Fantasy Grand Suite/5 People

Kharalew

We will have 5 people in the Grand Suite next week on the Fantasy. We originally booked 4, my hubby, myself, and our 2 kids. A few weeks ago our friend was dumped by his fiance, so as a cheer-me up, he added himself to our cruise! I know that there are 2 twins that form a king and they told our friend when he added himself that they will bring in an extra bed. I assume that the sofa pulls out, but I'm not sure. Has anyone ever slept with 5 in a G.S.? How do the sleeping arrangements work? Is the sofa a pull out? If so, is it more comfortable than the extra bed they bring in? This is our first cruise, so I am clueless and keep getting on here for answers. You guys are all so wonderful!!!

Thanks!

The 5th bed is always either a trundle or a rollaway. These are quads for 4 people and Carnival was able to grandfather in the older ships so you could squeeze 5 into a quad.

Luckily you were not on a newer ship!! No rollaways on ships built after 2000.

We will have 5 people in the Grand Suite next week on the Fantasy. We originally booked 4, my hubby, myself, and our 2 kids. A few weeks ago our friend was dumped by his fiance, so as a cheer-me up, he added himself to our cruise! I know that there are 2 twins that form a king and they told our friend when he added himself that they will bring in an extra bed. I assume that the sofa pulls out, but I'm not sure. Has anyone ever slept with 5 in a G.S.? How do the sleeping arrangements work? Is the sofa a pull out? If so, is it more comfortable than the extra bed they bring in? This is our first cruise, so I am clueless and keep getting on here for answers. You guys are all so wonderful!!!

Thanks!

That's really nice of you Kharalew!

Fantasy is a great ship for socializing as well - so tell your friend to just have fun at night in the disco, lounges and such!

As far as the beds...

The couch pulls out yes - so I'm guessing your kids will sleep there...

The extra bed is pretty comfortable though (possibly a little more than couch sleeper)...

It's a nice sized cabin, so there will be a good amount of room.

You won't have any problems.:cool:

Unless the sofa is marked as a convertible sofa, then its just a regular sofa. It says sleeps up to 4, but thats not counting the rollaway.

Twin beds that convert to queen, large balcony, sitting area with armchair and coffee... table, sofa, dressing area with vanity, two large closets, wall safe, refrigerator, mini bar, private bath with whirlpool tub and shower, phone, television, hair dryer.

On Decks: Upper

Sleeps up to: 4

Avg sq ft cabin: 330

Balcony: 70

Thanks guys! He was trying to figure out if he wanted the sofa or the extra bed.

You're welcome!

Just have him "test out" both...

They'll be set up during your dinner on the first night, so once dinner is over, he can run down to the cabin and just lay down on both of them before it's time for the kids to go to sleep and he needs to choose.

I personally think that the roll away is usually more comfortable/padded than the couches.

The couches are okay, but I think they're just generally better for kids or teens.:cool:

We just had a Grand Suites on Sensation and it was plenty of room for 5 people. I will say that you might want to split the king and put one of the kids on the rollaway. I understand that the extra bed is a trundle and that it is short for an adult. The pullout couch was huge and you and your husband could easily sleep together on it. I napped with my daughter on it and it was super comfy for a fold out. The Sensation is the same class as the Fantasy so it should be very similar. Have fun!

Thanks guys! He was trying to figure out if he wanted the sofa or the extra bed.

if he takes the sofa where are the kids going to sleep? I don't think 2 kids can sleep on 1 rollaway unless one of the kids sleeps with you and your spouse.

Bill

Unless the sofa is marked as a convertible sofa, then its just a regular sofa. It says sleeps up to 4, but thats not counting the rollaway.

looks like the sofa in the GS is a double.

Cabin U70 GS PEN4 330/70 = 400 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-double sofabed rab:1 cabin connects to: U68 (EC FS IS IM FA SE)

View: window and large balcony balcony partition connects: no

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; safe; unstocked refrigerator; hair dryer (EC FA FS IM IS); shower/whirlpool tub; walk-in closet; sitting area: sofa, armchairs and coffee table

Bill

Archived