The Latest on Specialty Coffee Prices

cindy7371

I have done 3 cruises on the Grand and never knew that you could have large coffee , I thought it came one size , or that hot choc was free !!! I suppose that is only if you have a coffee card . Thanks for letting us know , is there any more info we should be aware of .

Hi _ newbie question, am I right the coffee card is sold with a certain amount of punches? not like the soda card where you pay per day of the cruise?

DH and I both love coffee and cannot drink rubbish stuff. So i am guessing on an 11-night cruise it's a no-brainer to get a coffee card!

Also just to check the "unlimited hot chocolate" mentioned above, is this with a coffee card or unlimited anyway?

Hi _ newbie question, am I right the coffee card is sold with a certain amount of punches? not like the soda card where you pay per day of the cruise?

DH and I both love coffee and cannot drink rubbish stuff. So i am guessing on an 11-night cruise it's a no-brainer to get a coffee card!

Also just to check the "unlimited hot chocolate" mentioned above, is this with a coffee card or unlimited anyway?

The coffee card has 15 punches, but be sure to leave at least one slot unpunched. When you do that you get fresh brewed and hot chocolate for life. Or, until they decide to stop doing it that way. :D

No, hot chocolate is never free.

Does anyone know the sizes for the Small & Large? I usually drink Starbucks' lattes where Tall = 12 oz., Grande = 16 oz., and Venti = 20 oz.

Thanks in advance.

Small=Starbucks tall (12 oz +/-) Large= Grande (16oz+/-)

I work for Starbucks: My wife gets the cards (as many as possible with BOGO) and uses them for morning Lattes :) For flavored coffees you may want to try the VIA (from Starbucks) and just add hot water. IMHO they are wonderful and I do not drink coffee:D

Small=Starbucks tall (12 oz +/-) Large= Grande (16oz+/-)

I work for Starbucks: My wife gets the cards (as many as possible with BOGO) and uses them for morning Lattes :) For flavored coffees you may want to try the VIA (from Starbucks) and just add hot water. IMHO they are wonderful and I do not drink coffee:D

There is no BOGO. Those expired at the end of last year. I also travel with a good supply of Via; Italian roast at lunch (only use half of it per cup) up in the buffet. Dinner time I also use the Decaf and also 1/2 packet. Princess cups are too small for the whole packet, so I get more for my money. ;)

Do you purchase the coffee cards once on board or can you do so before hand? Also, have been researching "travel" coffee makers -- those of you who take one on board, do

you have a recommendation? Thanks.

Do you purchase the coffee cards once on board or can you do so before hand? Also, have been researching "travel" coffee makers -- those of you who take one on board, do

you have a recommendation? Thanks.

I understand you can purchase it before, but don't see the advantage of doing so unless you're saving money. As for coffeemaker, I use a one cup Melitta which they stopped making at least ten years ago. If Toto sees this, she will advise you on what to buy.

The coffee card has 15 punches, but be sure to leave at least one slot unpunched. When you do that you get fresh brewed and hot chocolate for life. Or, until they decide to stop doing it that way. :D

No, hot chocolate is never free.

Thanks. Follow-up question then, I understand it is supposed to be one card per person. My daughter (10) does not drink coffee but loves hot chocolate, will we be able to get for her on our cards? Or is that included in the ultimate kids card too?

And am I correct there is not a great choice of fruit juices onboard? Thinking may be worth us packing some long life fruit juice cartons?

Thanks. Follow-up question then, I understand it is supposed to be one card per person. My daughter (10) does not drink coffee but loves hot chocolate, will we be able to get for her on our cards? Or is that included in the ultimate kids card too?

And am I correct there is not a great choice of fruit juices onboard? Thinking may be worth us packing some long life fruit juice cartons?

We had one card between the 2 of us, and had no problems, so you should be able to get your daughters hot choc (for free) when getting your own coffee.

Sorry can't answer your juice question, but didn't see it freely available.

Juice is only available free at breakfast and all you see is orange juice. Upon request you can get apple, tomato, grapefruit and prune juices and perhaps pineapple too. I have no idea if the ultimate card includes juice too, but I somehow don't think so. :confused:

Juice is only available free at breakfast and all you see is orange juice. Upon request you can get apple, tomato, grapefruit and prune juices and perhaps pineapple too. I have no idea if the ultimate card includes juice too, but I somehow don't think so. :confused:

Someone recently wrote that it included fresh squeezed orange juice. I asked for verification but no one ever answered.

Fresh squeezed oj all day might make that sticker worth the $$.

Thanks. Definitely worth us bringing juices then I think, my daughter's used to mango berry kiwifruit tropical grape etc etc....just apple and orange (she would not drink tomato grapefruit or prune) will seem very boring for her :D

• 8 months later...
Do they sell chai tea latte's?

No. Not at least in the way you are used to them from places like Starbucks. We use a syrup (or Chai tea concentrate is a better word) at Starbucks. It is possible to make tea lattes using brewed teas IF the barista is willing to steam the milk. Join us for our cruise to Hawaii on the Golden in February or the TA on Caribbean in April/May and I'll be glad to make them for you:)

• 1 year later...
Good thing I bought six on the Crown last fall for $24. Actually bought three with BOGO coupons and got three free.

I've seen several people refer to the BOGO coupon. Where is such a thing found? I am an admitted coffee snob and am trying to decide what to do about the onboard card.

I've seen several people refer to the BOGO coupon. Where is such a thing found? I am an admitted coffee snob and am trying to decide what to do about the onboard card.

The BOGO coupon used to be in a special book that was issued by travel agents. It was eliminated at the end of 2011.

BTW, the earlier post about free coffee for life with the coffee card is no longer true. When you buy a coffee card now, it is marked with the name & date of the ship's sailing. That entitles you to unlimited regular coffee on that particular cruise. You also have 15 "free" punches to use for specialty coffees. As long as you leave one punch free, you can continue to have unlimited regular coffees on that one voyage. If you have several punches unused at the end of the cruise you can use it again on another cruise but regular coffees will incur a "punch" as will speciality coffees until the card is fully punched and you will need to buy another card.

The BOGO coupon used to be in a special book that was issued by travel agents. It was eliminated at the end of 2011.

It took a few months, but eventually the endless begging for

coupons here ended as well.

It got so bad that the moderators used to delete the requests.

Speaking of tea, my wife only drinks chamomile herb tea, so she brings the tea bags from

room service and has the tea made in the IC. I exchange my mini bottles and soda that

I get for being elite for two coffee cards, which usually will last me on a 14 day cruise.

Greg

Archived