each one and know which is the best value. The cost vaires greatly and would like to book soon. Thank you

I've only done Mystic Mountain. It is really GREAT! You ride a ski lift up with fantastic views of the mountains and ocean. There is a bobsled ride that is a lot of fun - you control the brakes yourself - and I basically didn't use them until the end when they tell you to brake - great ride! We went twice! There is a shop and snack bar up there. The zipline course is long with many lines and very high up in the jungle. You are taken along the course in a small group of maybe 8 people by 2 guides because they have to take you on and off the zipline. The ziplines have brakes on them, so you don't have to stop yourself. It's a double zipline so it is extra safe and there is also a controlled rappel at one point that is scary good fun! They will drop you quickly or if you really are scared, they will do it slowly. It is a long, long, long way down. Several in our group were scared and there is no way to back out or go around this rappel. I went first and they started lowering me slowly - I'm middle aged so I guess they thought I'd be scared (little did they know I'm a dare devil!), but I told them to drop me, so they did! It was really fun! My husband went slowly - he's afraid of heights. LOL! As I recall, there are some suspension bridges between zipline platforms. There is also a water slide area we didn't go on. We thoroughly enjoyed Mystic Mountain and would recommend it highly. I think we were there for at least 4 hours.

Archived