***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, maybe you can call the place that she works for and ask them to send you a nurse that has actual medical skills. Looking back, she did not pick up on Bill's loose bowels, and that was important. If she cannot pick up on things like that, then why allow her to continue.

So tomorrow the angles will start. I hope they find the right person to care for Bill. Sometimes it is hard to find that just right person.

Bill's son and GS went down to see 1 of the games. My Bill would not go to any of those games due to crowds, and he could see it better on TV.

I woke this morning to much thunder and lightening. Although the rest of today has turned out nice. I guess we could get some more bad weather later on this afternoon and into tomorrow.

It has been crazy around here. Not the jerk, but his bother was taken to the hospital this morning as he was having a hart attack.

Kathy

Hi Sharon,Kathy and other ladies in here. tbb/the lurker is back. LOL

I have missed you guys.

So, I have gained a bunch of weight back again.

I have been trying to eat my way through pain.

Not a good thing for me.

Was reading back in here a little to get caught up.

So sorry to read about Bill, but the angels sound like a nice group to help out.

We had something similar when my grandmother went through hospice.

I have been offline for a few months.

We lost my teenage niece and nephew in a car accident.

Been hard on me, but I am ready to live my life again and let them be angels on my shoulders.

So good to see you back on here. Also very sorry to hear of your loss. As we have been saying, stress can put weight on and can also have the reverse effect and you can loose weight.

I hope that once you get back on track that you can get in a routine that will take those pounds off again.

Kathy

We too had some really bad weather this morning, 60+ mph winds and rain. It came through around 5 am. Luckily we had no damage, just some tall plants blown over. I kept hoping the elec wouldn't go off or I would have to put Bill on a tank of oxygen. It stayed on thank goodness.

Was the brother at work when he had the heart attack? Is he going to be alright?

The nurses visits are limited so don't think she will be here too many times anyway. The Visiting Angels come on Wednesday this week. I had a skin dr apppmnt today and got Bill's daughter to come and stay with him. I had a couple of spots zapped don't have to go back for 4 months. I think when the Journey Care people come on the 23rd they might be a little more medically inclined but will have to wait and see.

Mixed up some small mozarella balls, chopped tomato, olive oil, onion and oregano for dinner tonight. It was good but will probably be better tomorrow after it sits overnight and the flavors merge together, Also had sliced cucumber with ranch dressing to dip in. Strange food for dinner but it was very tasty and all I could think of I wanted to eat.

We have lots of lightening in the sky tonight, looks like we might get some more rain.

hope your day is good tomorrow

Sharon, the brother was at work. It is too early yet to see how he is doing. I just know that they admitted him into the hospital yesterday. Do you think that his jerk brother would call and see how he is doing, NO.

We had about the same weather conditions as you yesterday. I thought it would be raining today, but no, and lots of sunshine. We kept getting the red alerts through the evening.

I forgot to respond about Bill and his swimming. He has not gone since before we went on our cruise. He got an ear infection and now his right elbow has mussel issues and has to have surgery. But he does want to get back to swimming and loose the weight.

So tomorrow the Angles are starting. I hope it all goes well. What is the Journey Care, I don't remember of you talking about them. Very luck that you did not loose power with the oxygen.

Kathy

Boy someday he will be looking for someone to be there for him and no one will come.

Did Bill do something to his elbow or just cummulative injury? Too bad it stops him from swimming. I have not been swimming either for quite some time.

The Journey Care people are one step down from Hospice. Do most everything but obtain meds for you. I think their purpose is really to prevent repeated hospital stays. They are paid by medicare.

Bad day today for Bill and then of course for me.

Sharon, I am sorry that both you and Bill did not do very well yesterday. So are the Angels coming today? Perhaps you can set up a regular schedule to help you out.

Bill injured his elbow swimming last year. He has been going and getting the shots in his elbow, but they last for only 3 months. The only way it will get fixed is by the surgery. He still talks about swimming, he just has not gone. He figures they will not do it until he looses weight.

The jerk left for Ohio last night. He will be back on Sunday. His brother already had 2 stints and they put a third stint in yesterday. So perhaps today he will be coming home. His major issue is not eating properly.

Today and tomorrow should be very nice weather wise. There is no rain in the forecast. South of us everyone is under water, and they cannot handle any more amounts of rain.

Kathy

The CNA that came today was a man named Tom. Bill was doing very good tiday so they talked the whole 3 hours. Bill really liked him. I was setting up a schedule 3hours each on Tues and Thurs, but next Thursday the people from Journey Care are coming. So next week will be Mon and Wed, if Bill stays good enough I feel I can leave him. The the following week go back to Tues and Thurs.

Very nice day today but heat is coming back soon. The mosquities have been getting pretty bad lately.

The long haired scrubby cat is still hanging around but runs off as soon as it sees me.Saw outside on my straw bale that the wind the other night broke off my zucchini plant. Maybe will be able to still buy a replacement, I only planted one. The squash, tomatoes, cucumbers and pepper plants are doing good.

Bill's son fixed the tire on my mower and brought it back and put it back on. I had him show me how to change the oil and filter, seems easy enoug

Good jerk is gone for a few days and out of your hair.

Sharon, that is good that the caregiver is working out well for Bill. Let's hope that trend continues. Perhaps having someone who Bill likes will boost his spirits as well.

Yes, a breath of fresh air not having the jerk around. I do not know how long his brother will be off, but I am sure it will be for awhile.

It sure looks like rain this morning, and much cooler. But like you said the heat is coming back. It is really weird around here. We are in the middle of July and leaves are falling from the trees. What is going on? I had to put a jacket on last night, and we lost once again.

Enjoy and have a good rest of today.

Kathy

Was that the last time for bocce? It was cold last night, I opened a window in the bedroom and it was good sleeping.

Not so lucky to have a repeat from yesterday. Bill was so tired today only got him up to go to the bathroom and right back to bed. Pretty much slept all day, only thing I could get him to eat was a Yoplait orange cream yogurt and a small can of V-8. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

We had much rain and thunder tonight, kept losing the direct tv signal while trying to watch a program. But then on the 10 oclock news saw there were several tornadoes in western Il. So guess we were pretty lucky.

It was such a rainy day and with Bill sleeping all day, I was bored and made some peanut butter cookies. Then proceeded to eat about half of them throughout the day. Think some of those pounds that were lost will be found by tomorrow.

Sharon, we are just past the 1/2 way mark in Bocce, so we have 7 more games to play to the end.

Yes, agreed that we also did get a lot of rain yesterday, and some of it was severe. I was out getting my hair and nails done after work, so I ran into some of it.

Well like I have said, Bill will have good days and bad one's. Let's hope that the bad one's are few and more good days.

Bill went up in a 1929 Ford tri motor plane yesterday afternoon. Go to Fly The Ford.org and you can see what he did. I came home for lunch and went to our local airport about 1 mile south of our house and took pictures.

The heat is back for awhile and we could have the heat index going into the 100's for the next few days.

Kathy

Karen luckily you didn't lose anything, hope they didn't break a window to get in. Apple fritters sound good. I still have a few cookies left but they are very good and so easy to grab and eat!

Seems like it is raining everywhere but California.

Just noticed that the message I did last night to you didn't show up. Wonder where it went! Can't remember what all I said, but did say your Bill is quite the adventurer. I remember when he did the race car and the water thing with the air on his feet.

We had so much company yesterday was finally glad when they all finally left. All Bill's kids and the nurse. The kids came in two groups. One of the friends that came with asked if they could all come and have a party. I told her it wasn't a good idea. It would be too much for him and when they all come at once they don't talk to him they talk to each other.

We had a tornado spotted about a quarter of a mile north of us. I didn't even know there was a warning, because of the heavy clouds the tv wasn't on. My sister called and told me. I know we had buckets of rsin and wind and hail. Luckily we didn't lose the electric.

You still have enough time to win a few of the bocce games that are left, who knows your luck could change.

Any flooding in your area?

Love peanut butter cookies. It is really raining here in Florida. Someone broke into our truck late last night. They didn't take anything thou. Now I am thinking about Publix's apple fritters. They are great.

Awe yuck. Hate that. Glad they didn't take anything though. I don't think I've ever tried the apple fritters from Publix. I have had the chocolate cake that they put in the advertisements. Tuxedo thingie. That thing was good. My son had it for a bday cake a few years back.

Thanks Kathy! I am on the right track now.

My cruise bud just cancelled out on me for our girls cruise the 25th on the Valor. Think I am going anyway. Dh can't get away and it's a pack n go special. So I can't get any money back on it since it's less than 14 days out.

Sharon, no we have not had any flooding here. They put in a new sewer system a few years ago and it took them 2 years to complete. I also saw all of the warnings up your way yesterday and the tornado warning as well. Yesterday afternoon we got heavy downpours for about an hour, and then nothing the rest of the evening. Extreme heat here for the first time.

I agree that it is not good to have all of them coming at once. It will only tire Bill out and like you said, they are only talking with themselves and not Bill.

That Ford Tri Motor is leaving today as it has been at our airport since Thursday. So it leaves today and fly's back to Oshkosh for the air show there this week. We are going there this afternoon, as they are honoring veterans and Lieutenant Dan will be there.

Kathy

Awe yuck. Hate that. Glad they didn't take anything though. I don't think I've ever tried the apple fritters from Publix. I have had the chocolate cake that they put in the advertisements. Tuxedo thingie. That thing was good. My son had it for a bday cake a few years back.

Thanks Kathy! I am on the right track now.

My cruise bud just cancelled out on me for our girls cruise the 25th on the Valor. Think I am going anyway. Dh can't get away and it's a pack n go special. So I can't get any money back on it since it's less than 14 days out.

That is good to hear. Too bad your friend canceled the cruise. But is is good that you are still going. You have got to take advantage of those pack and go specials. Enjoy,

Kathy

Who is Lt Dan? Someone you know or someone famous. It was a good day to get out. I was even able to cut some of the grass around the house, not too humid and a little breeze kept the mosquitoes away. The rest of the grass was still too wet so will have to wait a couple of days for that to dry up a little.

My sister had an CT scan done about a week ago to check on the stents in her heart. They were fine but they saw something in her breast. They told her she should get a mamo and an ultrasound, so she did. Then they said she should get a biopsy. She got that last Thursday and they told her it looked suspicious. She won't know until the end of the coming week if it is something for sure or not. I thought I was the only one that ever would have to deal with breast cancer but now I'm worried she will too.

One of his daughters and husband left this morning for Gulf Shores Alabama, they will be gone a week. She was a little worried about leaving but I told her just go and have a good time.

Now that you mention it, I do remember that they had your grass and everything tore up for a really long time. Good that they did it though, now you don't have to worry.

tbb, sorry I can't remember your name, I agree with Kathy, you should go anyway. No sense losing the money and not having any fun. Did your buddy have a good reason or just decided not to go? What ship and how long is the cruise.

Sharon, the actor who played that part in the movie Forest Gump, Gary Sinise. They had it on the channel 7 news last night.

We love the Gulf Shore area as well. We have looked in buying at the Phoenix Complexes. So I hope they have a good time while there.

I am sorry to hear about your sister. At least she is having all of the tests to see what is going on. Let's hope that she receives some good news.

Now that we are heading into our first period without any rain. Things should be drying up for you to complete the grass cutting.

Enjoy, and have a good day today,

Kathy

Only a few sprinkles today, then more sun. Was going to go to the nursery and buy some stuff with my Groupon but just as I was heading over there it started with the rain.

We had the Visiting Angels guy come today, this week will be Mon and Wed. It went well, but my 3 hours go so fast I end up rushing and driving like crazy to get everything done.

Oh, yes I have heard of Gary, so did you get to see him when you went?

We have never been to Gulf Shores but sounds nice. Why did you decided not to buy something down there, was it going to be for winters when you retire?

Just heard on the news tonight the guy in charge of road in Chicago that makes $95,000 + a year spend 361 days in Port Charlotte, Florida last year. He calls in to tell employees what to do. Wouldn't think that would be legal! But then again that's Chicago and this is Illinois, where there doesn't seem to be anyone watching whats going on.

Sharon, we got nothing at all yesterday. It all tracked north of us or south of us.

Yes, Bill was standing about 6 feet away from Gary, along with the other Vietnam Vets. He presented a $15,000 check to help preserve the memorial that stands there.

So I agree that 3 hours fly's by for you. I guess you will just have to break up things. I thought you originally said that they were coming 3 days a week? So I am glad to hear that they are working out well.

We have not just found the right place or price range. They have I think about 8 building. So many different price ranges, and some have them priced way too high.

I did not hear that about that guy you spoke of. But like you have said it does not surprise me at all.

Enjoy and have a good day today,

Kathy

Today was a very bad day. Bill had diarrhea and it really wore him out. I called the Berringer Ingelheim people who distribute the expensive drug he takes and wound up with a gal who was more interested in me providing all the information about him than what she could do for me. The she recommended that I call his pulmonary doctor, so I did. He was saying it might be time to stop the medication, but that is not what I wanted to hear. So today has been very hard to deal with. He has a dr appmnt with the general practitioner dr he saw in the hospital this coming Thursday. I was going to cancel because he is not really able to go anywhere, but his daughter said she would provide the van with a wheel chair lift so if nothing else happens guess we will give it a try. I wouldn't make him even go but he has a very bad sore and need to get something for it. The nurse came today and she said maybe it was a yeast infection so we put cornstarch on it instead of the neosporine I had been doing. I hate this!

Sharon, I am so very sorry that things are not going very well. I understand on how hard it is to get Bill moved around and taking him out of the house. But if his daughter comes with her wheelchair van, that will be a good way of transporting him. So you have to wait until tomorrow to be taking him.

I understand on how much you hate all of this. I can only offer you my prayers and sympathy for support. So those people who are coming 2 days a week for 3 hours. Is that the max they will come, or can they come 3 days a week?

If he has some sort of infection, certainly that will cause a host of problems. Also those infections are so hard to get rid of.

I hope today is a much better day for you and I will continue to send my prayers your way, always. I have not been feeling very well over the past few days. Just run down and worn out.

Kathy

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling very good, hope its only temporary, maybe you can catch up on your rest this weekend.

My sister found out the results of her biopsy today, and yes it is breast cancer. She will be doing Chemo for 8 treatments then a lumpectomy then radiation. Hopefully they caught it early enough that that will be the end of it.

Bill was slightly better today, getting a little more hydrated I think. He hates to get up early and that is what he is going to have to do tomorrow for the dr. I think I will let him sleep until about an hour before we go though. Then in the afternoon the people from Pallative care will come. I am not too impressed with them at this point since they haven't been able to come for 3 weeks.

Bill' son and his girlfriend came over tonight around 5 pm. He brought his gas saw of some kind and trimmed all the evergreens in the front of the house. Saved me hours of work with my electric trimmers. Then I raked up the cuttings and he hauled them off. His girlfriend stayed in the house and talked to Bill. I have completely changed my opinion of her since the first time we met her. Guess she doesn't make a good first impression. Now I am really liking her and glad his son has her in his life.

Thank you for the prayers, always welcome and needed. I'll send a few down your way for you too.

Sharon, you can never have too many prayers for us all.

This is the first time this year, that we have not had any rain for awhile. It will give your area a good chance to be drying out. On the down side, I have to start watering now. Very good that Bill's son is helping you out, and that you have a favorable impression on his girlfriend now as well.

Today you have a very busy day today. I hope all goes well for you. Perhaps you can say something to them when they come over later on this afternoon. You should let them know of you displeasure.

This place just wears me out. Everyone comes to me for everything. No one can think or do anything on their own. We also have a perfect loosing record in boccie.

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. That will be a lot for her to be going through. Let's hope and pray for the best outcome.

Kathy

Everything went well yesterday with the van transporting him to the dr and the driver helping also. But by the time he got home he was completely worn out and slept the whole rest of the day. The Journey Care nurse was the only one that came in the afternoon. She questioned whether it was better at this point, her words, to keep giving him the medicine or quit and have Hospice come in and help. She did wake him up enough to talk a little and he told her he is still hoping to get well and did not want to stop taking the medicine. Afterwards she told me by looking and talking to him he did not have very long to live. Not a very easy thing to hear even though I know it is coming. There is no one else coming as in a team or anything and she is coming back next Thursday. When she left I talked to him and he said he was upset she told him that he was dying too. I told him to just ignore what she said because how in the world could she know.

Bill's dr son and the one daughter is coming over this afternoon. I think the Pulmonary dr talked his son so I hope he doesn't try to get Bill to do something he doesn't want to do, like give up the medicine. It might be the best thing but if he doesn't want to he shouldn't have to.

Two of my sisters sons and their wives are going with her today to talk with the cancer doctor. Good she has someone for support.

I know your job gets to you, but remember they can't do without you so stand your ground.

It's also nice even though your team cannot seem to win at bocce that you are getting out and seeing people and having fun.