Southampton to St. Pancras questions

K3nn7

Il'e be disembarking QM2 on the 10th of may, and have a Eurostar booking for the 14:34 departure to Brussels. I wonder if anyone has any similiar experience in doing the same routing, and if i have provided myself enough time? What is the best way to do this routing?

Il'e be disembarking QM2 on the 10th of may, and have a Eurostar booking for the 14:34 departure to Brussels. I wonder if anyone has any similiar experience in doing the same routing, and if i have provided myself enough time? What is the best way to do this routing?

+++++

This suggestion is ONLY if you have easy to wheel luggage, the way I always travel.

++++++

Off ship by 10:30 latest and you will be okay. If you use self-help disembarkation, then much earlier.

Southwest Trains from Southampton Central to London Waterloo. Fast trains every half hour - 1hr 20 min and GBP 32.20 single fare.

Northern Line Underground to Euston and short walk east to St. Pancras

or

Northern Line to Piccadilly Circus and Piccadilly Line to St. Pancras/Kings Cross.

From leaving Southampton by train to arriving St. Pancras - 2.5 hours average.

+++++

This suggestion is ONLY if you have easy to wheel luggage, the way I always travel.

++++++

Off ship by 10:30 latest and you will be okay. If you use self-help disembarkation, then much earlier.

Southwest Trains from Southampton Central to London Waterloo. Fast trains every half hour - 1hr 20 min and GBP 32.20 single fare.

Northern Line Underground to Euston and short walk east to St. Pancras

or

Northern Line to Piccadilly Circus and Piccadilly Line to St. Pancras/Kings Cross.

From leaving Southampton by train to arriving St. Pancras - 2.5 hours average.

I'm planning on a light luggage trip as my QM2 trip is a relatively short one, and i also got a few more trains to catch after the Eurostar ride (final destination by train is Copenhagen). Thank you very much for your advice on the trains, i will probably go for the early self-help disembarkation to be on the safe side.

I'm planning on a light luggage trip as my QM2 trip is a relatively short one, and i also got a few more trains to catch after the Eurostar ride (final destination by train is Copenhagen). Thank you very much for your advice on the trains, i will probably go for the early self-help disembarkation to be on the safe side.

++++++

I made vitually this same trip in June - Eurostar to Brussels; IC to Rotterdam and overnight SS Rotterdam; ICE to Hamburg and two nights; via train and train ferry to Copenhagen and DFDS overnight to Oslo. Wonderful trip. Have a good journey.

++++++

I made vitually this same trip in June - Eurostar to Brussels; IC to Rotterdam and overnight SS Rotterdam; ICE to Hamburg and two nights; via train and train ferry to Copenhagen and DFDS overnight to Oslo. Wonderful trip. Have a good journey.

Ah, very cool! I'm doing the Eurostar to Brussels, ICE to Frankfurt, City NightLine to Copenhagen and finally DFDS to Oslo. Thank you :o

It would better maybe to go from Southamton to clampham junction, change trains to vauxhall and then just one tube into st pancras.

timne is just 2 hours for the whole journey and the cost is £35 ish, discounts maybe if you book well in advance, at least you only have one tube

It would better maybe to go from Southamton to clampham junction, change trains to vauxhall and then just one tube into st pancras.

timne is just 2 hours for the whole journey and the cost is £35 ish, discounts maybe if you book well in advance, at least you only have one tube

+++++

I hate changing at Clapham, too many platforms to navigate. One tube if to Euston then very short walk along Euston Road to St. Pancras. I have done this several times, and our inquirer said he has minimal baggage.

+++++

I hate changing at Clapham, too many platforms to navigate. One tube if to Euston then very short walk along Euston Road to St. Pancras. I have done this several times, and our inquirer said he has minimal baggage.

That is true, clapham has many platforms and a lot of stairs, waterloo is flat. I just hate the tube lol.

do spend a little time at st Pancras it is a beautiful station and the eurostar is a great ride

+++++

I would agree completely. And if the weather is bad, or one is feeling lazy, a taxi from Waterloo really isn't that expensive. One could get very wet walking from Euston to St. Pancras if the weather were unkind!

Archived