Your time dining ?

I'm wondering a few things about anytime dining and I hope someone can help with the answers. I'm cruising for the first time with my mom and sister in Sept. and we are signed up for your time dining. We went back and forth on which dining time we wanted and finally settled on this one. I was wondering if your time dining is held in a seperate dining room or is it just in the main dining room?? I'm confused because the posts I've read here on CC seem to be contradictory. Also I was wondering if we will just be seated by ourselves or if we'll be sharing a table with others? We actually wouldn't mind sitting with other folks, we just mainly wanted the flexibility of the dining time. In fact if we'll be sitting alone we may consider switching to one of the traditional times.....TIA.:)

Its in a section of the main dining room...the menu and suggested dress are the same...only you aren't held to a specific time.

You can either request a table for just your party (like a restaurant) or ask to be seated with others. Of course, being seated with others will depend if others want company!

If you really want tablemates (and I think tablemates MAKE the dining experience special!!), then traditional seating will assure you of company at your table!

You got the flexibility by selecting any time dining.

A little semantics with cb at sea- on many ships, Any Time can be a separate floor of the main dinning room, or depending on demand for Any Time dining, a separate section.

Ohhhh....I see....makes a lot more sense to me now. Thanks cb at sea and CruiserBruce! :)

Something else that wasn't mentioned -- when you go into the DR if you say you are willing to share, you will most likely (depending on how busy it is) be seated sooner than if you ask for a table just for yourselves.

Linda

Something else that wasn't mentioned -- when you go into the DR if you say you are willing to share, you will most likely (depending on how busy it is) be seated sooner than if you ask for a table just for yourselves.

Linda

Our experience was just the opposite. If we said we'd be willing to share a table, it took awhile to find another couple or group who also wanted to share, to fill the table. When we asked just for a table for two, we were seated almost immediately!

Its in a section of the main dining room...the menu and suggested dress are the same...only you aren't held to a specific time.

You can either request a table for just your party (like a restaurant) or ask to be seated with others. Of course, being seated with others will depend if others want company!

If you really want tablemates (and I think tablemates MAKE the dining experience special!!), then traditional seating will assure you of company at your table!

With this dining option, it sounds like you can switch up your request for company or not? For example, if we are feeling chatty one night we can request to dine with others, but if we want privacy on another night we can ask for a table for two?

Depends on the cruiseline and ship. Tables for 10 aren't the most common table, but there are usually some.

I think I would see if you can get your reservation tied to theirs, and then re-request a table for 10 in traditional (fixed) seating. I think you would probably get it.

Linda

This is good to know....I guess we'll see what happens! ;)

Our experience was just the opposite. If we said we'd be willing to share a table, it took awhile to find another couple or group who also wanted to share, to fill the table. When we asked just for a table for two, we were seated almost immediately!

That's interesting. When we say we're willing to share we mean we're open to whatever comes up next. Maybe the host takes it to mean you don't want to be by yourselves?

I guess we don't always know what their procedures are or what they think we mean. (Maybe we should clarify with "Whatever's available"?)

Linda

Archived