HAL Kids - Wristbands

siebelqueen

Just a PSA for those traveling with kids on HAL. We found that the water in the pool on the Veendam (and probably other ships as well), removes the ink printed on the children's wristbands. If you have a child who likes to swim on board, you'll need to get their wristband replaced after they use the pool. Replacements can be obtained in Club HAL.

Just wanted to share!

Erica

Gauging from your other post about your baby, I gather this is a really young child. Is (s)he in diapers? Little ones with diapers are not permitted in the pools. No diapers. :eek:

Our baby did not go in the pool, although the warning about no diapers did not stop some others. Our son who went swimming is four. We also noticed that other kids that he played with in Club HAL had the same problem with their wrist bands.

Siebelqueen, I think I would like to be on a cruise with you and your family. You sound like a responsible parent and show concern for others as well. Thanks for the info about the wrist bands. Hopefully, it was just a bad batch, as this problem has not been discussed here before AFAIK.

I was thinking the same thing, DeirdreTours. My daughter has had to get new wristbands on a couple of cruises because they eventually broke and fell off, but the printing has never worn off, and she's got almost 100 days aboard HAL ships.

I don't know what age the kids graduate from wristbands but I know that our grandaughter wore one at age 10yr. It had to be replaced several times. The front desk staff were very patient with her.

We were on the NA March 27--April 3 and had the exact same problem with the wrist bands, whether at the pool or beach. We had to replace them about 3 or 4 times at the front desk. Fortunately we made certain the kids all knew their lifeboat number!

Archived