Navigator of the Seas aft cabins 7388 or 7382!!

jstpshe

BONNIE V....how come you have never tried the PRINCESS cruiseline?  I see you have tried a lot of ships??

...No particular reason. We just really like Royal Caribbean and tend to stick with them as a family cruiseline, but I occasionally do a "girls-only" cruise with some friends and we choose Carnival for those because it is more about the FUN! Every now and then I try something different just for the heck of it. Hubby and I may eventually do a Princess cruise if the right ship is going to the right location on the right week ;). Our favorite ships are the Voyager-class ships though and I haven't heard of any other cruiselines that have a product that seems to compare to that. I can't wait to sail on Freedom of the Seas! We LOVE the Royal Promenade!

Bonnie, only one more question, I promise (fingers crossed). Looks like we may have an opportunity to get a free upgrade and I'm wondering what the best choice for an aft JS is. We've got 9390 booked right now. After reading all this I really want to try the aft balcony cruising. RCI is supposed to call me back tomorrow morning and I want to have some choices ready. Any/all help appreciated! One other note, we've got an inside booked too for the kids so we'll need to have one of those nearby if we move decks.

1394 or 1694 would be your best aft JS cabins. How many kids are you bringing and how old are they? With the aft JS you have plenty of room, you could just have the kids stay in there with you and save all that money from the extra cabin! Just a thought!

Bonnie, thanks for your reply. Our children are DS 16 and DD 10. We were actually talking about this same scenario last night of all in one cabin. Since I'm not even sure what the RCI rep will be able to offer I guess I'll just talk through it with her later this morning. We really wanted to try the aft cabins this time mostly for the larger balcony and view of the wake. I'll let you guys know how it all turns out. I guess any upgrade that's free is a good deal so I'm just going to be happy and keep planning for a great week of fun :D even if it is next year.

spdfrk, if you are able to upgrade to one of those aft JS cabins on deck 10 that I mentioned you would have plenty of room for the 4 of you in that cabin! There would even be room for a rollaway so the kids don't have to share the sofabed. Of course, with 2 cabins you get 2 bathrooms which is also nice! The only problem with 2 cabins on deck 10 is that your inside cabin would not be right across from your aft cabin. The inside cabins closest to the aft cabins on deck 10 are triples so your kids would have to be booked in an inside cabin further down the hallway (it's not real far though...maybe about 40 or 50 feet away). Again, just something to think about.

Bonnie, thanks for all the information. I've gone back and tried to look at some of the pictures too. I'm not sure we want everyone in the same room even if we can fit ok. Our first cruise (earlier this month) worked out great with the kids having an inside across the hall. Two bathrooms, alone time for Mom and Dad, etc. I don't think it would be any problem for our kids to be down the hall a little ways. They really didn't spend much time in the cabin anyway, just to sleep and get ready. When they did have any down time they were in our cabin or on our balcony visiting. After the first couple of days on the Jewel they knew their way around the ship pretty well and would go off on their own to explore or hang out with friends. They were great about putting a sticky note on our door or leaving us a voice message to let us know where they were and if their plans had changed. Hopefully I'll be able to post some news on this later this morning.

Well for now, no changes :( but may get an upgrade later. It's a friends and family thing and based upon a work relationship. Won't know anything for sure until closer to cruise date and it will be based upon availability so probably won't get a choice of cabins. No matter, we'll be cruising and happy with or without an upgrade!

Well I've been checking the thread out to see if I can find out anything about these 2 cabins but found out nothing except that the aft cabin 7388 is right above where the crew members work and that with it being on the corner the view might be obstructed a little bit.

Is there anyone out there that can tell me about the noise level, view and or anything about this balcony, please?

I have checked out the sites that are on here showing corner aft cabins but the one I have on deck 7 looks like it as a little porthole so I'm really confused. Always got midship and now i'm really getting worried that I should'nt have gotten this cabin at all but ship is filling up fast.

I sure don't want to upset DH expecially when I booked this so soon in advance.

Please help, Have you had this cabin or the other one 7382 which is supposed to be a big picture window?

Thanks and have a great day!! CJ :) :)

Hello there old friend! I wondered what had happened to you! You should check into the old thread every once and a while, we still chat there. I have been emailing you and wondered why you haven't replied. According to Wendy's reply, I guess you are having problems with email. Chris and I are traveling to Britian (by plane) on May 29th. We are visitng Derek adn Chris (from our M&M on explorer) and friends we 4 ate with each night, they are from Ireland. I can't wait to see them! Glad to see you are doing Navigator. I am not sure if we are crusining this year, I was looking at NCL out of Houston over Thanksgiving. Maybe the next year. I want to do Aruba on Adventurer or maybe Freedom.

Email me when you get a chance. Miss ya!

Renee

Bonnie, we are booked on Mariner in October, along with friends we have the two port and starboard aft cabins on deck six, 6688 and 6388 I didn't see anything about them on the thread, and I am wondering how much the infrastucture will affect our view. Any other problems?

Love all your photo's of the aft cabins.

Kate.

Never having sailed in one of the deck 6 aft cabins I can not speak first hand, but I can honestly tell you that the structure is really just part of the view rather than obstructing the view. Being on deck six aft you have to look out to see the water rather than down but I don't really see that as a problem. You will still have a large balcony to enjoy and an awesome view.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We just booked 7688 and still not sure about the corner of the ship, does 7388 end at the corner or 7688 end on the corner , and can you see thru to 7388 from 7688? We love aft and have sailed Caribbean Princess, Radiance and Millie, all on the aft . Bonnie you are a treasure, those pics will help my wife alot. She doesnt want to hear about the balcony , just show her the pics. Again great job Oh. We are on the Mariner for next April !!!!!!!!!!

BOONITE,

These are from Romain Moisescot's fabulous album. Hopefully they will help answer any questions you may have regarding the balcony of 7688! You will love the balcony! It is HUGE! The cabin itself is a normal size, but the balcony will more than make up for any problems with space!

http://public.fotki.com/rccldesign/voyager-class/cabins/aftcabins/73887688/nv/

Bonnie and others- Thanks for all the info . I mail some photos to my wife , at work, every day and she is very very happy. If she's happy then Im Happy

And the Kids 25 & 24 ( really not kids) are right across the hall . THANKS GUYS & GALS

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank everyone who provided so much information on this thread. Found it on a Naviagator search and as a result just booked b2b for Feb 2007 and got cabin 1688. Particularly wanted to thank Bonnie Voyager for all of her outstanding posts and photos. I really appreciate your efforts.:)

Thanks Bonnie! I just scored #1688 on the Explorer 9-nt. Eastern for next summer--I was originally booked in #1674 and today was rechecking prices and availability and there it was. Of course, I immediately picked up the phone and changed my reservation! I'm soooo excited I can hardly stand it!!

Wow those pictures were great, I will be traveling your favorite ship, Explorers on 8-28-05 and I am counting down the days. I had an aft room last year although nothing like what you had. This year I have E2 Delux Oceanview (Balcony) 6th Floor. Can you suggest the best Balcony cabins, so that next year I can request something big like that.

• 2 months later...

Well just got back a few days ago.

I just loved my balcony cabin 7388. I was going to book 9390 (aft) but when I went to check it out on the Navigator it was so much smaller and had no roof to protect you from the sun and also people from the Windjammer could look down to see you so I booked 7388 again for next year for my cruise out of San Juan on Adventure of the Seas, but is there a better cabin than this one which is private, shaded and big that anyone can suggest I book?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's just my DH and me so I don't need to waiste extra money one a JS.

Thank you and have a great day! CJ :) :)

Well it looks like 7388/7688 cabins are great because of balcony and 1388/1688 are great because of the room space. Boy if I could only put those two together.

Help! Anyone, which is the best over all. I do like the starboard side. so which cabin is best 7388 or 1388? I need to call RCCl back before someone takes 1388 if thats better.

Thanks once again.

Have a great day! CJ :) :)

Archived