Navigator of the Seas aft cabins 7388 or 7382!!

jstpshe

Maggie, if you have a chance to get 1388 or 1688 definitely keep it! The cabins are almost twice the size of 7388/7688 and the balconies are huge too even though not quite as large as 7388/7688's balconies. You will have plenty of room for 4 passengers in 1388/1688 whereas I can not imagine squeezing 4 passengers in 7388/7688! (which is why RCCL has designated them as triples! There is no where to put the 4th passenger).

Kruz, thanks for the link! I will check out your photos and will be delighted to add some of them to my gallery!

Thanks. I didn't realize that 1388 and 7388 had different sized cabins. But I see from the deck plans that 1388 is "cut" differently.

It will be me, DH and our two girls - 13 and 10. They are small so I have no worries about being cramped up in 1388.

Maggie

Thanks. I didn't realize that 1388 and 7388 had different sized cabins. But I see from the deck plans that 1388 is "cut" differently.

It will be me, DH and our two girls - 13 and 10. They are small so I have no worries about being cramped up in 1388.

Maggie

Maggie, how far in advance did you book to get that cabin??

Maggie, as you now realize, there is a HUGE difference between 1388/1688 and 7388/7688. Of course, there is a difference in price too as they are different categories. 1388/1688 is the size of a Junior Suite for the price of a standard D1! You will be fine in there with 2 adults and 2 children! Even 4 adults could move around comfortably in 1388/1688! 7388/7688 is a much smaller cabin and would be fine for 2 adults, a bit tight with 2 adults and a child but workable, and very tight with 3 adults (but still worth the squeeze since you have that awesome balcony to escape to ;) ). Anyway, good luck! I hope you are able to grab one of those deck 10 aft/corner cabins! They go very quickly but are worth the effort!

Hi Bonnie,

I just booked our first aft 1388 on Voyager to Bermuda. I'm so glad I saw your post. It helped me make a selection. We our travelling for the first time with our 7 month old.

I know you said the cabin is bigger. Is the balcony on that cabin bigger than the other D1's as well? Can you fit lounge chairs on the balcony? With the baby being so young (naps and such) we will probably be spending a lot of time in our room and balcony.

Thanks for the help!

chwirl, you made a great choice! YES! The balcony is MUCH bigger than a standard D1 balcony! There will be 2 lounge chairs, 2 regulars chairs, and a small table on the balcony. You will have plenty of room! There is also a sunny area AND a shady area on the balcony so you can bring baby out there too! Here is a link to my photos of 1688 on Explorer. 1388 on Voyager will be exactly the same but will be a mirror image of my cabin (everything reversed)...

http://community.webshots.com/album/42736707mJbKZS

Enjoy!!!

Bonnie, I had fitful sleep last night worrying about cabin 1388 and whether being up that high will make me seasick. You and I have already had a conversation about this....all the seasick drugs just make me feel tired and sick to my stomach. UG....I'm really torn wondering if I should drop down a couple of decks and sacrifice that awesome cabin and view??? :( Maybe go for 7688 instead?? Do you think their would be much of a difference in motion b/t those decks?

ciship, don't change cabins!!!!! You will be fine!!!! I sail aft/top deck all the time and have never had any issue with movement except in rough water and then the whole darned ship is moving! I've never used any sort of seasick remedy either. Bring along some Ginger tablets though, and if you do hit rough waters just pop a couple! Ginger does an awesome job on upset stomachs and with no side effects (except an occasional Ginger burp ;)). Keep your cabin! You will be fine! I promise! :D

I have cabin 7688 for my up and coming cruise on the Voyager.

We are a party of 3 and I am sure we can make due with the size of the cabin.

Does anyone know if the sofa in the cabin is long enough to sleep on instead of the 3rd berth that comes down from above?

I originally had cabin 1688 but gave it up for this cabin instead because of the balcony.We are never in the cabin long but I figured since the balcony is so huge in 7688 we would enjoy this better.

I can't change it now but if someone can give me their thoughts. I'll sleep on the balcony if its too tight in there. :)

Also any pictures out there of the inside of the cabin I would appreciate.

I have only found 1 of the actual inside of cabin 7688 on webshots.com

Thanks alot

Carol

I have cabin 7688 for my up and coming cruise on the Voyager.

We are a party of 3 and I am sure we can make due with the size of the cabin.

Does anyone know if the sofa in the cabin is long enough to sleep on instead of the 3rd berth that comes down from above?

I originally had cabin 1688 but gave it up for this cabin instead because of the balcony.We are never in the cabin long but I figured since the balcony is so huge in 7688 we would enjoy this better.

I can't change it now but if someone can give me their thoughts. I'll sleep on the balcony if its too tight in there. :)

Also any pictures out there of the inside of the cabin I would appreciate.

I have only found 1 of the actual inside of cabin 7688 on webshots.com

Thanks alot

Carol

I'm sure Bonnie Voyager will tell you that cabin 7688 is fantastic, but she will probably also tell you that cabin 1688 is even BETTER! Right Bonnie??

Can anyone post photos of E-1 cabins including balcony? We've never sailed on RCCL but have sailed on Carnival and have had a balcony cabin and loved it. The E-1 cabins are the lowest priced cabins with balconies, correct? Supposedly they are 185 square feet in cabin size.

Thanks!

trvlexprt, tsk tsk tsk! You gave up 1688? :eek: I thought I had taught you all better than that ;)! 1688 has a huge balcony too and an awesome cabin!!! Okay, enough scolding, what's done is done ;)! You will enjoy 7688's balcony very much. The sofa in 7688 is a loveseat and does not open as a bed. It is not long enough to sleep on unless the person sleeping on it is about 3 feet tall. You could certainly take the mattress off of the pullman bed and drag it out on the balcony though! I don't know if the Steward would like that, but I'm sure it's been done before! Here is a link to what the pullman looks like in the open position...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48328219/660249

41BaGsZW

mnsawyer, the photo above is a category E1. Also, here are a few more links to some photos of the E1 cabins. They use to be call category DA/DB but they are the same as an E1/E2...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48328219/74767662HJsYOM

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48328219/64756050vMnLyA

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48328219/64756086ZjuRTE

Wow. BV you sure have some awesome pics and great info. I just looked at some of yours on another post and here you are over here as well. I for one appreciate it. It's a big help. Thanks much for it all.

You also seem to have mastered the art of posting links. I need help with that. I have some photos on webshots and would love to share them here. Can you advise? One Photo link. Several photos. One album. All possible albums that I have posted. Wow. I want a lot huh? Sure would appreciate any help you or anyone else wants to give. I don't want this thing to master me. I want to master it. :p Thanks to all who willingly give.

Ahh Bonnie, what would we do without you!! I'm always excited to see one of your postings.

I have decided when they FINALLY open up booking for summer 2006, I am going to shoot for 1688 or 1388 first. If those are gone, I'm going for 7688 or 7388. If those are gone, I'm going for 9690 or 8690. If those are gone I'm just going to get what I can get on the aft unless you have anything else to recommend??

Also, I was going to get my kids an inside room across the hall, but I noticed that two E1 cabins on aft isnt much different in cost as an E1 and an inside so I might as well have them next to us so we can look around the balcony and communicate if we need too!

Sound like a good plan???

I posted this before. Does anyone have pixs of the actual interior of these cabins? I have only found 1 on webshots.

I also am curious to know if the sofa in the cabin is long enough to sleep on instead of using the 3rd berth that comes down from above.

any info would be great!!!!

Thanks,

Carol

Ahhh, ciship, it pleases me to see how well you've learned! ;) I think your plan is right on target!

ILuvCruisin', let's see if I can explain how to link to your photos...

It is really just a cut-n-paste process. First, you have to go to your webshots album and "cut" the URL that is showing when you are on the page that you want to link (could be the photo album page, could be a specific photo). Then go to the Cruise Critic post that you want to add the link to and hit the reply button. At the top of the reply block you will see a little blue ball with a little gray "link" of chain in front of it. Click on that little blue ball and then "paste" your webshots photo album URL into the little window that pops up. At least that's how it works on my computer at home! On my work computer I have to actually paste the URL on the reply box before I click on the little blue ball and then have to select it again before pasting it into the window that pops up. Just use a little trial and error as it may be different on your computer. Maybe someone who is a better teacher will come along and explain it better! You can also insert some images directly into the post by clicking on the little yellow envelope at the top of the reply box, but Webshots photos can't be inserted directly which is why I have to use the links! Good luck young grasshopper! :D

trvlexprt, I thought I answered your question above. Did you see it? You can not sleep on the sofa of 7688/7388 unless you are a child. The photos I linked above are of cabins identical to 7688/7388. Also, here is a link to a whole gallery of photos of 7688/7388 on the various Voyager-class ships. I think there is at least one interior shot. But I can guarantee you that the inside of 7388/7688 is the same as any other category DA/DB or E1/E2 photo that you find. Once in the website linked below you will have to scroll down and select which ship you want to see...

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/onboard/photos/cabins/aft/73887688/73887688.html

You should check out the whole website! It has lots of neat photos!

for posting the question again. You answered me already. I am just so excited I forgot where I was when posting the second time around.

That is an excellent idea with taking the mattress down from above,although I would just lay it on the floor in the cabin and move the loveseat out side "hahahaha".

Anyhow thanks for the input.Im sure 7688 is going to be fine I prefer the larger balcony anyway.

Take care and thanks

Carol

Carol, I just added a link to my response above and you may not have seen it since I was editing the post at the same time your were posting. It is a great source of photos! Check it out! I share your excitement! Every cruise feels like the first for me!

Archived