***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, I will pray that he will be doing better. You will have good days and bad days. Let's just hope that there are more good days versus bad days. Is the nurse coming today or will she only be coming once per week? She will be your best resource, in checking all of his vitals and letting know what to be doing or not doing.

At least with these cooler temps it will be much more comfortable versus having the heat and high humidity. The problem with this time of year, having all of the noise with blowing off all of the fireworks. But it is nice watching the towns around the area shooting off the scheduled fireworks.

I hope you have a much better day today,

Kathy

The nurse came today, checked his vitals, all pretty good. He felt better again today. But the nurse said she could only come once a week six more times, don't know why that decision was made.

Bill's son called and asked if it was ok to bring his sister over tomorrow. He would like to see her so I said ok, but only ket her stay for about a half an hour. I think I might run uptown and get a few things. That way I won't have to talk to her too much.

I cut some more grass today, want to spray some weeds again tomirrow too. I did it once but they came back again.Also I git a 50 certificate for 25 dollars at a local nursery, would like to go over and get some things before its too late to plant.

Any plans for the weekend? I'm hoping all Bill's kids don't come at once again!

Sharon, That is good the nurse came back, and I would think it is controlled by Medicare. If once is all she can come then something is better than none. Maybe after the 6 weeks they will reevaluate and extend the care.

I know how you and Bill's sister do not get along. But a good idea of only keeping her there for a 1/2 hour. Any longer will only tire Bill out.

I had planned to go to WW this morning, but Bill remedied me that today is July 4th and they will be closed.

I am just planning on working outside over this weekend. We watched fireworks from our kitchen window and from our front porch last night, from other towns around us. Tonight will probably be the same. You are not going to believe this. This is the first time ever. The jerk loves holidays as this falling on a Saturday, so he does not have to pay anyone extra. But he is closing the place on Monday and giving everyone the day off. I sent everyone home and closed the place at 4:30 yesterday, as we had no business.

Enjoy the weekend,

Kathy

Oh boy a 3 day weekend for you! Nice you can see the fireworks, I don't think we will be able to see any, too far away. Maybe hear a few big booms though. Our town had their big thing in June with fireworks so nothing on the 4th.

Bill's son brought out the sister, I told them that while they visited I would go to the store so I didn't have to talk with her. I really did need to go, I can't do anything or go anywhere and keave him alone. Monday going to have to figure something out, much as I thought it would be ok I think I need a break to do something.

Nice day for everyone to have picnics and parties. Bet the traffic will be really bad heading south on Sunday night.

Sharon, we bought something like 20 bags of mulch yesterday, as it was on sale at Menards for $2.00 a bag. So I worked outside putting down the mulch. I will continue today. I am hosting bunco this Friday so I want everything to look good.

I figured that you would need a person to help you out. What options do you have and is there anyplace that will offer a caregiver for Bill? I think we may have gone with Catholic Charities.

There were fireworks all around us and we were able to watch from our front porch. It was not as crazy as in past years. All of the banging and booming and then it was all over.

It was good that you were able to get out yesterday and that you did not have to stay and talk to here any too much. Also good for her not to stay and tire Bill out as well.

Have a good rest of today,

Kathy

Sunday today and I miss not being able to go to church, don't know when I'll ever get to go again. One of Bill's daughters did the cook out thing for the others so she sent with one of Bill's sons, 2 dinners of pulled pork, 1/2 ear of corn, baked beans and potato salad. Nice of her and him to bring it over. He was headed back home around 4 pm and texted that they were on the highway waiting for over an hour. Don't know what time he ever got home.

I did the rest of the mowing and some weeding, was good to get outside for a little while. My straw bale garden is coming along, have several good size tomatoes, still green though so they have a while to go.

Sharon, seems different not having to get up to go to work today. We put down the mulch on Saturday and finished it yesterday. Today is going to be much warmer and then the cool down for tomorrow and beyond with rain moving into the area.

It sounds like you had a good day yesterday. Are you going to decide what to do today with having a caregiver help you out?

It also sounds like your garden is coming along as well. You must be getting lots of things to pick and bring in to eat or just give some of it away to the family.

So today I may work outside this morning before it gets real hot. This afternoon I will go to my son's house as it is his birthday today. Then later on this afternoon after that I will go and watch one of the GK's play baseball.

Enjoy and have a good day today,

Kathy

Happy Birthday to your son! Good day to watch a baseball game even better that its your grandchildren.

Had to call the rescue squad this am for Bill. He has had diahrea ever since he came home and even though have been giving him some medicine for it can't get it stopped. So got dehydrated and weak. They kept him in the ER from about 9am till 6 pm before getting him in a room. They said if they sent him home he would just be back tomorrow. They are going to check for C-Def as soon as he has a boewel movement. Maybe come home tomorrow maybe not. His one daughter text me that we could fill out the paper work and when he is released he can come and stay st her assisted living home. I told her it depends on where he wants to go.

Looks like the storms might miss us, at least the worst of it.

Sharon, the outside activities for yesterday at my son's house became inside as we had very heavy storms roll in at 4 pm. Then because of flooded fields the game was called and rescheduled for tonight. But it may get called once again as there will still be flooded fields.

Back to the bump and grind today. Although it was real nice not to be working yesterday. I am so sorry to hear that you spent the day at the hospital yesterday. I am also surprised that the nurse did not pick up on that condition, especially when she had seen him twice. That is so important to get that under control as that could be 1 problem for him being tired and weak. A good move to put him into the hospital and not to release him too early, only to go back in. I guess it will be a decision for the both of you to decide what will be best for Bill, being at home or at the assisted living.

Whenever you go to emergency, it is always a very long wait. At least it was not midnight when taking him there. My prayers will be with you today for a answer to what is going on with Bill and that he recovers as well.

Kathy

Had a few hours to get out and do some paperwork at the farm, glad to get caught up a little more again. Nice not to have to worry about him for a little while.

Yes it is funny that the nurse didn't pick up on his problems, but she doesn't do very much when she is here really. Found out that the pallitive people who were supposed to come last week and help thought he was still in the care center. They said, guess they got their wires crossed.

He is better today but as soon as he moves very much the oxygen level really goes down. Bill's son and girlfriend came for a while tonight and around 6:30 they came in and said the blood test showed something "high" so they were taking him for a CT scan to see if he had blood clots in his lungs. They wouldn't get the results for at least an hour so I asked them what they would do if he did have that, they said they would put a blood thinner in his IV. I had been there since 1pm so when his son left so did I, it was around 7:30.

I weighed this morning and saw I had lost 10 pounds this past month. That makes it 20 pounds since last winter. My clothes feel much better but noticed that the skin on my upper arms is starting to sag. Guess I'll have to go back to lifting some light weights to firm it up. Seems I'm just not hungry anymore, and since Bill eats very little so do I.

Bill's dr son is coming back again tomorrow, was just here over the weekend but guess maybe he's worried about his dad.

Too bad you didn't get to see the game, I think it rained here a little yesterday but wasn't by a window all day so only going on it looked like the ground was a little wet.

Hope your day back was good,

Sharon, in the morning around here it was wet and then the sun came out and a nice breeze, so they did play the game last night. It is looking like rain today as well. So I guess we shall see if we will be able to play tonight.

Wow you are really loosing the pounds. I am sure that stress has played a major part. It is funny about stress, it can either put on the pounds of take them off like you have been doing. Yesterday I had to start putting on a belt as my pants wound not stay up without one. So like you, my cloths are fitting much better.

So will you hear anything today on what Bill will be doing and how his health care will be progressing? I do hope that you will be getting some good news on his health condition.

Kathy

Well no real change but they sent him home. Said he wasn't any different so medicare woukdn't oay for the care center either. His son said he would be at the hospital at 11:30 or 12 pm so we waited until 1 pm and he never came even after I text and called him. So we did manage to get him home by ourselves. He came over at 2 pm and said had

another service call to make and didn't take his phone in with him. Thing is Bill 's son in la. had called and offered to help but I told him no the son would be there. Just so tired of peopke saying they will be there for you and you count on them and t by en they are not there!

Then his dr son drove down 5 hrs today, he was just here this past weekend so we were surprised he came. Seems he wanted to put pressure on Bill to go to the assisted living home Bill's daughter owns, he just kept on and on at him. Finally Bill said no I want to be home! His son said it wasn't good for him not to have more help and wasn't fair to me to have to do everything, got up and left. A couple hrs later he texted me to ask his dad if he could come over tomorrow before before he goes back home. We told him he could, hope he doesn't start in on Bill again.

Its pretty chilly out tonight hope everyone dresses warm to play.

Kinda feels good to have your pants looser doesn't it. I have been wearing some jeanI that I couldn't even get buttoned before.

Sharon, I went to WW on my lunch yesterday, and I was down 1.6 lbs. So I am still in the range and yes, it does feel good to have cloths fit looser.

Well, Bill's son is only trying to do the best for everyone. But you both have to be on the sane page and feel comfortable with any decision that is made. Agreed that he would most likely get the best care at the assisted living and it would take a lot of pressure off of you. But once again, you both have to feel comfortable with any decision.

I know with Medicare, you have to jump through a lot of loops. They do not always make the best decision for care. It is just like they want to hurry things up. The only person that can change things is a Dr. If a Dr says this is what they want, then Medicare can not over rule a Dr.

I agree about depending on people. I have gotten used to just doing things on my own and not depending on other's. It happens more often than none.

Surprising we did get all of our games in last night with light rain. It was fall jacket weather and we also lost once again.

No worries, we all make mistakes.

Kathy

Well you are keeping your losing streak in tact, ha ha. I think you said you were almost done anyway.

Bill's son came back and agreed if he wanted to stay home than that is what he should do. Also his daughter came with the assisted living home, later and said too he should stay home. So I think they will leave us alone about that for a while anyway. And I told them, in the future it may very well be that he has to be there because it is too much for me.

The nurse came around dinner time and was also concerned about his oxygen level. Seems since he was in the hospital the level has been only around 86 or 87. I've tried different cannulas but the only one that really gets it back to the 90's is the so called rescue one. And he is not supposed to wear that one all the time.

Then the new oxygen company came and brought a oxygen concentrator that is the same size as from the other company. They also brought us some E size canister tanks for using when/or if we go some where.

I have the Visiting Angels owner coming tomorrow to see what they can do to help me and schedule some time I can go to the farm to do book work. So we will see how that works out. The palliative company that works with, but is not Hospice, said they have so many people on vacation they couldn't come and talk to me until the 23rd.

Ok, heading in to bed now, been a long day.

Sharon, I should say so that your days are very tiring and exhausting. You must take care of yourself, most important. I am glad that you have Bill's kids all worked out for now. That is the best move to have him stay at home for the time being until it is the right time to move him. Maybe the lines are too long and that is the reason he is not getting the proper supply of oxygen into him.

Yes, the weight loss is an on going thing. We can never let it slip by and we always have to keep track of things, so we do not get out of sink. I wish I could let it go but I cannot.

So a very late night for me today as I am hosting bunco. So that means that Bill goes to stay at a local hotel and I come and join him once everyone leaves , so I usually get there around 1 am.

I guess it will start to be warming up over the weekend. So are you able to have someone come over to talk to you about a caregiver? I did not fully understand what you were saying about that. I know that 1 place cannot because of many being away. But I did not understand if you have another place.

Kathy

I hope your husband starts to feel a little better soon. I hope you can get a good Home Health Care aid to come in daily. I am on the 3 day military diet. Then moving on to the 21 day fix. It is similar to the old fashioned Weight Watchers portion control, very small portion control. lol. Maybe you have seen all the TV commercials they have on this in the middle of the night.

Yes I had the owners if a home csre company come today, it is called Visiting Angels. They can do everything from taking care of Bill to laundry, housecleaning, and meal prep. I don't want them to any of that but take care off Bill. You can schedule them one week ahead of time. I scheduled them to come next Wed from 1 to 4 pm. Maybe the next week I will have them come 2 times. The minimum is 3 hours so that is fine. If he stays like he is I can leave him but if he gets worse not sure I could.

You have a fun night tonight, I love to play bunco and a rendeviou afterwards sounds nice.

I think you have your weight pretty well under control now, guess WW did the trick snd worked for you. Of course it takes a lot of determination on your part to stsy with the program. You have done very well.

Karen hope your diet works for you too. I don't think I have seen the commercial. I have seen that one with all the colored cups you use for fats, protien etc. I couldn't lose a pound but now since Bill eats so very little seems thats what I do too. Thank you for your kind words for him.

You know I read but can't always find the right words to say. It seems wrong to say what's going well in my life when things are so much tougher in yours right now. We can only pray that Bill can do a turn around and start feeling much better. I'm worried about you Sharon you can only do so much before you explode ((hugs}}

Kathy The weight thing Oh man I have lost the battle recently...I don't go up but I desperately need to go down!

Thinking of you ladies.

Dianne

Sharon, I got to the hotel around 12:30. Then we left the hotel yesterday, and drove your way to a town called Huntley. A very large Del Web Community in McHenry County.

On the way back it rained the entire time. We had a lot of construction and traffic. A very long drive from our place.

I have heard of that group and if you can work them into a regular schedule of every other day, like Monday, Wednesday, Friday, that may help you out and Bill as well. So they are starting next Wednesday to see how they work out?

Kathy

You know I read but can't always find the right words to say. It seems wrong to say what's going well in my life when things are so much tougher in yours right now. We can only pray that Bill can do a turn around and start feeling much better. I'm worried about you Sharon you can only do so much before you explode ((hugs}}

Kathy The weight thing Oh man I have lost the battle recently...I don't go up but I desperately need to go down!

Thinking of you ladies.

Dianne

Dianne, things have been working out well with my WW, and everything has gone good. But by far nothing to give up on and it is a daily thing and when I drink a whole bottle of wine like I did on Friday night, I am sure the result will not be good.

Kathy

I hope your husband starts to feel a little better soon. I hope you can get a good Home Health Care aid to come in daily. I am on the 3 day military diet. Then moving on to the 21 day fix. It is similar to the old fashioned Weight Watchers portion control, very small portion control. lol. Maybe you have seen all the TV commercials they have on this in the middle of the night.

Karen, I have not heard of that diet plan as well ether. Nor have I seen any commercials. But if it is working for you then stick with it. Let us know how it goes after the 21 days.

Kathy

Hi Sharon,Kathy and other ladies in here. tbb/the lurker is back. LOL

I have missed you guys.

So, I have gained a bunch of weight back again.

I have been trying to eat my way through pain.

Not a good thing for me.

Was reading back in here a little to get caught up.

So sorry to read about Bill, but the angels sound like a nice group to help out.

We had something similar when my grandmother went through hospice.

I have been offline for a few months.

We lost my teenage niece and nephew in a car accident.

Been hard on me, but I am ready to live my life again and let them be angels on my shoulders.

Edited by tbbtravels

Kathy you must have had a good time Friday night, bunco and wine kinda goes together! Any baseball games on the schedule to go watch this weekend? Did Bill ever get back to swimming,, he really lost a lot of weight when he was doing that before.

Dianne, feels free to talk about whats going on in your life, it brings a little bit of normalcy to hear about things.

Karen yes let us know how its going, somethings sound easy to do but are hard to follow in daily life. Been seeing the Ninja commercials supposed to be so good for blending everything into a drink. Helps with imflation and weight loss, seems yo have to have alot of good things on hand to blend though.

Welcome lurker Michi, so sorry to hear about your niece and nephew always so hard to lose loved ones.

We have been trying to hit a happy medium with some meds Bill is taking. He goes from feeling bad to worse. The nurse comes on Tuesday but she doesn't seem to be very medically helpful. But a very nice person. Don't want to take him back to the hospital, hard to know the right thing to do.