The Latest on Specialty Coffee Prices

cindy7371

Depending on the size you get, between $2-4....the coffee card is the way to go $24+tip (some ships $31) and for punches you don't use, good on your next cruise. Makes the large coffees less than $2 each....you can get large or small with the card - but why would anyone get a small when they are both one punch:confused:

One of us really likes coffee. In general, in our opinion, the coffee

served in the buffet and main dining room isn't that good. The coffee

one pays for is pretty good. The items in the International Cafe, for example,

are free but there is a charge for coffees. If one likes coffee, the coffee card

is a great deal. Leave the last slot unpunched and one is entitled to unlimited

free (regular) coffee.

These were the coffee prices on the Sapphire last month. The Coffee Card was $33.35 ($29.00 + 15% gratuity).

2011-04%20-%20Coffee%20Menu%201%20-%20Expresso%20and%20Coffee.jpg

Good thing I bought six on the Crown last fall for $24. Actually bought three with BOGO coupons and got three free.

I love my coffee, to the point I bring a coffee maker and my own blend on board. However, I like to treat myself to the specialties as well. There are two prices listed. One poster says to add a tip the other quotes a price with tip. Is this the same base price on both or is the higher priced card now come with the tip included? Sort of like the automatic tipping charge on your bill for the crew.

• 3 weeks later...
I love my coffee, to the point I bring a coffee maker and my own blend on board. However, I like to treat myself to the specialties as well. There are two prices listed. One poster says to add a tip the other quotes a price with tip. Is this the same base price on both or is the higher priced card now come with the tip included? Sort of like the automatic tipping charge on your bill for the crew.

Wow, your suitcase must be full!

I did not know that Princess allowed passengers to bring their own coffee maker onboard due to fire hazzard.

Wow, your suitcase must be full!

I did not know that Princess allowed passengers to bring their own coffee maker onboard due to fire hazzard.

Yes, you can bring it, providing it has an automatic shutoff.

Re Coffee Card. I understand as long as there is at least unpunched slot you can get as many brewed coffees as you want. My question is when in the buffet can you order brewed coffee and show your card to the waiter or do you have to get it at the International Cafe and bring it in with you.

Thanks

Does Princess have sugar free syrups?

The only sugar free syrup I'm aware of is pancake syrup. I know that's not what you mean, but the best I can do.

What is considered Premium Tea? I am correct that iced tea is always available and always free? Is it brewed or "fountain" ie: lipton?

Iced tea available free in Horizon Ct. and in diningrooms. Premium tea is Revolution tea, for which you either pay per cup or get unlimited with the coffee card.

Thanks for any input.

Re Coffee Card. I understand as long as there is at least unpunched slot you can get as many brewed coffees as you want. My question is when in the buffet can you order brewed coffee and show your card to the waiter or do you have to get it at the International Cafe and bring it in with you.

Thanks

No, you cannot get brewed coffee when in the buffet. It has to come from the IC or any other venue that is brewing it. i.e. ships that do not have the IC.

Pia

I know that in Leaves on the Grand they had a new brand of Premium tea.

Was there still Revolution at the IC?

(Unfortunately, since trying it on a ship a couple of years ago, I've become slightly addicted and would bring tea with me if Princess no longer has it. :o )

Pia

I know that in Leaves on the Grand they had a new brand of Premium tea.

Was there still Revolution at the IC?

(Unfortunately, since trying it on a ship a couple of years ago, I've become slightly addicted and would bring tea with me if Princess no longer has it. :o )

Revolution still available at the coffee bar on the Grand.

Does hot chocolate use up punches? Or is it like brewed coffee?

Hot chocolate is unlimited and does not use a punch.

Do they have flavored coffee brews available in the IC? My dad is cruising next week, 1st time on Princess, and he enjoys the flavored coffee brews. Any info is appreciated!

Flavors cost and are designated as specialties only. Fresh brewed is just plain.

Thanks for the input Pia :D

I know we're gonna want hot chocolate on our upcoming Alaska cruise. I am wondering if we'll both (DW & I) need coffee cards to both get hot chocolate at the same time.

I suppose we would both need one since they want 2 cards to give 2 brewed coffees at the same time. I just would rather not pay $31 x 2 because I doubt we'd actually drink 15 specialty coffees each in a week, but I guess at least the punches left will be good on our next cruise. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know whether the skim milk version would be available of the specialty coffees drinks to make "skinny" lattes etc.?

Thanks!

(not sure if only whole milk is the only option)

Yes they are. We always get the lattes with skim milk and also the blended specialty coffees.

Archived