The Latest on Specialty Coffee Prices

cindy7371

Do they have flavored coffee brews available in the IC? My dad is cruising next week, 1st time on Princess, and he enjoys the flavored coffee brews. Any info is appreciated!

On the Emerald they used to have Hazelnut roast but as of December 2012 they have discontinued it to my disappointment as I do not like syrups.

In some Ports (Ft. Lauderdale being one) they now collect a special tax on all purchases in Port. But not if you wait to buy in International waters ie ..... coffee cards, coke cards.......

They have to collect sales tax if they are selling items in a city/state that has one.

Someone recently wrote that it included fresh squeezed orange juice. I asked for verification but no one ever answered.

Fresh squeezed oj all day might make that sticker worth the $$.

Karen,

The UKP sticker includes juice anytime of day, but not fresh squeezed oj at breakfast or anytime else. I tried to get it at breakfast and the waiter said no; then I checked at passenger services to make sure and they called someone who also said no. You can get regular juice (not sure what kinds b/c I always got cranberry) at the bars anytime. I splurged and got a glass of fresh squeezed at breakfast one day and it was a fairly large glass for about $3 or so. Enough for the DH and I to both enjoy it.

Hot chocolate is avail for free in the horizon court but will cost you a punch on the coffee card at the IC. It's better from the IC though. I don't think it was included on the sticker, but oddly I can't remember for sure....

What is considered Premium Tea? I am correct that iced tea is always available and always free? Is it brewed or "fountain" ie: lipton?

Thanks for any input.

The iced tea in the HOrizon Court and the Dining Rooms is made from syrup. It is pretty awful. The iced tea in the IC is made from Premium tea. It is delicious. There is a world of difference.

Karen,

The UKP sticker includes juice anytime of day, but not fresh squeezed oj at breakfast or anytime else. I tried to get it at breakfast and the waiter said no; then I checked at passenger services to make sure and they called someone who also said no. You can get regular juice (not sure what kinds b/c I always got cranberry) at the bars anytime. I splurged and got a glass of fresh squeezed at breakfast one day and it was a fairly large glass for about $3 or so. Enough for the DH and I to both enjoy it.

Hot chocolate is avail for free in the horizon court but will cost you a punch on the coffee card at the IC. It's better from the IC though. I don't think it was included on the sticker, but oddly I can't remember for sure....

Thanks!

I asked the question a year ago but gave up on getting an answer.

We cruised with Celebrity this year in Aqua class where fresh squeezed is included but I figured I'd just ask next time we're on Princess.

So, to whoever commented that the thread is 2 years old - some things are timeless.

Karen,

Hot chocolate with the coffee card is free all the time. It does not get a punch.

BTW, the earlier post about free coffee for life with the coffee card is no longer true. When you buy a coffee card now, it is marked with the name & date of the ship's sailing. That entitles you to unlimited regular coffee on that particular cruise. You also have 15 "free" punches to use for specialty coffees. As long as you leave one punch free, you can continue to have unlimited regular coffees on that one voyage. If you have several punches unused at the end of the cruise you can use it again on another cruise but regular coffees will incur a "punch" as will speciality coffees until the card is fully punched and you will need to buy another card.

With regard to the regular coffees, it does not matter whether you have any punches left, as they are unrelated to the unlimited regular coffees. If you buy a coffee card for a sailing, it is marked for that sailing and is good for that entire sailing even if you've used all of your punches.

Archived