Hal online checkin

lolmerry

Hi,new to cruising with Hal got a few more questions,not going untill jan 2012 but have just registered my details online at Hal site,is that where you are best to look if they give you a upgrade,i have booked with a online t/a,or is that all i have to do now and wait to be contacted about any upgrades.? Also is the only way to find out if a cruise as gone down by just keep looking on the hal site and keep a record of the price my cat cabin is,

many thanks to all replies

Hi,new to cruising with Hal got a few more questions,not going untill jan 2012 but have just registered my details online at Hal site,is that where you are best to look if they give you a upgrade,i have booked with a online t/a,or is that all i have to do now and wait to be contacted about any upgrades.? Also is the only way to find out if a cruise as gone down by just keep looking on the hal site and keep a record of the price my cat cabin is,

many thanks to all replies

Yes, if you booked a guarantee stateroom then once it has been assigned it will show the stateroom number. Also if you are upgraded it will show the new stateroom number.

Yes, to your questions. If you booked a guarantee cabin, then your cabin number will appear under your reservations in your account on the HAL website. It most likely will not be assigned until the last week or two before you cruise.

If they offer an upsell, they will contact either you or your TA. For the upsell you will have the option to accept or refuse it, but not your assignment for the guarantee. I have read on this site that someone was able to change an assigned cabin across the same category. So if you don't like the location you might ask to be moved to another cabin in the same category. This is just a suggestion and I'm not sure how successful you will be.

Your TA might keep an eye on prices reductions, but according to most people here, it's best to watch it yourself and then call your TA to ask HAL for the adjustment.

Enjoy planning for this cruise and don't get too stressed about the details. But one warning, you will be hooked!

You can fill out all the information right away -- you just can not print the Signature Boarding Pass until 50 days from your cruise -- you will get an e-mail notifing you that your e-docs are ready for printing -- you may want to print only page 1 or all 10 pages - that is up to you.

You can print your luggage tags any time you want to -- but since you have booked a guarantee cabin -- i would wait until close to your sailing date when you know your cabin number.

There will be a wait for your cabin number and even once it's assigned, it's worth going back to check to make sure that you haven't had a change.

I know, it's fun planning but the final details have to wait until nearly the last minute - the joys and frustrations of a guarantee cabin:D

Archived