***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, keep in mind that Wednesday was the day that Bill was in the ER. I did not want to go but he said to go. Even though I did not play, the team did win again, for the third time in a row. What is going on, we could not win for anything and now we are winning.

As far as the air show, you are right, as the 2 did collide and he was knocked out before he hit the building and the ground. A very sad thing to happen. He died yesterday afternoon.

Very hot again today and tomorrow holds the same. I guess the next real chance for rain is Tuesday, Wednesday. Watering everyday with the lack of rain.

Yes, who knows what this week will hold, always a new experience at this place.

Kathy

Edited by mstrc1

Oh yes I forgot that Wed was the day he was in the er room. But hey, I told you your team wou lo d start winning. Any chance you could "place".

My sister was not doing good with the after effects of the chemo. She finally called the dr and they had her come in and gave her 2 bags of IV stuff to hydrate her. Her BP was low and she was nauseas. She has to go back in on Wed to get it again. They set up a person to deliver meals to her also. So it sounds like she is in good hands. Hope it gets better soon, in 3 weeks she is set to get it again.

I called the gal from Hospice this morning and she came out this afternoon. I signed all tge paperwork so he is now enrolled. They want to bring in their bed, get their oxygen and use their meds. We just switched oxygen companies so hate to do that to them. The gal said that we could always change our minds but then it would be quite a bit to set everything back up the way it was.

We decided to do it because he just doesn't eat anything, only drinks Ensure. So even though his oxygen level is in the 90's he is starving to death very slowly. So we want to see if he stops taking that one med if he will get his appetite back. We have several months of the med so we could still give it to him and not tell them too if his oxygen starts to go down.

Had a Direct TV guy out to fix a problem and he gave me a survey when he was done to rate his work. I gave him an 8. He said he really wanted a 9 or 10. I said he didn't tell me what was going on and it sounded like he was playing a game on his telephone and I couldn't understand him, he was hispanic. He kept on about how he needed to have a 9 or 10 and I didn't think he was going to leave if I didn't change it. So I went and opened the door to get him out. Funny thing it hadn't rained for what 3 weeks maybe? But as soon as he came in we had a big downpour and lost the signal for a long time.

Sharon, I hope your sister starts to do better. Chemo is such a very hard thing on everyone. I heard that soon they are coming up with something really different.

I was not aware that you have decided to put Bill on Hospice. I don't understand why you need to have one of their beds. You already have a hospital bed, why do they need to bring in another? So what is the deal with them, on how often will they be coming and how long will they stay? Does that mean that the Angel guy will not be coming again?

I did see where the northern part got a lot of rain in a very short period of time. We did get rain but not a huge amount. I guess we could get some more later on this afternoon.

What was with that cable guy. You rated him the way you felt he preformed. If you did not like something then he should have done better. Lucky you were able to get him out of your house.

As far as bocce, it is too little, too late. There is no way we will place in anything with only 3 games left to play.

Have a good day today,

Kathy

We hadn't considered Hospice becsuse of the one drug. But the diarrhea got so bad thought we better try stopping it and see if it made a difference. After about 4 days no more diarrhea at least so far. Thinking about quality of life remaining. I was surprised that I called on Monday morning and by noon had someone scheduled to come out. Had a social worker come this morning and had meds delivered this afternoon, have a male nurse coming tomorrow to evaluate Bill's condition and the other bed. Friday have someone coming to give him a bath in bed. So the team has assembled, hope it all works out. We can still have Tom from visiting Angels come because we are paying him, not medicare. Thats a good thing Bill likes him.

Talked to my sister tonight, she has not been able to keep anything down, not even water. She was supposed to be getting a prescription for nausea still tonight. She is going back for another IV tomorrow and Thursday.

We lost our TV picture for about half an hour while it poured rain tonight. Will have to check the rain gauge tomorrow.

Got gas today for the mowers, price was down to $2.79. Went down a little from a week ago.

Sharon, like you have said, it does look like they have put together a good team to care for Bill . I know when Bill's father passed away some years ago, we did not have hospice. It was called palliative care. I did not know that about the Angel guy that it was private pay. As long as he is good for Bill, then that is good to keep him coming.

So sorry to hear about your sister. That chemo is very hard for most people. I hope soon they will come up with something better that does not make you so sick.

I did see that your area got a lot of rain yesterday. It did not start coming down here until 9 pm, and it was all finished around 10. It is just very overcast today, and I guess we could get some more. Much cooler today.

Have a good day today.

Kathy

More rain last night so that was good. Grass is going to start growing again!

Had the different bed delivered this morning, Bill had to sit in the wheelchair while they assembled it. Now we have two beds in the front room and its very crowded. I called the other company to come and pick up their bed and was told it would be a week, that was their policy. They also brought a different oxygen concentrator. I called the other company and told them I was sorry but would have to change to the Hospice concentrator. They said no you don't, they will tell you that but you don't have to. So I called Hospice and told them to figure it out. Then had a nurse named Michael come out to do an evaluation on Bill. He was very nice and went over a couple more meds, morphine being one of them. I told him about the bed and he asked for the company's phone number, said he would rattle their chain. Later that day I got a call, they would be picking up the bed tomorrow. So that is good.

Everyone that comes in comments on our open area room. There is a high vaulted ceiling and the front room and dining room are open, the kitchen is only divided by a counter with stools. I always tell them this room is what sold us on the house. Funny we never had much company now have all kinds of people coming.

Another one of Bill's daughters came up with something else to aggravate me. She text me she was going to file at work for Fmla so she could be down here more. I text her back you had to be the primary care giver, which she never has been, and besides he sleeps most of the day, what would she do all day. She text she wants to be by her dad and wouldn't do anything but be here. Then she text me to give her Bill's dr's name so she could get him to sign the paper. I just gave up and text it to her. Thats the last thing I need, her sitting here all day. And she is the one that keeps trying to move into his farm house so thats probably what shes planning. His kids all seem to be closing in on me.

My poor sister is still so very sick, last night her blood pressure dropped and she almost passed out. Today more IV's but able to get a little jello down, praying tomorrow is better.

Did you win tonight? Kind of cold even wasn't it!

Sharon, we played the # 1 team and we almost won, but ended loosing by 1 point. We have only 2 more games until the end of the season. Yes, we turned the AC off last night as we have had it running for 2 weeks non stop. Even today it is much cooler.

I can see how much this is all upsetting you, as I am in reading all of this crap. They all need to respect you and FMLA is also a bunch of crap. You should call the Dr and suggest to him not to be signing that form. They need to respect you and your wishes, and I can see how they are closing in on you. I hope you have all of your ducks in a row, to protect yourself.

This sounds all too crazy with exchanging beds, and I do not see why they cannot use the one you already have. What is the big difference. I can see how fast Hospice is moving. I hope all works well for you with them being around now.

I am so sorry to hear about your sister and how hard all of the treatments are on her. Bill got a call late yesterday afternoon. His grandson was rushed into the ER for a ruptured appendix that burst. So he will be going there today to visit him as he will be there for about 4 days. He is only 11.

I will add your sister to my prayer list.

Kathy

Hope Bill's grandson is alright, dangerous when that happens. Eleven is very young for that to happen.

congrats on the "almost" win, bet you had to wear coats! It started out cold here this morning and very windy but by afternoon was 72, just perfect.

Picked up my prescription for the colonoscopy, big gallon jug with some powder like stuff in the bottom. Didn't read the directions but I think I fill it with water. Yuk, have to limit some foods and pain killers starting tomorrow. Getting nervous now that its getting closer, Wed is the day.

When tge guy came to pick up the bed I was not here. He used that thing on the storm door to hold it open. Don't know why, didn't do that when he brought it. Anyway, he could not get it to release. Tom the Visiting Angel guy could not get it to release, neither could I. So I called Bill's son but he had just started cutting a big load of wood for his wood burner. He will come tomorrow morning, till then the door stays open.

Talked to my sister, seems to be feeling a little better but has gotten thrush in her mouth now*from*something. Going to another dr tomorrow, when she had the stents put in by her heart they damaged her voice box. Now when she talks has to keep clearing her throat and sometimes can only whisper. She always loved to sing now cannot possibly do it. They are trying some treatment to try and help. Glad she is able to go with as bad as Tues and Wed were.

Another weekend means all the "kids" will be over either Fri, Sat or Sun maybe all three days. Will be glad for Monday.

Might cut a little grass tomorrow.

Sharon, good luck with that test. I am glad you were finally able to schedule the test. I can only schedule the test on Monday, as I have all weekend to prepare for it. I can not do that gallon anymore. I have 2, 8 oz bottles and drink that, and that really cleans me out. But you need to talk to the Dr and ask for it, otherwise they give you what they did.

It is too bad that you were not present when the guy came and picked up the bed. I would say that he pushed it so far back that it is jammed. So more than likely the son will have to take the screws out and remove it and then set it back to where you can close the door. Too bad he did that.

Yes, Bill went to visit his GS yesterday and he could be in the hospital for 4 days. The Dr said he is lucky to be alive and the range is from 10 to 21 years old. It actually burst on Sunday and his son took him to the ER on Wednesday. I have never heard of this either, but they are giving him morphine.

I am sorry to hear about your sister still not doing very well. Bill has two heart stints and they are working fine for him and nothing like what happened to your sister.

Good luck with all of the family coming over this weekend. Karen said it right. This is your house and you should have a say on who comes and who stays. They all need to respect you and not just do whatever they please.

Kathy

I didn't know that age group was more likey to get that. He is lucky to be alive waiting that long. But I know you always want to wait and see if it will get better and not run up to the hospital.

You were exactly right, his son had to take it off and will get a new one to replace it. Luckiky there was a clisure at both the top and bottom of the door so it still stays closed with the one.

I wish I had known there was an alternative to that big gallon of stuff, I surely would have requested it. I drink half in Tues night then have to get up at 3:45 on Wed to drink the other half. I think I am going to try and get Tom the Visiting Angel to come, thought it was all set with either Bill's granddaughter ir his daughter but she said yesterday it may be ger husband. He is about 300+ pounds and I don't think he can handle getting Bill into the wheelchair and toliet and back to bed. Don't know with such short notice he may have other appmnts he dies on Wed.

After I had breast cancer I got a reconstruction, 10 years ago. Abiut 2 months ago I was really straining to cut some tree branches down and felt and heard a ripping sound. It was sore for several weeks but looked ok. Well I cut grass yesterday and today and it is very bumpy. I was thinking I should have worn my sports bra. When I got done I came in, took a shower and noticed the reconstruction is no longer connected like it should be. I will need to have it fixed but will mean surgery and I won't be able to get Bill up or moved around. Not even sure how I can get to a dr its such a hassle.

My susters thriat was damaged when tgey put the tube diwn her throat

Had a problem and had to close off before I lost everything already wrote.

My sisters throat was damaged by the tube they put in while having surgery for the stents. Seems its even worse now after the chemo. I can barely understand her on the phone. Bill too lately seems to talk without moving his lips and is very hard to understand.

Sharon, Bill GS came home yesterday afternoon. Now he should be much better recovering at home, versus in the hospital. I guess this is an extremely painful surgery, and that is why they need to keep him on morphine.

You need to let Bill's son who has been doing things around there help you out, so you do not need to be doing those things as you have really hurt yourself. I hope you can manage until you can get that fixed. I am so sorry that you have injured yourself.

Yes, that is nuts that they are still making people go through that gallon stuff. I do not know anyone who can drink the entire gallon and not get sick in the process. If they prescribe that, I tell them that I cannot do that, and I want the other stuff.

It is raining here just now, and I guess after today, we will not get any more rain until next weekend.

I will continue to say prayers for you and that all goes well for your procedure on Wednesday, and that all goes well for the care of Bill.

Kathy

Bill's daughter and her husband are planning to come on Wed so that will be good, they can help each other with him. I also told her about my latest problem and she said you call Monday and I'll get over to stay with Bill if you can get in. So I will see what they say about getting an appmnt.

My sister sounded better today, said people from her church had been so helpful getting her to appmnts, buying her meds and even cleaning her house and bringing casserols.

Had all the kids over again both days of the weekend, went pretty well though. I guess its good they come and visit their dad.

Good the grandson got to go home.. He will probably heal pretty quick being so young. Seems they bounce back quicker than older folks. Bet he is missing school seems like Illinois schools have already started. Wisconsin schools don't start till after labor day.

Sharon, yes around here the kids started back to school this past Thursday. He will miss about 2 weeks of school. They will know for sure on Thursday when he sees the Dr.

It is good that you have things all lined up for Wednesday. I hope your procedure goes well. for you. It is too bad that you cannot use that other prep that I have been using.

I hope today you can get in for an appointment to check you out and see when you can have the corrective surgery.

We got about a 1/2 inch of rainfall yesterday morning, and now no rain in the forecast for the rest of this week.

I hope your sister continues to get help and progress to get better and on her way to recovery.

Kathy

The dr I used before retired I found out, so I started looking on the internet and reading reviews. I found a dr in Rockford, called and got in at 3:15 today. I called Bill's daughter and her and her husband came over to watch Bill. I did like the dr, he said he could do it in October. Said there is a lot of breast cancer out there. I asked him about a mastectomy on the other side with a reconstruction. He said insurance has to pay for it and he could recommend a surgeon and coordinate the reconstruction at the same time. But I think I will get this taken care of first or I won't be able to take care of Bill. The one I had was filled with saline but he says he only uses silicone because it is so much more life like.

Talked with my sister today too, she is feeling better so that is good. She said when they do her surgery tgey will have a dr to try and fix her throat also so she can talk right again.

Wish I had known about the other prep, will start taking it tomorrow night at 6pm. Then have to take again at 3:45 am. Going to be a long couple of days, so glad to get it over with.

So how was your weekend, do anything fun? It was such a nice day but today was only in the 60's.Looks like would b e a good time this week to work outside if one had time.

Sharon, on Friday night I had bunco, not here but at another members house. Then on Saturday four of us went shopping and lunch. Sunday, church and then just did outside work.

I am glad you have found a Dr to take care of that for you. Too bad they cannot do it any sooner.

Good luck on your colonoscopy tomorrow. I do not envy you taking all of that stuff. I am glad to hear that your sister is doing better. Hopefully they can correct that for her so she can talk much better.

The temps and weather has been great and we turned off our AC last Wednesday to give it a need rest.

Kathy

Bill did not sleep good last night started that taking off his clothes and oxygen all night. Jammed his arm in and out of his sleeve so much actually split the skin by his elbow. Tonight will give him a pill to relieve anxiety if he starts that again.

My test went ok, some small pollops but dr assured me they were benign. Talked to the anesthtist before told her last time I could feel it at a certain point but was unable to say anything. She said they use something different now called propofol. I said oh no thats what killed Michael Jackson. She assured me she would closely monitor me and make sure it was pain free. So they rolled me in to the room and had me lay on my side then my eyes got kind of funny and the next thing I knew was back in the first room. So don't need another for 5 years, yeah!

The other dr's office called and said my appmnt was going to be in November, even worse than originally thought. Business must be good for the dr to be scheduled that far out.

Beautiful day, what I saw of it today. The cat I had been feeding and hadn't seen for a couple of weeks was back today. Was glad nothing happened to it.

Sharon, I am so sorry to hear that you cannot get in until November. But I am glad that your test yesterday went well and that you do not have to go back for 5 years. That is the same for me as well. I cannot stand those tests. That is funny that you thought of Michael Jackson.

I guess you will have to give Bill something to help him sleep better at night. You might just have to give it to him anyway just to help him sleep at night.

Real cool around here. It did not make it out of the 60's here yesterday at all. We lost last night and now only 1 more game to play next week for the end of the season.

Kathy

I think the half pill worked too good because he just couldn't wale up much today. I called the Hospice phone number to ask about it and if he could have a UT infevtion wgain but was told they would call me back. They did call back but it was 2 hrs later, I was wondering what would I have done in a real emergency. Then the nurse on call told me to give him morphine every hour. Keep him comfortable even if it means keep him out. I am not going to do that. Going to be a long night though he already has taken off his oxygen 2 times in the last 5 minutes.

Sharon, is that Morphine in the liquid form, as we had to have that for Bill Dad. It sounded like the Hospice people were there at first all of the time, and now they have backed off, and not there as much. It is important to be keeping him comfortable, but not totally out like they suggested.

It has been real cool around here and now I guess it will be starting to warm up now each and every day.

I am going to a lake in Indiana tomorrow with my sister and cousin overnight. Then the following week we will be going to Saugatuck for the Labor Day Weekend. I want to get out of work around noon. Me and the jerk had it out a few days ago, as I stayed after work to talk to him for about 45 minutes. I almost walked out of here and called it quits. Basically I told him that he is not going to continue to yell and talk to me the way he has. I told him if this continues I am finished.

Kathy

I did have the nurse out, she said no UT infection or pneumonia. Was pretty good yesterday afternoon but soon as it stsrted to get dark started to get agitated and pull his oxygen off. I gave him a lorazepam at 9:30pm and again at 3:30 am. Today all day has not woke up but continues to pull off the oxygen. Guess just have to wait, his son and 2 daughters have stopped in and tried to wake him but hasn't worked. The morphine is liquid and one daughter wanted me to give him some but I said, why? I don't want to put him further asleep.

Do you think the talk did any good, seems you might just have to keep reminding him every so often to treat you right. The overnight trip to Indiana sounds like fun, are you going to shop somewhere?

The other trip too with your hubby will be nice, help you have some fun and recharge for the weeks ahead.

Sharon, everyone needs to step back and let you run things your way. But it does not sound like they are doing so.

I left yesterday morning and once we got there it was pouring rain all day and into the night. So we were inside yesterday, and only today did we go out on the boat for about 3 hours. There was no shopping only talking and relaxing. Next week is our trip to Saughatuck. I got back home today around 3 and left an hour later to go to a birthday party for a GS. So I have been on the move this entire day.

You are right about the jerk. I don't think he will ever change. So every so often when I am about to explode, I have to let him know that he is not going to get away with certain things, and not to talk or yell at me the way he does.

Kathy