Kenai Fjords Cruise on day cruise ends in Whittier?

PCruiser22

I wanted to post an update on how this went. I managed to get to Avis at 8:05, got to to the tunnel at 8:10 and made it across as well. So this is very doable. The Avis in Whittier is a very small one run, when I went run by a couple of kids actually, it was in and out in just a couple of minutes. The harbor store and the Avis are the same (in the same building).

The Kenai Fjords tour was amazingly good. Even though we had seen glaciers in College Fjord and Glacier Bay and whales as well, this tour really brings you up close. There were many, many wildlife sightings and the tour (from Kenai Fjords tours) was a tremendous value.

I also managed to make a stop at the Wildlife Conservation center on the way to Seward, and actually did a complete circuit there. The entry was included in our online Kenai Fjords Tours booking.

So: is it doable? most definitely.

What to watch out for: need to speak to Princess the day before to get on an earlier disembarkation (we were initially assigned to 9:30am for our cruise tour but later put on the independent passenger list so we could leave as early as 6am.

Also watch out for bag issues. I saw one of my bags waiting pick-up at the independent area because they had not seen the "join me tonight" tag on the bag.

This poster had some unrealistic assumptions, including a tour, that they would have found out, too late, it was not doable. Which, those in the know, are trying to make clear.

I would think that this information, may be of value for some people, and if not, easily ignored for them to find out by themselves.

the posters on this board come from a LOT of FIRST hand experience.

Turned out to be quite doable, and one of the highlights of our trip.

including a tour, that they would have found out, too late, it was not doable..

Turned out to be quite doable, and one of the highlights of our trip.

I could be wrong...it wouldn't be the first time, but I thought BQ's post referred to your original plan (Princess excursion to Seward), which wasn't doable.

I'm glad everything worked out timewise and you had a great time.

Archived