Upgrade question?

Have 4 booked in balcony- want to upgrade to suites but all suites are showing only 2 guests. Just want to move rooms but telling me have to cancel my resv & risk losing 4 person. Any suggestions?

Have 4 booked in balcony- want to upgrade to suites but all suites are showing only 2 guests. Just want to move rooms but telling me have to cancel my resv & risk losing 4 person. Any suggestions?

Do you mean the only suites avaliable will only sleep 2 people? If so I doubt there is a way to move 4 people into that.

Don't know what RCL ship you are on, but every suite that we have been in always sleep at least 4 people. The sofa is a convertible bed.

For example, some JS only sleep 2, and on Ex, there are 2 GS that only hold 3 max with a rollaway bed.

It's possible that the available suites do sleep only 2..I find that unusual but possible..especially if they are Junior Suites..and not full suites...but being told you have to cancel & re-book is totally untrue...are you booked thru an Agent or directly with RCL?

It could also be that the ship has determined limited occupancy. At certain times of the year (like holidays) the cruise line will limit only 2 per room regardless of how many the room will hold. This happened to me several Christmas sailings ago. We are a family of 5. Had DH and myself in one JS, the 2 kids in adjoining JS and had to put my 18 year old son in an inside promenade room across the hall and had to pay for 2 people in his room:eek:

I let him bring a friend since the room was already paid for.

Thanks for all the suggestions. It was a limited occupancy issue that kept the suite to 2 people. We booked through AAA and they were not very familiar with the upgrade process. Next time, I will either book direct or us a more experienced cruise travel agent.

What you have to do is have them call RCCL and explain you already have 4 booked in one cabin and want to upgrade cabins so the occupancy of the ship does not change just your stateroom and the revenue for RCCL...I've done that in the past. Your balcony cabin released to inventory is then only open for a double occupancy booking.

Your agency should have known that...sad that you may have to talk them thru it. If they can't figure it out when they first call in, ask for a 3 way with the resolutions department and explain you want to swap cabins not add to the overall occupancy of the ship...if it takes you getting it done via a 3 way...tell your agent they need to send you to a nice specialty dinner. Ultimately keep it up until you are enjoying your larger cabin.

Don't know what RCL ship you are on, but every suite that we have been in always sleep at least 4 people. The sofa is a convertible bed.

This is not true. While many cabins have a sofa, not all of them are sofa beds. Therefore the cabin will only sleep 2 people.

Archived