Switching Cabins

kenandteri

We are booked on the Inspiration, along with two other couples. All are on the same deck in the same area. Our cabin has an adjoining cabin, but neither of our friends are booked in it. Is it worth a call to Carnival to see if the rooms can be switched? I'd rather have an adjoining cabin with someone I know :)

We are booked on the Inspiration, along with two other couples. All are on the same deck in the same area. Our cabin has an adjoining cabin, but neither of our friends are booked in it. Is it worth a call to Carnival to see if the rooms can be switched? I'd rather have an adjoining cabin with someone I know :)

Its fun to have adjoining cabins if you can find them. Some can open up the balcony and some room doors. But, if you cant change rooms, you wont know your in adjoining cabin. Might be a little hard to do at this point, but guess it wouldnt hurt to ask. You could go on the ship deck plans and see if there are any open cabins..

If the cabin is already booked, I kinda doubt they would switch. However, give them a call if you want an adjoining cabin with your friends and perhaps they can move you both if there are two available. You seriously want even know that its an adjoining cabin if you are not using it. Its like the ones found in some of the hotels .... locks on each side.

Hmmm..... depending on the activities and associated noise levels from said activities coming from your cabin or your neighbor's, maybe not!

Be advised that it's been our experience that "connecting cabins" don't have the "noise suppression" that regular cabins have. You can REALLY hear what's going on in the cabin next door, because the door doesn't suppress the noise generated in the next cabin, like an insulated wall does. :eek: It can be a source of entertainment,,,,if you know what I mean. ;)

"SKY"

Are you sure you REALLY want to have adjoining cabins? Myself and my wife traveled with my sister and her husband and we had a hotel room with an adjoining door and what a regret. Our room became an extension of their room! She was constantly coming into our room asking what you watching on TV, What do you have for snacks, What shirt you going to wear tomorrow? It was a mess. I felt like we had not privacy! When she left she never pulled their door closed so We felt like we couldn't close our door or it would be rude. Never again. On our last cruise we were right next door to my in-laws. If we wanted anything we either called them on the phone or just ran next door and knocked on the door.

Wiz

We got assigned connecting cabins once, with strangers on the other side. Very noisy. Family with 5 year old who screamed a lot, and the couple fought a lot. Woke us up a lot, and we are sound sleepers.

Exactly why we will not book "guarantees" anymore. The chance placement is just not worth it imo. Connecting cabins are the worst unless you are using them with your children. I wouldn't want to have connecting with anyone I know unless I WASN'T traveling with my hubby, if you know what i mean!? You can hear EVERYthing!

Archived